Sign in to follow this  
spearmint_flyer

Drzweicki Design working on KEWR MSFS

2 hours ago, Zimmerbz said:

I can try to look next time I fly out of there and can report back

That would be great thanks Zimmerbz 

18 minutes ago, SKEWR said:

@Silverbird Works for me. UAL was my dream job when I was flight training. It didn't work out for me as a pilot, but I still fly UAL in all the sims! I used to live in Newark itself now I'm south of it but still close.

I'm using DLSS on quality, Maybe I'll try it in performance. I'm thinking of getting a new PC this summer so hopefully I can enjoy the EWR/NYC area even more. 

That's great guess will figure it out...sorry to hear about that I always wanted to a pilot also... but kinda got stuck with a bunch of word not allowed and life changes/health..... thank God we have flight simulator...ah so not far from newark before its good you moved south tho yeah I'm trying different settings in dlss and so far my p.c is ok would love to upgrade the video card maybe but im a sucker and always love to upgrade the cpu lol.

• Like 1

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

So is it really worth buying this airport ?  It seems many people are talking negative about this airport ?  I have KLAX and KDTW and they both run fine with me.

10700kf, 3080 nividia, 32gbs 3400mhz, 1,000 watts power, M.2 DVMe !tb, boot, 1tb 7200rpm, storage, windows 10 home

46 minutes ago, Sunshine13 said:

So is it really worth buying this airport ?  It seems many people are talking negative about this airport ?  I have KLAX and KDTW and they both run fine with me.

id say wait till DD commits to updates to improve performance. 

7900x3d , 64gb 6200mhz 30CL Ram, RTX 3080

1 hour ago, Sunshine13 said:

if you wanna fly gliders in this airport yes if you wanna fly airliners wait until they find  fix for perfomance becasue at the moment is a photo show airport

• Like 1

4 hours ago, michael8 said:

if you wanna fly gliders in this airport yes if you wanna fly airliners wait until they find  fix for perfomance becasue at the moment is a photo show airport

This has been posted on the DD forums today. Doesn‘t look like they are working on a fix.

We did many performance tests during the last few weeks and we had a feeling that we did as much optimization as possible. Even if this is a rather demanding area, this scenery includes our best optimization solutions all, which was confirmed by many positive reviews that we got during the last hours.“

Source: https://drzewiecki-design.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=533&start=15

Would like more raw performance data from people. It's rough area so if there's not much overhead left in the hardware, this could be the proverbial last straw (VRAM limit etc.), but not the actual cause for FPS problems.

• Upvote 1

Im very hesitant of buying this one aswell. If the performance is too bad, it really kills the immersion.

Would love to try it, but I use AIG/FSLTL and i wont fly to an major airport without these.

Will wait for some more reviews before making my decision 🙂

Okay tried it myself: 1080ti, 5600 Ryzen, 32 GB ram, so pretty average. Started the 737 at the gate, 2k graphics, terrain LOD 200, AIG 100% (which is like 500 AI aircraft over New York!), live weather (mostly clear now). 26-27 FPS looking straight ahead out of the cockpit, which is FAR more than I get on EGLL on the same settings.
Stutters while looking around, yes, but that's mostly due to the photogrammetry and happens in many other places, too, for me (even small cities like Bilbao). When I put terrain LOD to 100, stutters are already significantly better (because much less photogrammetry is being actively loaded), like almonst non existant.

So all in all I think it's pretty good? Definitely not a showstopper if I with my average potatoe can run it with 500 AI aircraft on a study level jet

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

Okay tried it myself: 1080ti, 5600 Ryzen, 32 GB ram, so pretty average. Started the 737 at the gate, 2k graphics, terrain LOD 200, AIG 100% (which is like 500 AI aircraft over New York!), live weather (mostly clear now). 26-27 FPS looking straight ahead out of the cockpit, which is FAR more than I get on EGLL on the same settings.
Stutters while looking around, yes, but that's mostly due to the photogrammetry and happens in many other places, too, for me (even small cities like Bilbao). When I put terrain LOD to 100, stutters are already significantly better (because much less photogrammetry is being actively loaded), like almonst non existant.

So all in all I think it's pretty good? Definitely not a showstopper if I with my average potatoe can run it with 500 AI aircraft on a study level jet

Wow didn't know LOD is a main cause of stutters... The recommendation is to have it to set to 100 max in dense areas?

I have a 9700K (not OCed), 3080Ti and 16 GB RAM.

Thanks!

Shom

Shom

[Win 10 Pro, i7-9700K, MSI 3080Ti, 4K screen, Crucial 2666 16GB, 2 500GB Samsung EVOs 850/860]

[MSFS 2020 running with Fenix A320, PMDG 737, FSS E-175, Aerosoft CRJ]

[P3D v5.3 HF2 running with ifly 737 Max 8, FSLabs A319/320/321, Feelthere E170/175/190/195 v3, PMDG 737 NGXu ,TFDI 717, Aerosoft CRJ Pro, Majestic Dash 8, CS 757 iii, Feelthere ERJ-145, Fly The Maddog X, QW 787, PMDG 777]

38 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

When I put terrain LOD to 100, stutters are already significantly better (because much less photogrammetry is being actively loaded), like almonst non existant.

This is interesting, as a side note I’ll have to try this at Inibuilds KLAX as the stuttering there is horrendous for me…maybe the fact that it’s surrounded by photogrammetry is the culprit.

Good to hear positive things about KEWR performance as I’m quite interested in this one.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

37 minutes ago, Shomron said:

Wow didn't know LOD is a main cause of stutters... The recommendation is to have it to set to 100 max in dense areas?

I have a 9700K (not OCed), 3080Ti and 16 GB RAM.

Thanks!

Shom

Photogrammetry is the sole main cause of many stutters (while looking around / changing views), not terrain LOD per se. But since terrain LOD also defines how far out photogrammetry will be loaded and to which extent, yes, this should be the go-to-setting if you have massive stutters while looking around.
I usually leave mine at 200 because I don't look around that much in an airliner except in the air (and there it's not problem) and I'm fine with 25 FPS on the ground in dense areas, but sometimes (EGLL, KLAX or New York) on approach I need to lower it to 100 because on approach the FPS tank too much.

You could also just switch off photogrammetry and enjoy how smooth MSFS can be 🙂 But that's an unpleasant tradeoff in New York, obviously.

Edited by Fiorentoni
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Fiorentoni said:

According to DD the FPS drop vs default scenery should be around 35% at gates, slightly less when moving on the aprins and around 15% less on the runways. For most people 35% less fps are like 10-12 fps which is quite a lot. DD said that they tried to optimize the performance in a way that in the most important stages, like landing or taking off, and thus further away from the most detailed objects, the fps should be the highest.

So in your case, is the fps acceptable on the runways?

1 hour ago, petz_e said:

According to DD the FPS drop vs default scenery should be around 35% at gates, slightly less when moving on the aprins and around 15% less on the runways. For most people 35% less fps are like 10-12 fps which is quite a lot. DD said that they tried to optimize the performance in a way that in the most important stages, like landing or taking off, and thus further away from the most detailed objects, the fps should be the highest.

So in your case, is the fps acceptable on the runways?

For me it was a very bad slideshow on landing (worst I have experienced and I don't get them very often), and on takeoff, it was better, but still stuttery

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

Flew from KIAD to KEWR last night in the A310. (Not sure why the A310 doesn't have the PHLBO3 arrival but that's a separate topic)

No issues until I was passing Met Life stadium into runway 22L. The performance was poor. Two 3 to 4 second pauses and several smaller stutters on the approach. After landing the stutters stopped, but the FPS wasn't great. I will try another flight in another aircraft.

What has already seemed to improve things slightly is turning LOD down to 125 and trying a different plane (in my case the FENIX). If the thread still is up, I'll update my experiences.

• Like 2

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

It seems I will skip this one. I just watched 737NG Driver's video and the take off for Anchorage looked terribly jittery. Maybe an Achilles heal for MSFS is the ability of developers to optimize airports to run well. This to me should be the first consideration -- there is no point having a really nicely modeled airport, inside and out, if you cannot have a stutter free, smooth approach, landing and taxi. I hope this does not become a trend.

Edited by Cognita
  • Like 1

Dan Scott