Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

SU 10 is out!

1 minute ago, MattNischan said:

The memory management driver feature is enabled by the sim if you are in the new driver, in SU10.

Again, just to be 100% clear on this:

- If you are not on the new driver, the sim will not attempt to engage the driver memory management feature

- If you _are_ on the new driver, memory management will be enabled by the sim

That should be crystal clear. 

There's also the question of using the studio driver released yesterday. I've just tested it with SU10 and there's no performance improvement in DX12 vs DX11. 

• Like 3

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

3 minutes ago, MattNischan said:

The memory management driver feature is enabled by the sim if you are in the new driver, in SU10.

Again, just to be 100% clear on this:

- If you are not on the new driver, the sim will not attempt to engage the DX12 driver memory management feature

- If you _are_ on the new driver, DX12 driver memory management will be enabled by the sim

Oh nice.  So MSFS will automatically enable the DX 12 memory management feature.

For a moment, I thought Asobo needed to manually enable it, and they were going to enable it when NVidia released the Game Ready driver.  But based on what you are saying, Asobo won't do anything as MSFS will automatically detect if you have the new NVidia Game Ready driver (which hasn't been released by NVidia yet, just the Studio driver has been released).

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

1 minute ago, thomasl123 said:

can’t switch to window view after update

Works for me.  I just hit Alt-Enter and I can enter the Window view for MSFS.

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

It's almost a bit funny now to think about the numerous threads and the hundreds of "when will it be released" posts in the official forums. And all this time we were all on the final build, lol. I guess expectations were just ridiculously high... So even though it was a bit of an anticlimax that "nothing happened", the feature list of SU10 is extensive, and (hopefully) the new nVidia game ready driver will arrive shortly. 

I guess MS/Asobo just ditched their previous plans of launching SU10 in conjunction with the latest driver.  

• Like 5

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

1 hour ago, Nyxx said:

1.15 GB in store 12.6 GB in MSFS

Are these the sizes of the downloads or the disk spaces required?.

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

13 minutes ago, edpatino said:

Are these the sizes of the downloads or the disk spaces required?.

DL

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

46 minutes ago, steve310002 said:

Can someone please advice what we need to do if we were in the Beta?

I see some people say we don't need to do anything and already have the latest version. If this is true, do we still need to leave the beta via the insiders hub or does that mess things up? If we don't leave the beta via the insiders hub will it not mess things up later? I vaguely remember Asobo gave a deadline to remove yourself from one of the previous beta's or else your install would become messed up. I checked the official forums and it is really not clear to me. 

You do have to leave the Beta via the XBox Insider App first. Once you’ve done that just start MSFS nothing else to do. Your version number will not change. I just did it and it was seamless.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, steve310002 said:

Can someone please advice what we need to do if we were in the Beta?

I see some people say we don't need to do anything and already have the latest version. If this is true, do we still need to leave the beta via the insiders hub or does that mess things up? If we don't leave the beta via the insiders hub will it not mess things up later? I vaguely remember Asobo gave a deadline to remove yourself from one of the previous beta's or else your install would become messed up. I checked the official forums and it is really not clear to me. 

You (or anyone else) does not need to leave the SU10 beta if you want to be included in the upcoming SU11 beta. If you don't want to automatically get the SU11 beta updates then follow these instructions:

Windows PC/Xbox

1. On your Windows PC/Xbox, launch the Xbox Insider Hub app.
  2. Navigate to Previews > Microsoft Flight Simulator Beta.
  3. Select Manage > Leave preview, and select Continue when prompted.
  4. Wait for the unenrollment to complete, then restart your Xbox/PC.
  5. Launch Microsoft Flight Simulator and you’ll be prompted to update (if an update is available).

NOTE: The Xbox Insider beta groups on Windows PC/Xbox have already received the version of Sim Update 10 that will be released to the public (1.27.21.0). Opting out will only prevent you from automatically receiving future beta updates.

There is always a risk that you may have to re-install the sim when joining/leaving a flight, so please keep this in mind before participating. If you have MSFS content installed completely on a custom path, you will have a much lower chance that a full re-install will be necessary when the update is officially released. However, if your sim content is installed in the default path selected by the in-game content manager, you may have to reinstall the whole sim when moving from the test build to the public build. We recommend that those who wish to test with us ensure your sim content is located in a custom path before joining the flight to avoid full reinstallations in the future (Details on how to do this can be found here 8). The best set up would be for your store app to live on the default 😄 drive and sim content on a custom drive.

Please remember if you decide to join the Beta and install the build, you will likely have to re-install your sim if you wish to leave the Beta before it ends.

Steam

You can leave the Steam beta branch at any time by following the instructions below:

1. Launch the Steam app.
  2. Go to your Library and navigate to Microsoft Flight Simulator.
  3. Right click on Microsoft Flight Simulator in the Library and select Properties.
  4. In the Properties UI select BETAS, and in the “Select the beta” dropdown, select “None”.
  5. Close the properties UI to return to the Microsoft Flight Simulator page in the Library and you’ll be prompted to update (if an update is available).

NOTE: The Steam beta branch has already received the version of Sim Update 10 that will be released to the public (1.27.21.0). Opting out will only prevent you from automatically receiving future beta updates.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

When adjusting settings in flight I cannot get back to the aircraft, there seems to be no resume button? (Sorted I was in window mode!) also vfr map is blank!

Edited by Scimiter

Asus Maximus Hero X11, Intel i9 10850k, 32gb Corsair Dominator ram, 2tb Corsair mp510 ssd  m2, Gigybyte turbo RTX 3090

13 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

It's almost a bit funny now to think about the numerous threads and the hundreds of "when will it be released" posts in the official forums. And all this time we were all on the final build, lol. I guess expectations were just ridiculously high... So even though it was a bit of an anticlimax that "nothing happened", the feature list of SU10 is extensive, and (hopefully) the new nVidia game ready driver will arrive shortly. 

I guess MS/Asobo just ditched their previous plans of launching SU10 in conjunction with the latest driver.  

IMHO - This is the correct way to do a beta - the last version of the beta is the release version, with absolutely no changes. I was actually worried they'd toss "one more thing" (e.g. a last minute DX12 tweak) in the release version - thereby defeating the whole purpose of the beta. Even a minor tweak can wreak unforeseen havoc - like the minor update that had to be rolled back a few weeks ago. 

• Like 4