Sign in to follow this  
Zangoose

Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024 - Announce Trailer

6 hours ago, Noel said:

My guess is they've taken some care to insure what they have done already does not need completely redone.  And I think they said ATC was going to be a focus for 2024, no?

I would like to see the list the basic defects in MSFS ATC as it is seen by users here it would be interesting to see how many issues there really, how deep and difficult they might be to tackle etc as a basis for what it will take to resolve them.  

It seems like the ATC in MSFS is a bugged version of the original FSX one to me, yes with a few different features or changes. Not saying there were no changes at all, but seems like the changes were things not connected back properly causing more issues than solving. FSX ATC wasn't perfect, but I don't recall it vectoring me into the mountains very often or changing elevations like crazy.

Edited by Alpine Scenery

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

I was thinking about the mod compatibility and how important that is for MS2024 and whether it'll be as simple as pointing to the current "Community Folder" and everything will work, but then it dawned on me that the most important things to work in the new Sim will be all the Apps & Tools I use. Things like Volanta, Sky4Sim, NeoFly, LNM etc, it may well be an easy change over for them, but they would require updating by their devs to differentiate between the two sims and read potentially new information. The quickness of that turnaround will determine how much I use the new Sim on/past release day, as those tools I cannot fly without these days!

• Like 1

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

A bit late to this party.  Still slightly irritated that AI traffic hasn't been fixed so many years into this MSFS 2020 or whatever we call it now. I guess 10 years of support for MSFS 2020 just means they will leave the servers running while focusing on 2024.  

I remember being at a Cosford in 2019 or so where there was very little interesting going on.  We were still getting OOMs on a terrible looking platform that was 10 years old. I think the most exciting announcement would have been a teaser for a new aircraft.  If you offered us this Flight Sim landscape in 2019, we'd have all gone in 100%, and anyone who says otherwise is high in a major way.  

I feel for the guys at Air Hauler and NeoFly a little.  If this new sim is a hit, it essentially negates the need for their software.  

Edited by Langeveldt
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Langeveldt said:

I feel for the guys at Air Hauler and NeoFly a little.  If this new sim is a hit, it essentially negates the need for their software.  

On the contrary I don't see what they can't work alongside whatever Asobo have for us, what they deliver may well be subpar compared to what the mod teams could do. 

• Like 1

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

43 minutes ago, Langeveldt said:

We don't know nothing yet about the career mode in MSFS 2024. Could be a couple of scripted missions and gaining scores and that's it, like a "campaign".

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Alpine Scenery said:

FSX ATC wasn't perfect, but I don't recall it vectoring me into the mountains very often or changing elevations like crazy.

You must not have been using ATC for a very long time.  I fly thru all sorts of mountainous routes and while that happened regularly much earlier on it's been forever since I've been vectored into a mountain.  This route I did well over a year ago, the treacherous approach into Cuzco PE, and default ATC called every step remarkably well: spacer.png

Don't get me wrong it still has substantial problems but when I look at them they do not seem particularly challenging to resolve.   And the changing elevations like crazy:  that too was ridiculous but also that too has been largely resolved compared to a while ago.

Edited by Noel
  • Like 1

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Well one core element I would like to see improve is a more reliable save game. i.e. One that doesn't dump your flight plan and FMC data when you reload.

As for the rest, well I've already removed MSFS2020, even if '24 is a few months away I can get my fix in FSX.

Someone mentioned tubeliners quite a few pages back (tl:dr all of the subsequent posts) and IMHO FSX still takes some beating. My Level D 767 still works very nicely and I can fly DC10's, MD11's, L1011's, 727's etc. etc, none of which are available to me in MSFS20. At 35,000 feet unless you're crossing the Himalayas the ground detail is fairly irrelevant.

The only other elephant in the room is whether my potato PC with its GTX 1650 can cope, though it did alright with '20.

Will Win 10 be supported as when I ran the Win 11 compatibility check on my PC, most of Redmond was splitting their sides laughing.

Needs to be available as a one off purchase, no N3V style Gold/Platinum or Netflix style subscription

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, AllRed said:

Bar some nice looking missions which I think will add to the sim I'm not really sure the point of a brand new 2024. Unless we're talking vast steps forward with AI and much improved  engine then I'm sceptical it'll be much different from the current version of 2020. 

The trailer was just showing one aspect of 2024, not everything that's coming to 2024.

We have anywhere from 7 to 18 months until it releases. Lots of time for more information to come out.

I wouldn't be surprised if they released information the same way as MSFS. a series of dev blogs and videos.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Noel said:

You must not have been using ATC for a very long time.  I fly thru all sorts of mountainous routes and while that happened regularly much earlier on it's been forever since I've been vectored into a mountain.  This route I did well over a year ago, the treacherous approach into Cuzco PE, and default ATC called every step remarkably well: 

I used it for years training on IFR to vector me in, but I guess I didn't fly around mountains that much when I was using it.

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

20 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

The trailer was just showing one aspect of 2024, not everything that's coming to 2024.

That's completely lost on most people for some reason. In fact, MS have already announced that weather and flight dynamics are among the things getting a significant overhaul to the point a new standalone version makes sense, but all people see is a heli in the trailer and the word 'career'.

• Like 3

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

I do think that existing bugs (like the visible horizon line; noted as still there in the MSFS 2024 trailer) should be corrected.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

An observation, I know it doesn't tell the whole truth,

But it's obvious MSFS draws attention. The release trailer has almost as many views/comments on the official XBOX channel on Youtube, as the trailer for Halo Infinite (first new Halo game in years). Both with 1 million+ views.

Difference here is that trailer for MSFS24 was released 7 days ago, while Halo Infinite trailer debuted in late 2021.

Only title that surpasses the interest garnered by the MSFS24 clip is the trailer for Starfield (not a surprise though).

Edited by SAS443
  • Like 7

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40NG+tdi / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

8 minutes ago, SAS443 said:

An observation, I know it doesn't tell the whole truth,

But it says a lot for the continuing popularity of Flight Simulator! The 2024 concept is going to bring in a whole new genre of users to the constantly expanding success! As others have mentioned, we’ve only just started to see what is in store for 2024!

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

Lawrence “Laurie” Doering

Latest video at The Flight Level Beautiful Sunset Flight Over Burlington, Ontario + Cool Instrumental + GoPro Aerial Cameras | 4K

On 6/11/2023 at 8:41 PM, lwt1971 said:

So the default birds like the Citation Longitude, iniBuilds a310, upcoming 787, etc, and the various 3rd party birds with great flight models like the Fenix A320, PMDG 737, Milviz C310, and so much more... are all built on "hacks"?, Ok sure lol

Yes indeed. As far as i understood Cpt Blackbox 711, who seems to have been in touch with developpers, at least some of them are. He was worried about exactly that, because the devs struggle to get their addons working as they should, since they have to override the base-model. Just look at the difficulties Fenix had with their engine-modelling and that is still not fixed yet. I don't know about the iniBuils A310 but if it uses the base-mndel, no wonder it is totally lacking any inertia-simulation.

i912900k, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM

22 minutes ago, Franz007 said:

Yes indeed. As far as i understood Cpt Blackbox 711, who seems to have been in touch with developpers, at least some of them are. He was worried about exactly that, because the devs struggle to get their addons working as they should, since they have to override the base-model. Just look at the difficulties Fenix had with their engine-modelling and that is still not fixed yet. I don't know about the iniBuils A310 but if it uses the base-mndel, no wonder it is totally lacking any inertia-simulation.

You're talking a heap of nonsense. Spend more time simming and less time displaying your ignorance. None of those listed planes use external inputs for flight performance. The Fenix engine is not about the FM and their big rework is using the MSFS sdk. Insecure folks who enjoy a certain sim always like to accuse the A310 of lacking inertia because they know it flies really well in MSFS and oh boy they just CAN'T have that now, can they? Lol

• Like 3

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.