Sign in to follow this  
DaveS

US Airports in development

1 hour ago, flyhalf said:

Anything by Flightbeam has my attention. It's an Insta-buy for me. I still can't get over how good Wellington is.

I agree and am looking forward to KPHX and KMSP!

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

yes anything by Flightbeam is a first day buy, I saw nothing for Flytampa, inibuilds, Detroit looks really good, check out the video/.  The best developers in my opinion, are Flightbeam, FsDreamteam, flytamppa, and Inibuilds is really coming on..

I wonder which ones will be ready by XMAS? I know flightbeam take thier time, and yes KSFO seems their next airport.  With flytampa i have their KBOS, and Toronto/Parson, definite buys.

• Like 1

10700kf, 3080 nividia, 32gbs 3400mhz, 1,000 watts power, M.2 DVMe !tb, boot, 1tb 7200rpm, storage, windows 10 home

Inibuilds needs to learn how to optimize; this is what sets FlyTampa and Flightbeam very much ahead from my perspective. I have avoided Inibuilds products -- although I would really like a good LAX - because of what appear to be optimization issues, and I have really mixed feelings about them doing KDTW, a close airport I want more than LAX but I fear will just be too performance heavy. I saw this with RegDesigns CYYZ compared to FlyTampa YYZ. RegDesigns did, in my view, a better and more up to date rendition, but it was horribly optimized. FlyTampa's works with virtually no performance hit for me, at least not enough that I notice.

Dan Scott

In terms of the list provided, how about a wishlist of US airports that we would like to see developed?  Here is mine:

KBNA

KCHS

KPHL

KCMH

KTUS

Edited by Zimmerbz

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

I believe FSDreamTeam has stated a remake of PHNL for MSFS is planned and/or in the works, but I got the impression it was a fairly distant future.

Eric Szczesniak

The ones I want that I haven't heard of being done:

KDAB

KATL (An elite top level type rendition)

KMKE

KPBI The silence from orbx is almost confirming it's killed. 

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

1 minute ago, DaveS said:

+1 for KMKE. My home airport has never seen a decent rendition for any version of FS. What's crazy is even less busy airports like KOMA there are two payware versions. Same for KSYR

I'm surprised also for Daytona Beach.  Such an important aviation city since so many aviation workers have started their careers by going to college there.  

• Like 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

3 hours ago, Zimmerbz said:

In terms of the list provided, how about a wishlist of US airports that we would like to see developed?  Here is mine:

[...]

KPHL

Someone correct me if I'm wrong. Isn't KPHL the largest US airport not to have received payware treatment on any sim platform?

It's incredible that nearly every single one of the top 30 have, yet the 16th largest has not.

• Like 3

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

9 minutes ago, F737MAX said:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong. Isn't KPHL the largest US airport not to have received payware treatment on any sim platform?

It's incredible that nearly every single one of the top 30 have, yet the 16th largest has not.

Embedded Dataset in Excel! I already tried to mess with the numbers, but editing is not possible! 😄

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

5 minutes ago, Drumcode said:

Embedded Dataset in Excel! I already tried to mess with the numbers, but editing is not possible! 😄

The Bureau of Transport Statistics has your number...! 😆

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

6 hours ago, F737MAX said:

I always considered the sunskyjet version to be basically payware. Especially at the time it came out. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, micstatic said:

The ones I want that I haven't heard of being done:

KDAB

KATL (An elite top level type rendition)

KMKE

KPBI The silence from orbx is almost confirming it's killed. 

For sure the first 2.

• Like 1

Eric 

10 hours ago, micstatic said:

I'm surprised also for Daytona Beach.  Such an important aviation city since so many aviation workers have started their careers by going to college there.  

Agreed, shame it hasn’t been done to a quality level ever. 

• Like 2

Eric 

I'd like to see a well done KMDW...not the Drzewiecki trainwreck. It's visually outstanding but also a 5-star stutterfest. Surprised there aren't any other payware versions of this heavily travelled airport. There's a decent freeware version on flightsim.to. Also wondering if there's a way to mod the Drzewiecki version to make it less of a gravity sucking monster.

Brian MacMillan

Intel i7-7700@3.6GHz-16GB /GTX 1070-8GB/MSI B250M Bazooka