Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

SU 10 is out!

HDR still needs the workaround, lol 🙂

Oh, which reminds me. A Windows HDR Calibration app was just released. 

https://www.microsoft.com/store/productId/9N7F2SM5D1LR

Edited by Cpt_Piett
  • Like 2

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

36 minutes ago, MattNischan said:

The memory management driver feature is automatically enabled by the sim if you are in the new driver, in SU10. There is no additional action or patch required by the sim team.

Again, just to be 100% clear on this:

- If you are not on the new driver, the sim will not attempt to engage the DX12 driver memory management feature

- If you _are_ on the new driver, DX12 driver memory management will be enabled by the sim

With the studio driver or only the game ready driver? 

Trying the DLSS thing with DX12 and the last Nvidia studio driver, it's a screens blurriness with the FBW A320.

Missing the PMDG DC6 in MSFS 2020 (she's here, but...).

4 minutes ago, Claudius_ said:

Trying the DLSS thing with DX12 and the last Nvidia studio driver, it's a screens blurriness with the FBW A320.

Yeah, I didn't use it in the beta because small text was blurry and the transitions where blurred as well. For example, when spooling up the engines the N1 would rapidly increase and the numbers were basically just blurs until stable. I had zero performance gains with DLSS vs TAA and TAA was a much better image quality. 

• Like 2

13600K @ 5.6 | Gigabyte Windforce 4090 | LG C2 42"

24 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

DL

Looks like a huge update to me, considering is not a "content-related" update. Anyway ...

Thanks!

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Any thoughts on performance?  I Loaded up my usual test flight with settings unchanged from before the update and I'm seeing a rather dramatic 6 FPS drop. 😬

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

After SU10 I get no flight deck sharp textures. For example, with the latest version of WT CJ4 I hardly can see FMA indications. Everything is blurry under DLSS. (I have a RTX 2080).

Edmundo Azevedo

When Vsync is set and 50% setting nothing happens.
In the old version I had vync on  and 30  which gave me 30 fps.
How do I have to  this now ?

MSI Tomahawk Z790, I7-13700K, DDR5 6000mhz, MSI 4090, 3x SSD 980 PRO, Corsair 360 Liguid CPU cooler, Corsair H1200V2 power.

11 minutes ago, ega said:

After SU10 I get no flight deck sharp textures. For example, with the latest version of WT CJ4 I hardly can see FMA indications. Everything is blurry under DLSS. (I have a RTX 2080).

Try increase fidelity fx sharpening. 

So, installed the new driver (studio one) and now all my cores are spread evenly again in DX12, and I’m  using 15GB VRAM, and it’s smooth! So all in all, result! 

Edited by Ianrivaldosmith
  • Like 10

4 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

So, installed the new driver (studio one) and now all my cores are spread evenly again in DX12, and I’m  using 15GB VRAM, and it’s smooth! So all in all, result! 

I got only one thread in use, reported by HWiNFO. Will try again to double-check.

• Like 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

1 hour ago, Alvega said:

The method provided there is cumbersome.  Found out it just requires a simple registry edit: 
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\NGXCore,
just simply change the value of ShowDlssIndicator from 1024 to 0000.

I am guessing it started displaying on my system as I updated to the new nVidia Studio driver. (I am also a Photoshop and Lightroom user)

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

1 minute ago, Pathfinder633 said:

Just updated and probably the only thing I was looking forward to I cant find, anyone know where the toggle nameplates binding is?, youd think it would be next to the nameplates on off bindings but it isnt😖

As it's a toggle - It would be in the controls settings you need to set it up with whatever you want to use to turn this on/off:

mpEVBD8.png

• Like 1

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29