Sign in to follow this  
David Roch

FS Traffic released!

One thing no one has mentioned yet (I think), does FSTraffic use internal databases like AIG, or does it use real-time flights like FSLTL?   I ask this because I most always fly at different times than real-time and that is one drawback with FSLTL.

ATC reads callsigns out phonetically. So instead of saying SPEEDBIRD or UNITED it says S.P.E.E.D.B.I.R.D and U.N.I.T.E.D (every letter!). This needs to be fixed ASAP! With FSLTL it was fine.

• Like 1

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz  
64.0 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti

1 hour ago, Rockliffe said:

If there are any extra frames to be had, then rather than upping the resolution on AI traffic, I'd prefer for it to be used more resourcefully on higher frames around airports and smoother performance. :wink:

Like I said mate - if you've got the horsepower load the entire sim up at ultra, 4K and 4K AI.  Have the whole thing looking like a million bucks, that's all I'm saying mate.

Jase

• Like 1

Jaseman. Lovin it up here........

Catch us over at MassieSim32 -> https://discord.gg/B4buuHGhcr

38 minutes ago, cappy42 said:

One thing no one has mentioned yet (I think), does FSTraffic use internal databases like AIG, or does it use real-time flights like FSLTL?   I ask this because I most always fly at different times than real-time and that is one drawback with FSLTL.

As far as I know, I think it uses a database so that AIG. It does not use online database for example like flight radar24. I'm on the other end of the spectrum however I do prefer if it did use flightradar24 for live traffic, or maybe have the option to turn live traffic on or off

Edited by Bill A
  • Like 3

Asus Tuf Gaming Plus B550 - Asus Ryzen 9 5800X3D - Asus GeForce 4080 RTX OC Edition - 64GB DDR4 Ram 3600Mhz - EVGA 850W Power Supply - 2X 1 TB NVME PCIE gen 4 - Windows 10

I'm a GA guy but I do like seeing contrails and jets if I fly into larger airports.

I'm currently using FSLTL - what are the benefits of this software over FSLTL?  40 USD is an okay price but fairly on the high end for msfs addons.  It would have to be quite a difference for me to consider it.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

13 minutes ago, Bill A said:

As far as I know, I think it uses a database so that AIG. It does not use online database for example like flight radar24. I'm on the other end of the spectrum however I do prefer if it did use flightradar24 for live traffic, or maybe have the option to turn live traffic on or off

I think it can use live traffic and attempt to model match. 

ASUS Prime Z490-A / i7-10700K / RTX 4080 / G.SKILL Ripjaws 32GB / Lian-Li PC-O11 Dynamic case 

For $53 CAD and not bringing anything to the table that I haven't already had for the past 16+ months with AIG and PSXT, I just can't see why I would endeavor to try it. 

• Like 3

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

yep downloaded , tried to install and keep getting "component transfer error,  access denied " lol,  always found Justflights installers a bit funky, submitted a ticket !

MSI X670E Carbon Wifi, 7800X3D, TUF 4090 , X4 NVME's. OS on a 2TB 980 Pro , MSFS on " 2TB WD Black , G Skill F5 32 GB RAM ( 6000 allegedly) Corsair RM1000 PSU, Artic Freezer 280 AIO Cooler . Phanteks P600s Case ,TCL QM8B 50" 120/144 Hz TV, Warthog Stick and TCA Captains throttle ( full pack) Logitech / Saitek Rudder Pedals , Streamdeck XL / Streamdeck +

5 minutes ago, Dave_YVR said:

For $53 CAD and not bringing anything to the table that I haven't already had for the past 16+ months with AIG and PSXT, I just can't see why I would endeavor to try it. 

I was never a fan of packaged AI. I tried messing around with Ultimate Traffic in the past, but quickly came to my senses. Big fan of AIG and FSLTL, I wish they worked together as a team to deliver a solid freeware package. 

• Like 6

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

I looked at a stream (twotonemurphy), I must say the models look very good and have convincing animation, lights and sounds!

But the package suffers from the same shortcomings that others AI packages do.

AI flies from A to B in a straight line, no SIDs and STARs. Runway selection does not go by real world OPs. So you can be landing somewhere and arriving traffic (AI) comes from the opposite side. So ground behavior great, air behavior meehhh.

For myself I stick with PSXT/RealTraffic and the FSTL models. It is as real as it gets. But that's just me.

• Like 6

Most of what is said on the Internet may be the same thing they shovel on the regular basis at the local barn.

The performance boost was a big plus for me. My fps went from barely holding 30 to 35 at busy airports, with dips into the 20s somewhat frequent on the ground, to 35 to 45 on the ground at the busiest airports, loaded with airplanes. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

21 minutes ago, Silicus said:

I looked at a stream (twotonemurphy), I must say the models look very good and have convincing animation, lights and sounds!

But the package suffers from the same shortcomings that others AI packages do.

AI flies from A to B in a straight line, no SIDs and STARs. Runway selection does not go by real world OPs. So you can be landing somewhere and arriving traffic (AI) comes from the opposite side. So ground behavior great, air behavior meehhh.

For myself I stick with PSXT/RealTraffic and the FSTL models. It is as real as it gets. But that's just me.

This sounds like they might be using real flight plans...

Accurate flight plans in your simulator
FS traffic adds tens of thousands of real-life commercial flight plans from different time periods, giving full worldwide coverage of commercial airline traffic sourced from the same suppliers that power a number of popular flight tracking websites and apps. Flight plan data covers the summer 2022 schedules and the 2021 and 2019 summer schedules will be made available as free updates after release.