Sign in to follow this  
Zangoose

Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024 - Announce Trailer

I don't know who at Microsoft thought it was a good idea to publish the news on a Sunday night.

But that being said, some of our worries are invalidated, others remain.

The good thing is that most of our Marketplace purchases will transfer to 2024. The bad thing is that I've barely bought anything on Marketplace except Carenado planes. 
What worries me the most are the third party purchases. Many of them will probably not transfer over, and many of them will possibly require a new purchase.

I don't mind having to pay for 2024 if there's some real value there. However so far it seems like a bunch of arcade style missions, and I've never tried any of those things in either FSX or MSFS2020. I'm simply not interested in it.
All I care about is no bugs, working weather, working ATC, good third party addons, and any improvements in visual fidelity is a bonus.

Another thing that worries me is that they say they'll support 2020 past 2024. But that could just mean we have about 1 year left of 2020 support. They simply won't fix everything in 2020, it would remove the incentive to upgrade to 2024. 

But I'm guessing this is a chance to do a clean install of Windows 11 and fresh install of everything once MSFS2024 drops. I've been avoiding doing any large software updates or changes to my system in case it messed up MSFS2020. 

Edited by Republic3D

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

The trailer comes off as just a Lifestyles of Rich & Famous/Rescue Rickey/ Redbull Chad/More Top Gun Stuff and just a sprinkle of Twister expansion pack.🤣

I'm sure they'll release more trailers focusing on other things like ummm maybe you know new vanilla planes like A220,Learjet,707, A350 all new improved ATC, Better ground and air AI Traffic etc etc

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

7 minutes ago, blueshark747 said:

The trailer comes off as just a Lifestyles of Rich & Famous/Rescue Rickey/ Redbull Chad/More Top Gun Stuff and just a sprinkle of Twister expansion pack.🤣

I'm sure they'll release more trailers focusing on other things like ummm maybe you know new vanilla planes like A220,Learjet,707, A350 all new improved ATC, Better ground and air AI Traffic etc etc

I have been wondering if there is a Lear to suddenly appear. There is obviously more aircraft in the works that is kept secret. Given the Lear was one of the original Flight Simulator aircraft, it is surprising it has not surfaced for nostalgic times! Flysimware has the 35A in the works at the present time.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Republic3D said:

I don't know who at Microsoft thought it was a good idea to publish the news on a Sunday night.

It was part of the widely anticipated XBox Games Showcase stream event, and was shown there with a number of other XBox and XBox/PC exclusives.

• Like 2

Just got this info via mail from Flightbeam.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

5 minutes ago, pmb said:

Not surprise at all by the wisdom of Flightbeam 😉 Didn't expect much from this reliable 3rd party dev. And I quote them as sharing their concern: 

One particular troublesome issue is once again the notion of MSFS users "freezing" any addon purchases until MSFS 2024. Please support your developers, this is our livelihoods, and the development funding of new products depend on your continued support.

Edited by vbazillio
  • Like 2

Vincent B.

Check my MSFS sceneries : https://flightsim.to/profile/vbazillio

4 minutes ago, The Flight Level said:

I have been wondering if there is a Lear to suddenly appear. There is obviously more aircraft in the works that is kept secret. Given the Lear was one of the original Flight Simulator aircraft, it is surprising it has not surfaced for nostalgic times! Flysimware has the 35A in the works at the present time.

I hoping for one also!🍻

The 35A is one of the only reasons I keep a copy of FSX installed.

Something about that plane gives me the best immersion of power and speed.

Hearing those Garrett TFE731s spooling up and pushing you down the runway full throttle.

• Like 2

32GB DDR4 3000 Ram

8 minutes ago, pmb said:

Kind regards, Michael

I don't quite agree. The new engine works differently with textures. Therefore, developers will have to spend time and adapt the product for 2024. It's great if this time is free for us. And I'm really looking forward to San Francisco!

Seems to me that MSFS 2020 will be reserved for the tuber crowd and MSFS 2024 is for the simmers who want to have fun.

sp

1 minute ago, Flying-Hare said:

I don't quite agree. The new engine works differently with textures. Therefore, developers will have to spend time and adapt the product for 2024. It's great if this time is free for us. And I'm really looking forward to San Francisco!

How can you possibly know that?

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

1 minute ago, Flying-Hare said:

I don't quite agree. The new engine works differently with textures.

I truly am interested in the source of this.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Sky_Pilot071 said:

Seems to me that MSFS 2020 will be reserved for the tuber crowd and MSFS 2024 is for the simmers who want to have fun.

sp

I wouldn't have any problem with that.

This is still the best flight sim ever created as it stands of todays date...

32GB DDR4 3000 Ram

3 minutes ago, Sky_Pilot071 said:

sp

So what's the point of our tuber add-ons being compatible with 2024?

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.