Sign in to follow this  
John Fields

World Update 11 Canada?

41 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

I wonder what the Local Legend will be. It was originally going to be the DHC-2 Beaver before they decided to put that in the Anniversary Update.

These dates are pretty close together.. The Beaver is "the Canadian bush plane", so it would certainly qualify..

Bert

3 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

These dates are pretty close together.. The Beaver is "the Canadian bush plane", so it would certainly qualify..

There is a Local Legend set to release Thursday with the World Update according to the roadmap. It can't be the Beaver, that's coming in November.

Edited by Tuskin38

Just now, Tuskin38 said:

There is a Local Legend set to release Thursday according to the roadmap, so it's not the Beaver, that's coming in November.

Lets see if the Roadmap is accurate..  "Things change.."

Bert

Just now, Bert Pieke said:

Lets see if the Roadmap is accurate..  "Things change.."

It's been there since it was announced. *shrug* Even after Jorg said the Beaver was not the Local Legend.

4 hours ago, Malaromane said:

I'll go ahead and complain that the Maritimes don't seem to be getting much love based on the previews shared so far

Appreciate the support 🙂

Based on the Windows Maps app it looks like we might get photogrammetry for Halifax...fingers crossed.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

I guess with photogrametry we will see more curling sheets down below.

spacer.png

Edited by Fielder
  • Like 3

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

1 hour ago, Tuskin38 said:

It's been there since it was announced. *shrug* Even after Jorg said the Beaver was not the Local Legend.

The Avro Arrow??? Probably not.....

ROG MAXIMUS X HERO, Intel Core i7 8700K, 32 GB's 3200 RAM, Gigabyte RTX3080,

Dan Akroyd starred in a movie about the Avro  Arrow. Canadians still get hot about the issue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJwBHtYHIaw

The real Arrow:

spacer.png

• Like 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

I used to live in Canada! Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! But I live in Victoria, British Columbia now and its nice and warm here.

• Like 4

I live in Eastern Canada

We had a hurricane that hurried its way though

The leaves on my trees moved a bit.

Scary, the lights blinked.

I went to bed

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, FBW737 said:

I used to live in Canada! Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! But I live in Victoria, British Columbia now and its nice and warm here.

So... not used to, you still do live in Canada... 🙄

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Sky_Pilot071 said:

Canada will be awesome!

sp

How do you know, maybe we get a total mess, who knows..

Better to speak sutch things after an update !

cheers 😉

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

8 hours ago, Mgard78 said:

So... not used to, you still do live in Canada... 🙄

Not the part with winter 😀

• Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

11 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

There is a Local Legend set to release Thursday with the World Update according to the roadmap. It can't be the Beaver, that's coming in November.

Screenshot-2022-09-28-140734.png

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

I recently saw a commercial for a tour across Canada by train, so I went to LittleNavMaps and started at Vancouver and followed the railroad all the way, using waypoints for every turn in the tracks.  Broke it up into several small legs. Set it on AP and watched the scenery.

Now, after the Canada release, I want to try it again.  Great way to see Canada. A suggestion for you to try.

Roy

• Like 1