Sign in to follow this  
David Roch

FS Traffic released!

39 minutes ago, iFlySimX said:

Yes!!

So it seems like you have to disable GSX in order for this to work? Hmmmm.....

There are 3 Ground Services options available. Set No Ground Services, Set For Fast Gate Turnarounds and Set Standard Configuration. Select the first option if using GSX. 

7 hours ago, RobJC said:

Getting 35 to 38 FPS at KATL and KDFW. These are great numbers and the airports are full. 

More helpful for me would be to see what the frame rate is at KATL or KDFW with it on, and at the same spot toggled completely off.   I do this w/ FSLTL and it averages about 3-5 fps, which becomes signfiicant when the frame rate w/o it is already at say 32 or something like that.  This way you're measuring the true impact of it on your sim, in a variety of settings would be useful.

With this frame rate impact for how I'm setup I don't see much use for FS Traffic as I'm able to stay over my minimum and frequently are well above that.  I don't like crowded simports, nor RW airports when they can be avoided.  I love to see maybe 2-6 planes in the air in the area around the airport at any one time that seems very realistic to what I'm used to in the RW, and a few taxiing here and there is so good enough.   I love what FBW did w/ the heinous default nav/beacon lights, they have plenty of models that look way good enough, and control over density is great.  I'm surprised there is so much exuberance and excitement over this release but I guess if it's Best of Class in all aspects that has certain value:  quality, control, performance, lack of bugs/shortcomings.  FSLTL is so good, and now I've jumped into Airbus w/ their A320NX and it's fabulous!!!!!!  And free, like FSLTL, though I had to make a donation those folks are amazing!

• Like 1

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

16 minutes ago, Noel said:

FSLTL is so good, and now I've jumped into Airbus w/ their A320NX and it's fabulous!!!!!!

FSLTL made an A320NX?

i9-13900K | 6400MHz DDR5 (32GB) | GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | ViewSonic 27in QHD VA 165Hz Curved | Windows 10 |

MSFS Premium Deluxe | PMDG 737 | PMDG 777 | Horizon 787-9

Marc

9 hours ago, Fiorentoni said:

You can read the included models, airlines etc. on the product page. It's not even close to AIG, especially outside of the western world. And also there you have some obvious missing airlines, like there's no FedEx.

Based on the features video I watched, you can use AIG/FSLTL models in place of the ones JustFlight are missing ATM.

8 hours ago, iFlySimX said:

Am I the only one that is not seeing ANY aircrafts? I see the jetway move to dock the aircrafts but not seeing any aircrafts. 

If you're using GSX, disable 'extra ground clutter' in the GSX options then hit the update button to apply it.

4 hours ago, Silicus said:

AI flies from A to B in a straight line, no SIDs and STARs.

MSFS traffic uses STARs, that ability was added in SU11 (or 10), it just seems to choose one at random.

Edited by Tuskin38

1 hour ago, pete_auau said:

suppose its like  getting   the  fenix  where  you  could  just  get a free  version of  the  320  🙂

Not even close this comparison, because the freeware option offers actually more than the payware option in regard of AI traffic...

• Upvote 1

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

1 hour ago, the_simpilot said:

Loading back to main menu is a huge issue for me. If I remove the traffic and re-inject traffic I see the gates moving but no aircraft is visible(MS/Asobo KMIA) when I try to go back to main menu sim becomes unresponsive and I had to force close and restart. This is a big no no for me and never had to deal with this when using FSLTL. Disabled FS Traffic for now until it's fixed back to FSLTL. I don't want to spend hours trying to get AI traffic instead of flying

This is 100% the simconnect object limit bug. That explains both the invisible AI aircraft and the unresponsive menu on exit.

This can (and does) happen with AIG and FSLTL as well. GSX massively aggravates it because (especially without extra ground clutter disabled in the GSX setup) it creates so many objects at airports.

1 hour ago, WillyTheGoat said:

There are 3 Ground Services options available. Set No Ground Services, Set For Fast Gate Turnarounds and Set Standard Configuration. Select the first option if using GSX. 

Where are these options? I can't find them.

5 hours ago, Silicus said:

But that's just me

No, you’re not alone - there are many more of us 🙂

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

1 hour ago, jarmstro said:

Where are these options? I can't find them.

Did you RTFM? Those settings are in the standalone app/program which comes with FS Traffic

• Like 1

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

Is there any good way of integrating a bit of GA traffic with this?  Or is that not possible at the moment? 

3 hours ago, the_simpilot said:

Cons

- Included flight plans are from A to B with no SID STAR.
- When FS Traffic Manager crashes you need to restart the sim to get AI traffic back this is my biggest issue. Perhaps a sim limitation I don't know.
- Price is ok though is on the expensive side with what's being offered.
- A lot of white liveries/generic models even for mainstream airlines like LATAM Cargo, AAL B738MAX, B76X etc.
- Sim becomes unresponsive when trying to get back to menu (Fresh install like 2 days ago)
- CTD's experienced couple times makes me question stability
- Potential conflicts with other 3rd party causing crashes that I never experienced with FSLTL
- Slightly longer load times compared to FSLTL
- Need to wait longer for traffic injection

Those would be killers for me: mainly instability and longer loading times of the sim. I'd rather wait a bit

• Upvote 2

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Do we have a choice to install this FSTraffic in a selected folder so one can use Addons Linker?

Edmundo Azevedo

8 minutes ago, ega said:

Do we have a choice to install this FSTraffic in a selected folder so one can use Addons Linker?

I don´t think so. Well, I did not see any option to change the path for installation

One method to compare FS traffic vs FSLTL fps, is using real time online method. And wait 15min in high density airport. You can see injected models with dev mode -) objects -) airplanes. Try to get same amount of models.

But in fs traffic you should make this twice: with LowLOD+LowTextures and with HighLOD+HighTextures. And offcourse with all the ground handling enabled.

I would do this comparison but i dont want to make purchase, because i am satisfied with FSLTL + AIG combo.

I assume, that FS traffic’s solution to disable ground handling is the case in airports. However, this is doable with FSLTL also with mass editing aircraft.cfg files with notepad++ with single clicks. And there is great software where you can mass downscale FSLTL textures from 4K to 1/2K.