Sign in to follow this  
frankla

FSX Expansion Pack : Acceleration

This caught my eye:"The title will benefit from DirectX 10 and the advantages from Windows Vista for its graphics and dynamic environments. "Bob..

Guest Redvan

whens that commin out anywho?

I thought it was called Adrenaline...

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

The screenshots didn't impress me. Nothing FSX doesn't already have, unless maybe an improved autogen. Water is the same. If that is DX10 guess i'll stick with my 7950GT and Windows XP.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

Guest radivil

>I thought it was called Adrenaline...Probably just a language or national copyright thing. Like there was a strategy game called Star Wars: Rebellion that was called Star Wars: Supremacy because of some sort of copyright issue. So its probably Adrenaline in the US and Acceleration in France, if that's a legit page.

>I thought it was called Adrenaline...>>Sure I read several weeks ago that they had to change the name for some reason.

> unless maybe improved autogenHey, that autogen looks much improved - it gives the right east-mediterranean (looks like Turkey or so) feeling now with small white houses instead of large polygonal blocks or concrete cubes. If these improvements would cover more parts of the world... just fine (hint for ACES: the russion autogen zone needs those typical east-block style concrete-grey multistorey appartment houses, all aligned in rows like you can see on Virtual Earth or so).Anyway there is no third-party addon anounced that will improve autogen so the need for such thing is high, given the great unused possibilities of FSX.Cheers

>Is it true that the FA-18 can control it's elevators>individually? Or is that just an optical illusion?Yes, it uses differential elevator deflection to increase roll rate.Marco

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

Guest heikob

Hi,I've seen the these races are not categorized as missions. This sounds interessting.Does it mean we get a new area where a user can create profiles, store results maybe have a career?I have to admit that the logbook in FS doesn't produce incentives for my flight efforts...Regards,Heiko

Personally, I'm a little upset that MS are releasing an add-on for FSX when the current version of FSX SP1 is still causing people problems for a large number of folks. I would have hoped that they would use their staff resources to fix the outstanding issues rather than produce more content. But I guess that doesn't make them more money does it?I will reserve my judgement on 'Acceleration' until I see it working well on an average system. Potentially it's a smokescreen. The existing Red Bull Air Race mission seems to fly on most people's systems at super-fast framerates. But that's because it's a small area map, not the whole world. If they repeat this way of using FSX in 'Acceleration' people will be getting 60+ fps everywhere and think that FSX has finally been fixed.'Bread and circuses' anyone...?Vox