Sign in to follow this  
mpo910

P3D and Unreal Engine - Article

26 minutes ago, GCBraun said:

What about the A310? It has a yoke and its systems are quite unique and challenging when compared to the A320. Really like those early 80s jetliners like the 767, A300/310 or even the MD-11, which came out a bit later. 

I’m not considering MSFS for anything but low-level sightseeing flights.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

46 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Sure, that has become a personal preference only, not a choice of the platform's depth anymore 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Dirk98 said:

not a choice of the platform's depth anymore

Sure it can be ... If you're willing to look at facts and not dismiss them as "I don't need or use that" then MSFS does NOT have:

Multichannel support:

spacer.png

CIGI:

spacer.png

DIS:

spacer.png

HLA:

spacer.png

PDK:

spacer.png

There is much more "depth" in P3D that I have not list (number of SimVars, direct access to the hardware no WASM barrier, camera implementation, view/multi-monitor implementation, etc.), because I know that anyone who already has their mind made up will unlikely consume facts/accuracy (even when presented directly from the P3D learning center documentation) by the next page in this thread sequence as to ensure the belief of their perception no matter of it's accuracy (it's a strange world we live in).

MSFS has a different focus and this is not a judgement (Pro or Con) only a statement of fact that P3D does indeed have more depth ... just read the LearningCenter.chm sometime and you'll discover that depth.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

But you get the A310 free of charge with MSFS. It is just a matter of testing. Sometimes it is good to challenge our biases. 

I truly don't believe there has ever been a more polished and in-depth airliner offered for free in any simulator until now. 

MSFS has a different focus and this is not a judgement (Pro or Con) only a statement of fact that P3D does indeed have more depth ... just read the LearningCenter.chm sometime and you'll discover that depth.

I don't dispute that. MSFS focuses on home users, while P3D on defense departments. As a civilian focusing on entertainment, MSFS has offered me much more depth than what I have ever achieved in P3D. If the new potential version with UE5 changes that, I happy to add P3D6 to my sim rotation.

Edited by GCBraun
  • Like 1

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

34 minutes ago, GCBraun said:

But you get the A310 free of charge with MSFS. It is just a matter of testing. Sometimes it is good to challenge our biases. 

I truly don't believe there has ever been a more polished and in-depth airliner offered for free in any simulator until now. 

Please desist from trying to persuade me to try something I’m not interested in. I have already said I would only ever use MSFS for sightseeing. This is the P3D forum which is my simulator of choice.

Time to get back on topic I think.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

5 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Please desist from trying to persuade me to try something I’m not interested in. I have already said I would only ever use MSFS for sightseeing. This is the P3D forum which is my simulator of choice.

Time to get back on topic I think.

THIS is exactly my position on the 2 sims.  I agree with Ray.  MSFS is a sim I use only for low level sightseeing - VFR only!  P3d is my sim of choice and I can't wait for its new rendition coming...whatever that may be.

Stan

ps.. I also love the ability to REPLAY my landings and various other parts of my flight.  That seems so basic, but MSFS still does not provide that.

Edited by spilok
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, spilok said:

ps.. I also love the ability to REPLAY my landings and various other parts of my flight.  That seems so basic, but MSFS still does not provide that.

Fully agree that should be built in but it's not like there are aren't both freeware and payware replay plug-ins for MSFS. (with similar limitations to P3D in that complex 3rd party planes don't often work right with them)

This thread made my day!

I have been in the fence towards starting a "WHAT IF" thread about the possible futures of P3D, and the reason is, I still miss it's stability and the best products available such as the FSLabs A319 and 320, and the PMDG 777 which I hope to get it's final update before an MFS version gets released.

I miss ActiveSky.

I do not miss AI or ATC because I never had it oither than default in P3D, and now have it for free in MFS...

But honestly, everyday I think to myself I miss P3D, and that's surely because nor MFS nor XP12 fulifiled my expectations 😕

If the Unreal Engine get's it's way into P3D v6, and if the main developers find some good way to port their poroducts at acceptable upgrade prices to their loyal customers, I will surely jump in!

I miss a good / consistent weather generator too, so, if HiFi Simulations could be there too, that would be the cherry on top of a nice cake.

Hoping for an "Unreally" possible fuiture for P3D 🙂

• Upvote 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

52 minutes ago, jcomm said:

I do not miss AI or ATC because I never had it oither than default in P3D, and now have it for free in MFS...

Does it equal the now free Radar Contact v4? 😉 I already know the answer. 😉

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

The ATC voices sound rather strange to me in the clips that I have seen of MSFS on YouTube. Certainly not as convincingly realistic as those in P3D (apart from the Bomba-deer fiasco) :wink:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

3 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I still use Radar Contact. Still the best IMO!

• Like 2

• Like 3

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I used to use RC4 back in FS9, don't know why I stopped using it but I'll be looking for it when I get home from work.

It works with v5.3?

i9-13900K | 6400MHz DDR5 (32GB) | GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | ViewSonic 27in QHD VA 165Hz Curved | Windows 10 |

MSFS Premium Deluxe | PMDG 737 | PMDG 777 | Horizon 787-9

Marc

I don’t think these changes to P3d are going to be as radical as some think at least in the beginning. I more expect to see some of the features bolted on as we go. I don’t think that LM has the luxury of just dumping it’s simulator and us users like our friends over at MS did a few times in the past. Like all of us I am just guessing of course but when I read the LM part of the statement that was my impression. When I say us above I am including not only us but their large military and commercial customer base.

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/