Sign in to follow this  
spearmint_flyer

Drzweicki Design working on KEWR MSFS

The main issue is not just how many frames u get, but is the performance smooth.  I"ll take 30 frames and smooth performance,  that;s what I get at KLAX, and KDTW both from inibuilds, the same developer and most of my settings are on ULTRA and High.

I was checkin You Tube no videos out yet of KEWR ?

10700kf, 3080 nividia, 32gbs 3400mhz, 1,000 watts power, M.2 DVMe !tb, boot, 1tb 7200rpm, storage, windows 10 home

bought this through ini , just tested it w system locked @30fps in 4k.  Runs terrible. I also have Kdtw same settings and dont get this massive stutters every 30 seconds. Just watch the frame timer in dev mode and you will see massive purple spike up every 30seconds or so.  DD please fix your product!  The chico landmarks does the same thing and it was never fixed! Kinda disappointed honestly now thats 2 poorly optimized products. 

• Like 1

7900x3d , 64gb 6200mhz 30CL Ram, RTX 3080

Drzweicki need to fix KDCA before even advertising anything else. That one only has a few gates that are even functioning.  The rest don't move.  And posting directly to the forum gets you exactly nowhere.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Silverbird said:

That sucks about stuttering hope you find out what it is most likely traffic do you remember what the fps was ?

I never look at frame rates.  I just look for overall visual smoothness.  

• Like 1

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

7 hours ago, wiler said:

bought this through ini , just tested it w system locked @30fps in 4k.  Runs terrible. I also have Kdtw same settings and dont get this massive stutters every 30 seconds. Just watch the frame timer in dev mode and you will see massive purple spike up every 30seconds or so.  DD please fix your product!  The chico landmarks does the same thing and it was never fixed! Kinda disappointed honestly now thats 2 poorly optimized products. 

I'll never buy another Drzweicki product until their Chicago Landmarks is made useable. It was a total waste of money due to complete lack of optimization -- and no follow-up fixes despite widespread disappointment with the product.

• Like 2

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

I only bought it at this time ‘cause I got it for 15euro as a previous P3D owner at Simmarket. Haven’t tried it yet.

i913900KF (5.8GHz) | Case: Fractal PopAir RGB I MSI Z790-VC | MSI Gaming RTX 4070Ti Super 16GB | Kingston Fury Beast 32GB DDR5 | SOLIDIGM P41 Plus 2TB NVMe M.2 SSD | Samsung SSD 870 EVO 2TB | Thermalright Frozen Notte 240 MM Liquid Cooling | Samsung 41" Monitor 1920 x 1080 60Hz | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Logitech G Pro pedals | Tobii EyeTracker | 850W Thermaltake 80+ GOLD |

13 minutes ago, David Mills said:

I'll never buy another Drzweicki product until their Chicago Landmarks is made useable. It was a total waste of money due to complete lack of optimization -- and no follow-up fixes despite widespread disappointment with the product.

I don't find chicago landmarks to be that bad.  I mean I don't fly helicopters around downtown.  But when I'm doing the rnav over the lake into Midway everything seems smooth on my end when looking at the skyline. 

• Like 2

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

2 hours ago, micstatic said:

I don't find chicago landmarks to be that bad.  I mean I don't fly helicopters around downtown.  But when I'm doing the rnav over the lake into Midway everything seems smooth on my end when looking at the skyline. 

The scenery is absolutely gorgeous. The problem occurs when you fly directly over the city -- at least on my system. Oddly enough, I get outstanding performance from Drzweicki's Washington DC Landmarks.

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

As KEWR is my home airport (and screen name). I'll chime in with a few thoughts.

• Performance: I took the A310 on a taxi tour of EWR. Performance was not good. Maybe I'll try it again with a different plane. Stuttering, less than average FPS. I'll be looking forward to an optimization patch. (For reference I have a 9900K and a 2080TI)
  • Landmarks: Everything in the immediate area looks to be in place. The Budweiser brewery isa where it should be. The cranes by Port Newark are there. Didn't check to see IKEA but that's my own fault. The roads have pretty accurate signage.
  • Airport layout: Thankfully terminal 1 is in the scenery. UPS is where it should be. FedEx has a gate or two it should not. (Specifically gate 6 and 2.) I kept the static aircraft on, and I think it helped my experience. Yes, it does take some parking spots from you (especially at Terminal A) but, the immersion of seeing all the parked UAL aircraft in the northern part of the airport as well as the parking area north of Terminal C was worth it for me

I'll be able to update with more details after I use it more.

• Like 1

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

I flew out of EWR today and removed Feelthere LGA.  With the Fenix, performance was a lot better taxiing, but still got some stuttering on my takeoff roll.  But, it performed much better without LGA

• Like 1

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

6 hours ago, Zimmerbz said:

I never look at frame rates.  I just look for overall visual smoothness.  

Yeah totally understand just asking cause you have the same cpu as i do and was wondering if it was about the same.

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

2 hours ago, David Mills said:

The scenery is absolutely gorgeous. The problem occurs when you fly directly over the city -- at least on my system. Oddly enough, I get outstanding performance from Drzweicki's Washington DC Landmarks.

Bert

2 hours ago, SKEWR said:

As KEWR is my home airport (and screen name). I'll chime in with a few thoughts.

• Performance: I took the A310 on a taxi tour of EWR. Performance was not good. Maybe I'll try it again with a different plane. Stuttering, less than average FPS. I'll be looking forward to an optimization patch. (For reference I have a 9900K and a 2080TI)
  • Landmarks: Everything in the immediate area looks to be in place. The Budweiser brewery isa where it should be. The cranes by Port Newark are there. Didn't check to see IKEA but that's my own fault. The roads have pretty accurate signage.
  • Airport layout: Thankfully terminal 1 is in the scenery. UPS is where it should be. FedEx has a gate or two it should not. (Specifically gate 6 and 2.) I kept the static aircraft on, and I think it helped my experience. Yes, it does take some parking spots from you (especially at Terminal A) but, the immersion of seeing all the parked UAL aircraft in the northern part of the airport as well as the parking area north of Terminal C was worth it for me

I'll be able to update with more details after I use it more.

We should meet up one day for some coffee lol I don't live far from ewr around the jersey city area.. and my friend works for united.

About performance this area in flight simulator has always been bad since the old fs9 days.... I'm surprised it was ok with this much detail and ai traffic Im not saying DD can maybe optimise a bit more is anyone using dlss? im using dlss on balance 30-40 fps with some ai traffic fenix or pmdg wonder how people with better video cards do or maybe a better cpu like the 13700k or the 13900k ?? 

Edited by Silverbird

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

1 hour ago, Silverbird said:

Yeah totally understand just asking cause you have the same cpu as i do and was wondering if it was about the same.

I can try to look next time I fly out of there and can report back

@Silverbird Works for me. UAL was my dream job when I was flight training. It didn't work out for me as a pilot, but I still fly UAL in all the sims! I used to live in Newark itself now I'm south of it but still close.

I'm using DLSS on quality, Maybe I'll try it in performance. I'm thinking of getting a new PC this summer so hopefully I can enjoy the EWR/NYC area even more. 

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma