Sign in to follow this  
Baber20

Sim Update 10 Beta 1.27.14.0 available now

Crash Fixes 1.27.14.0

Several crashes have been fixed across the title

Fixed crash when exiting after loading an aircraft with XML gauges.

SDK:

Fixed tools compatibility issues

Fixed Platform Toolset support for Visual Studio 2022

Fixed a crash at exit with vector placement

Activity:

Fixed scenario where bushtrips progress returned to 0% after updating builds

SimConnect:

TaxiPoint (and also Taxiway data) are now available through NavData API

Fixed a bug which alters the last fields of returned structure

General:

Change drone camera speed to 30

Fixed a scenario where HDR was not working

Fixed a scenario where exposure brightness increases too quickly when looking towards instruments

[Xbox] Remove leisure boat slider as it was not relevant on this platform

Fixed building texture flickering that could occur on Xbox

[VR] Fixed a bug where World Scale modification was not saved

Edited by Baber20
  • Like 5

Baber

My Youtube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/HDOnlive

I think this is the final beta version before SU 10 goes live.

Edit: We are 10 days out from the SU 10 release. I doubt there will be another build before the release.  Microsoft/Asobo probably want to make sure this build is stable for the release of SU 10.

Edited by abrams_tank

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

No mention of reversing the changes to memory management in DX12. 

• Like 4

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

3 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

I think this is the final beta version before SU 10 goes live.

I really hope not. Although they fixed HDR (I haven't been able to test it yet), DX12 is a mess. 

If this one goes live, there will be a lot of very happy Xbox users, and a lot of very unhappy PC users. 

4 minutes ago, St Mawgan said:

No mention of reversing the changes to memory management in DX12.

Indeed. Guess they will need some more time to reinstate this. 

• Like 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

31 minutes ago, Baber20 said:

TaxiPoint (and also Taxiway data) are now available through NavData API

This seems helpful/important to third party devs (but I could be totally wrong)

also hope they fix the DX12.  That to me was the most attractive part of SU10

• Like 8
  • Upvote 2

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

Change drone camera speed to 30

Fixed a scenario where exposure brightness increases too quickly when looking towards instruments

Well these shows that they're listening to user feedback. Both of these have gotten some considerable attention in the official beta forums. 

• Like 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

46 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

I really hope not. Although they fixed HDR (I haven't been able to test it yet), DX12 is a mess. 

If this one goes live, there will be a lot of very happy Xbox users, and a lot of very unhappy PC users. 

Indeed. Guess they will need some more time to reinstate this. 

I think people will just go back to use DX 11.  For me, I didn't expect them to get DX 12 right in this SU. I expect them to take several SUs this year and next year to get DX 12 right. I'm going to guess, DX 12 should work reasonably well by SU 13 or SU 14, which would put it to next year.

• Like 4

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

I'm getting decent performance with this new update in DX11. Just did a 1hr flight in the 172 G1000 from Rijeka to Venice, vanilla sim (safe mode), 4K DLSS quality, ultra settings, T-LOD 200. No performance degradation compared to last update. Panning in external mode is smooth. Average FPS 76, 1% low 53. 

HDR seems to be back, need to do more testing though. Problem with the last beta update was that even though dev mode listed HDR as "on", image quality was not as per "true HDR". 

Eye adaptation seems better, as now I think there's less of the whiteout effect when looking outside over the glareshield. 

I'll do some tests in more demanding scenarios though. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

I'm getting decent performance with this new update in DX11. Just did a 1hr flight in the 172 G1000 from Rijeka to Venice, vanilla sim (safe mode), 4K DLSS quality, ultra settings, T-LOD 200. No performance degradation compared to last update. Panning in external mode is smooth. Average FPS 76, 1% low 53. 

HDR seems to be back, need to do more testing though. Problem with the last beta update was that even though dev mode listed HDR as "on", image quality was not as per "true HDR". 

Eye adaptation seems better, as now I think there's less of the whiteout effect when looking outside over the glareshield. 

I'll do some tests in more demanding scenarios though. 

Thanks… sounds positive. Would be interesting to know what performance you get in DX12 with the same settings and flight.  Also, What CPU/GPU are you using?

5 minutes ago, Virtual-Chris said:

Thanks… sounds positive. Would be interesting to know what performance you get in DX12 with the same settings and flight.  Also, What CPU/GPU are you using?

It's in his Signature Chris

i9-13900K @ 5.8Ghz / Asus TUF 4090 OC / 32 GB DDR 5 / Corsair 1000W PS /  Pimax Crystal / 2 SATA SSD / 2TB M2 SSD/ DOF Reality H3 motion platform/ Win 11 

2 hours ago, Baber20 said:

This was an awful inclusion in the first place and beggars belief how it passed through internally, hope it's fixed for VR though that's the main thing for me.

2 hours ago, Baber20 said:

[VR] Fixed a bug where World Scale modification was not saved

Good job on that, although the other VR UI bug isn't listed which should've been straight forward.

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

4 minutes ago, Virtual-Chris said:

I don't think there's any point in testing DX12 at the moment, until they sort out the issues with VRAM management. Before they disabled the memory manager though, I was getting very promising results in DX12, with exceptionally smooth performance (in fact the best yet in this sim), and very decent CPU multithread usage. 

Specs in my signature. 

• Like 2

Here's what I don't understand about the recent DX12 problems: I have a seven-year-old 1070 with only 8GB of memory, which is far less video memory than most of you have. Nonetheless, the release of SU10 brought my system a new level of performance with DX12. I encountered no problems at all with DX12 and gained a great performance boost. I know, however, that others experienced graphics problems with DX12 -- problems which needed to be addressed. Fine. But why remove the DX12 optimizations while working to fix the problems? After all, this is a beta. If the graphics problems that some suffered with DX12 were truly show-stoppers for them, then they could always revert to DX11 until the DX12 fix is finalized.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

1 minute ago, David Mills said:

Here's what I don't understand about the recent DX12 problems: I have a seven-year-old 1070 with only 8GB of memory, which is far less video memory than most of you have. Nonetheless, the release of SU10 brought my system a new level of performance with DX12. I encountered no problems at all with DX12 and gained a great performance boost. I know, however, that others experienced graphics problems with DX12 -- problems which needed to be addressed. Fine. But why remove the DX12 optimizations while working to fix the problems? After all, this is a beta. If the graphics problems that some suffered with DX12 were truly show-stoppers for them, then they could always revert to DX11 until the DX12 fix is finalized.

Perhaps the performance improvements they gained caused the issues for others, so in trying to fix the issues it then became apparent that the performance was a side effect they couldn't keep (not saying that is the case, just an example).

Software coding item A doesn't always mean it's easy to code item B, especially when for no reason whatsoever item C gets corrupted. 

• Like 3

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)