Sign in to follow this  
Zangoose

Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024 - Announce Trailer

1 hour ago, ErichB said:

Is this unique to the flightsim world or does it happen on other prolific super-genre games,  like GTA. (or maybe more appropriately, Elite Dangerous or space type games of a more technical nature)

I have always thought of the flightsim crowd as a bit more OCD because there's more to the experience than shooting things up

I am pretty sure that every other game franchise would have had the fans cheering for a sequel. Only some flight simmers thinks progress is terrible.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

3 minutes ago, espent said:

I am pretty sure that every other game franchise would have had the fans cheering for a sequel

It depends on the game. For example Forza Horizon 4 vs Forza Horizon 5 - not really that much of a difference. FS 2024 seems like a similar case.

Another example: Fallout 3 vs Fallout 4 - lots of changes and graphical improvements. Worthy of being marketed and priced as a new game in my opinion (although some would disagree).

Intel Core i5-12600k, Nvidia RTX 2080 Super, 64 Gigs.

1 hour ago, simbol said:

You know, I have a feeling same trailer and saying next FREE update of Flight Simulator Franchise.. everyone will be cheering up.. but same trailer with the title MS2024 = end of the world.. 

Imagine in few months time Microsoft saying if you own MSFS, 2024 will be a free upgrade.. (totally possible, they did it with Windows 7 to Windows 10.. and now Windows 10 to Windows 11).. it is in MS best interest everyone is on the same platform to keep pushing technology forward.

We need to keep a better open mind positive mind..

R.

Nobody that I read, except the unsupportable worshippers and haters (same particle, opposite charge), has nothing but a positive mind.  

There is no way that the  Windows (awesome) business model can be replicated with the FS franchise. They can't justify the cost of development and servers without selling a new version. If we want this franchise to keep on bringing a little joy in our otherwise wretched life, we have to pay for a new version. I do not want a freebie. I am not a free loader. 

A single sentence would have made a success from what is a wet flop. "We have listened to the community, We are hard working putting in FS24 all the corrections you have been asking for" 

Edited by Dominique_K
  • Like 3

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

You cant keep selling a game that after buying, you have to update with a trillion GB in WU's

Bring on 2024, I'm going to buy it. If some of my stuff in the community folder doesnt work anymore I just pretend I moved to an other country and start having fun from there.

• Like 4

I9-14900K,  Gigabyte B760 Aorus Elite AX, RTX 4080, 32 ram.1 tb nvme  M.2 SSD, MSFS 2020 on 2 tb nvme m.2 SSD

1 minute ago, hansb57 said:

You cant keep selling a game that after buying, you have to update with a trillion GB in WU's

Bring on 2024, I'm going to buy it. If some of my stuff in the community folder doesnt work anymore I just pretend I moved to an other country and start having fun from there.

There you go..

40 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

They already said 2020 will be supported after 2024 is released. This would make no sense if everybody could simply switch over for free to 2024.

Many people did not switch from Windows 7 to Windows 10 (supported until 2025) and then Windows 11... there are still people on old OS despite all updates were free. My license is about 10 years old and connected to the MS account. I upgraded / changed my PC and updated the OS multiple times without a single issue with the license.

There are people who post their home and kids pictures online and then refuse to register a MS account.

Everything is possible 🙂 I agree with Simbol, if they had announced FS2024 as a free sim update, the reaction would have been exactly opposite. Because people are just... made this way.

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

A lot of people are forgetting we were stuck with old school sims for a very long time... MSFS was the biggest leap in the flight sim genre.

Bring on the evolution. Just fix them word not allowed ground handling / transition physics, weather and PLEASE make the night environment a much more realistic one so we can actually enjoy the sim at night... flying at night in the sim looks nothing like rl.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, ErichB said:

the profits of doom.

Subtle comment on modern society or thesaurian error? ("prophets of doom"). Even if a mistake - I like it!

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.

2 minutes ago, andy1252 said:

Subtle comment on modern society or thesaurian error? ("prophets of doom"). Even if a mistake - I like it!

Totally did that without even noticing. 🤣

May be because I was looking at a P&L statement at the time. lol

They should have waited and just surprised us at the VERY last minute. They are going to severely hurt addon and 3PD sales if people are waiting on a new version.

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

2 hours ago, scotchegg said:

......This was a reveal at an Xbox showcase, for an Xbox audience, with ‘buzz’ as its main theme. It’s entirely appropriate for them to focus on new, shiny structured activities like careers and not ‘improvements to ground handling over 2020’ and such like......

This is an important point. The missions that are shown in the trailer could well be just the tip of the iceberg as far as updates and improvements over FS2020 are concerned.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

42 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

This is an important point. The missions that are shown in the trailer could well be just the tip of the iceberg as far as updates and improvements over FS2020 are concerned.

This is precisely right.  It is likely that many of the requested features appearing on the wishlist for years now (untouched) will be introduced in the new sim.  Seasons, we have already seen, being one.

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, ErichB said:

This is precisely right.  It is likely that many of the requested features appearing on the wishlist for years now (untouched) will be introduced in the new sim.  Seasons, we have already seen, being one.

Struck me kinda funny
Seemed kinda funny, sir, to me
Still, at the end of every hard day
People find some reason to believe

😉

Edited by Dominique_K

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Deleted

Edited by lwt1971

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

still no (convincing) cirrus clouds ....

• Upvote 1

Antoine v Heck
---
Ryzen 5800X3D, 32Gb DDR4 RAM@1600 Mhz, RTX3090 (24GB VRAM). 2TB SSD - VR with Quest 2 via link cable