Sign in to follow this  
TuFun

140 FPS in Microsoft Flight Simulator

4 hours ago, turbomax said:

no, only the other way round.

thanks but a bit confused as i have a 4 K 60 HZ monitor and I see over 60 FPS in flight sim and way over 60 in other games so by that login i should not be able to display FPS over 60, so does that mean I would not see the 120 plus frames if i replaced my 3080 TI with a 4090

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

6 minutes ago, level7 said:

perhaps a mix of initial release speculation and the tanking of EUR:USD in the past 2 years would account for the higher prices you are seeing?

Cough* Bitcoin.. Cough* Cough*

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

7 hours ago, HiFlyer said:

I want, but do I really need? Am I just bored? 🤔

And that is just the point, for me you not realy need...

But go had and order, NVIDIA is loving you and the money you spend  😂

And just to say, no hate, just sober reflection..

cheers 😉

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

4 hours ago, Cpt_Piett said:

How real is a non-AI-generated frame? 🤔

4 hours ago, Av8ing1 said:

I'm not sure the "fake" moniker is fair. Its all..not real. If it makes things smoother and looks good then, its good. 

Fair enough... let's call them AI-generated frames.  The bottom line is there are now two types of frames, game engine generated frames, and AI generated frames. 

5 hours ago, OverTheEDJ said:

I have waited for more than a decade....for that feeling....

Interesting... Of course, you could have doubled your frame rate any time by lowering LOD, resolution, using scaling, or a variety of other settings.  What is it about DLSS3 that is so magical?  Is it that you don't notice any degradation with DLSS3 but those other methods of trading image quality for FPS are more noticeable? 

Edited by Virtual-Chris
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

30 might seem smooth, but, it’s really not. It’s laggy and awful using TrackIR. 60 fps should be the minimum and 120 is just amazing, matching the refresh rate of a monitor. Zero stutters.

Well if it looks smooth to me, it is smooth ...whatever all kinds of measurements tools say.

And with 120 fps you still can have stutters. Fps and stutters are different things.  

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jetman67 said:

thanks but a bit confused as i have a 4 K 60 HZ monitor and I see over 60 FPS in flight sim and way over 60 in other games so by that login i should not be able to display FPS over 60, so does that mean I would not see the 120 plus frames if i replaced my 3080 TI with a 4090

The GPU or PC can generate X number of frames, but the monitor can only update 60 times per second. There are signal chips in the GPU that synchronizes the output on the video card to the monitor, so even though it is internally rendering over 60, it will only output 60.

So you are limited to 60 frames per second on a 60hz monitor, but that doesn't mean the GPU cannot generate more than that.
However, I believe there is no point generating more than 60 FPS on a 60hz monitor, waste of electricity and unneeded heat.

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

8 minutes ago, Virtual-Chris said:

Interesting... Of course, you could have doubled your frame rate any time by lowering LOD, resolution, using scaling, or a variety of other settings.  What is it about DLSS3 that is so magical?  Is it that you don't notice any degradation with DLSS3 but those other methods of trading image quality for FPS are more noticeable? 

You play your way, I play my way. I like max gfx, max resolution etc. If the 4090 can do that at 120 fps (I really just need 60 fps) with DLSS3, then its a purchase for me. 

7 minutes ago, kiek said:

Well if it looks smooth to me, it is smooth ...whatever all kinds of measurements tools say.

And with 120 fps you still can have stutters. Fps and stutters are different things.  

To each his own, I have considered 30fps locked as smooth for many years with p3d, XP, FSX, & DCS. However 60 fps is a noticeable difference especially when panning with TIR (ghosting etc). I can only imagine that 120 will be even better.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, OverTheEDJ said:

You play your way, I play my way. I like max gfx, max resolution etc. If the 4090 can do that at 120 fps (I really just need 60 fps) with DLSS3, then its a purchase for me. 

So basically you're saying you don't notice any image degradation with DLSS3 (or you can live with it) so it's a win for you.  That's perfectly fine. I'm still undecided. I haven't seen it yet outside of highly compressed YouTube videos.

8 hours ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

30 fps is awful when you’ve used 60. 120 is magnificent. 30 might seem smooth, but, it’s really not. It’s laggy and awful using TrackIR. 60 fps should be the minimum and 120 is just amazing, matching the refresh rate of a monitor. Zero stutters. Truly groundbreaking. Why would anyone want to stay at 30fps when this technology is available if one can afford it, boggles the mind. 

And all this at the cost of image quality in the distance.

Remember with P3D that people wanted sharpness till the end of the horizon and now and all those threads about it. Now that isn’t important anymore … ?

For me I want sharpness icw a smooth sim. For that I do not need 120+ fps as half of it is already good…

And what do you do with 120 fps of the gpu if your monitor cannot deliver more than 60 fps… ?  You are throwing half of the generated fps away.

That means that if you would Vsync the 4090 it leads a boring life . Just like my 3090s do right now as my cpu (12900K @ 5.3 GHz) is the bottleneck.

Edited by GSalden
  • Like 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

9 hours ago, GSalden said:

The 4090 cards start at € 2349 and go up to € € 3000 here.

A bit cheaper here. My ASUS ROG Strix OC was 2530€, the cheapest (an MSI card) is 2050€.

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitor: 32” ASUS PG32UCDM 240hz 4K | Additional Hardware: HP Reverb G2, TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

9 hours ago, Alpine Scenery said:

Even after the losses, there is a still over a trillion dollars in fake money floating around.

That and the ludicrous amount of quantitative easing that has gone on worldwide since the last couple of years. It seems most governments think they can print their way out of economic catastrophy whilst siphoning the excess off to the banks and then to the mega wealthy...for free. Quite amazing. This is why we are where we are now.

There's literally too much money sloshing around in all the wrong places. Now we see it manifest itself in the likes of 4090 pricing and more important things like food. Neo-liberalist policy considers all markets will self regulate themselves through unfettered capitalism. Nvidia's pricing is sadly no different.

Edited by steve310002
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, SierraDelta said:

A bit cheaper here. My ASUS ROG Strix OC was 2530€, the cheapest (an MSI card) is 2050€.

W0w, that’s a bargain then…No that is € 2000+ for a graphics card …. 🥳

Nvidia is laughing their pants of. The 5090 will be € 3000+ …. 

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

36 minutes ago, GSalden said:

W0w, that’s a bargain then…No that is € 2000+ for a graphics card …. 🥳

Nvidia is laughing their pants of. The 5090 will be € 3000+ …. 

Nvidia was already laughing their pants off when you were shopping 3090s. And before that.

Laminar Research customer -- Asobo/MS customer -- not an X-Aviation customer - or am I? 😉

9 minutes ago, rka said:

Nvidia was already laughing their pants off when you were shopping 3090s. And before that.

Until they get some real competition they’ll always be laughing. And I don’t mean a two horse race either. Same applies to CPU’s.