Sign in to follow this  
David Roch

FS Traffic released!

1 minute ago, DAD said:

no misinformation but possibly misinterpretation of the OPs question. So yes, you can use FS Traffic TOGETHER with MS real time traffic. But, FS Traffic does not offer realtime traffic, only real traffic as of summer 2022.

Fair enough. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Does this program come with a utility to see the status of Ai aircraft? Something like Ai Companion for P3D and now MSFS? That is extremely useful in monitoring aircraft statuses. I suspect they're injected way before their departure time. If you remember MyTraffic that was the same.

AIG traffic get loaded much closer to their departure time.

You can use dev mode for that. SimObjects -) airplanes  -) selection box to "status". This way all the ai aircraft could be found easily from the sky. 

1 minute ago, Corsten said:

You can use dev mode for that. SimObjects -) airplanes  -) selection box to "status". This way all the ai aircraft could be found easily from the sky. 

Is that an overlay on your primary display? I don't have MSFS. Just asking out of curiosity. Ai Companion runs as an executable either on the primary PC or via WideFS on a networked one. Not sure if it can run networked on MSFS.

No interference with your virtual cockpit.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Is that an overlay on your primary display? I don't have MSFS. Just asking out of curiosity. Ai Companion runs as an executable either on the primary PC or via WideFS on a networked one. Not sure if it can run networked on MSFS.

No interference with your virtual cockpit.

Yes it is overlay data. Perfect for testing, not for daily flying.

Just now, Corsten said:

Yes it is overlay data. Perfect for testing, not for daily flying.

Okay, thanks.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I may go back to FSLTL. It really does not like GSX at all. I would go as far as to say that it is incompatible. Even with all FS ground services disabled. With GSX active I get no traffic loading at large airports. It will work with GSX switched off in the Toolbar and then re enabled  but then at the destination the sim freezes when I end a flight. Never had this with FSLTL. I'm also seeing very little traffic in flight. External sounds are dreadful.

Am persevering without GSX and have installed Toolbar Pushback. Seems much better.

Performance is definitely better than FSLTL but that's about the only benefit that I can see?

Edited by jarmstro

Ok, tested it a bit, my opinion;

- models are nice

- models are good for fps, when ground services and default lod is selected ( on my system)

- not enough liveries

- a lot of missing models

- Lack of proper live traffic, and control

- not always starting in the sim. You will then have to restart MSFS.

- Missing paint kits for the community?    correction

Paintkit : The Spirit of Flight Simulation (justflight.com)

I personally prefer AIG which has more liveries and models.

Edited by pilotter
  • Like 2

Rig Specs; CPU AMD Ryzen 7950X3d, GPU AMD Liquid Red Devil 7900XTX 24GB,  Memory 32GB 2x8 3000 CL30, WD-SN850 Black 500 GB, WD-SN850 Black  2TB, Asus MoBo X670E D Hero, Be Quit Straight power 1200 Watt platinum. 18 Noctua fans , Aquacomputer Octo tempsensores, yes I am a PC freak.

watercooled 2 x360 rads noctua's push pull EKWB blocks for GPU and CPU 

Screen LG 34GN850-B  with freesync premium     

33 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

AIG traffic get loaded much closer to their departure time.

actual not true, AIG is injecting ALL traffic that should be at an airport at a given time and not based on time till departure. But with the hugh number of injected AI you will get soon departing traffic 😉

• Like 2

AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png

MSFS Dev Mode has a ton of useful tools such as overlay data tags. You can up the sim rate and turn nametags on to get some quick traffic observations.

I wonder if @Cpt_Piett hopped the fence on this one 🍻

Edited by blueshark747
  • Upvote 1

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

9 hours ago, polosim said:

A complete list of aircraft models included in FS Traffic:

It's ok that there are no A318, A340 or Maddogs there. But no 777-200ER or 767-300ER???

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

5 minutes ago, Kaiii3 said:

actual not true, AIG is injecting ALL traffic that should be at an airport at a given time and not based on time till departure. But with the hugh number of injected AI you will get soon departing traffic 😉

Is that irrespective of the method? Most of mine are BGL sourced. And remember I was comparing to MyTraffic that loaded aircraft many hours before their departure and resulted in no available gates for landing traffic.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Is that irrespective of the method? Most of mine are BGL sourced.

even BGL is injecting everything and not based on departure time - at least for AIG based traffic since we use weekly rotations. If a rotation method other than 1WEEK is used, I am not sure when the Sim will inject the airplanes.....

But based on the Infos I saw so far it seems FS Traffic is using SImConnect as well, so it depends on the data thery have used/compiled. If they have "build" valid roations based flightplans with fully working airframes (registrations) it should be fine. If they only have a "flight-database" it might get tricky.

• Upvote 1

Again I want to point out how a common MSFS trend seems to be release unfinished product and say "we'll add all missing features later". Why not wait until current aircraft like the 767, 757, 777-200ER, 737MAX are modelled before releasing this? This is not a huge task, why not complete this before every second guy here complains about missing models and white liveries and de-rates your product. Really a worrying trend.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

5 hours ago, ega said:

Do we have a choice to install this FSTraffic in a selected folder so one can use Addons Linker?

I have moved the models library to a different drive and used addon linker. It works but I'll do a test tonight by placing it back to community to see if it will make a difference regarding issues with simconnect.

4 minutes ago, the_simpilot said:

I have moved the models library to a different drive and used addon linker. It works but I'll do a test tonight by placing it back to community to see if it will make a difference regarding issues with simconnect.

it should not make any difference as long as the "link" set by addon-linker is working correct.

• Like 1