Zangoose

Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024 - Announce Trailer

And here I am just hoping we have working windshield wipers in this new sim 🤣

• Like 2

Gaming rig
Intel i9 13900k - NZXT Kraken Z73 cooler - ASUS Maximus Hero Z790 
32GB Trident Z 6000MHz DDR5 - Gigabyte 4090 GAMING OC 24G
10 x 120mm Lian Li UNI fans - Lian Li OD11XL Case - Corsair HX1500i PSU

There's another aspect on addons. According to the official forum, several developers (e.g. Hype) detected parallel/similar work to theirs already published. This isn't stolen for sure but newly developed, but such behavior certainly will not build trust with developers.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

I think HPG with the missions and the H125, and the firefighters, balloons etc., has been working with them.

5 minutes ago, tonywob said:

I'd be amazed if there is no backwards compatibility with at least scenery/airport addons. If this wasn't the case, this news would greatly reduce sales of new scenery almost immediately. Plus, what about all their own work on the World Updates, unlikely they'd throw all that away.

Although hard to really tell from the trailer, it seems more geared to giving the sim a purpose/missions aka. career mode. So I'm hopeful that 3rd party addons will continue to work since the changes are more geared towards gameplay

I agree with you. I find it crazy to think that Asobo doesn't offer backwards compatibility in MSFS2024 and just now that the good addons are starting to flow in MSFS after being developed from scratch, some since 2020. 

As I said elsewhere, I think third party developers must be 100 times more frustrated or angry than any user. With this announcement, I anticipate that developers who are currently working on addons will pause their development and wait for more information. Also, addons sales are expected to drop dramatically with people holding off on buying until new information is known about them, whether they will be compatible and whether Marketplace sales will be transferable.

This delay by Asobo in providing more information will hurt 3rd party developers a lot.

Horizon Line bug spotted in the trailer #RollEyes

• Like 2

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

16 minutes ago, peloto said:

I think HPG with the missions and the H125, and the firefighters, balloons etc., has been working with them.

The H125 is Cowansim.  (not the one in the trailer, the one we have in the sim.)

According to a post in the main forum listing a lot of 3rd party devs,  all the stuff in the trailer that looks like current third party addons has absolutely nothing to do with them, the TPD's weren't even aware of the 2024 version coming. (that list includes HPG)   They appear to be as confused as the customers.  It appears that Asobo have taken a lot of the popular third party ideas and aircraft and made their own versions.

Edited by The Moose
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, edu2703 said:

As I said elsewhere, I think third party developers must be 100 times more frustrated or angry than any user. With this announcement, I anticipate that developers who are currently working on addons will pause their development and wait for more information.

Some of the larger developers will likely already have known about this new version for some time and are probably involved in some way getting their products ready. But for those in the dark, this will be frustrating news for those relying on the sim to make a living.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

People who simulate modern airliner flight are the only real simmers.  people who want to simulate crop dusting and search and rescue are just Gamer Kidz

/s

• Like 6
  • Upvote 3

Just now, tonywob said:

Some of the larger developers will likely already have known about this new version for some time and are probably involved in some way getting their products ready. But for those in the dark, this will be frustrating news for those relying on the sim to make a living.

Inibuilds already made a statement saying they knew nothing. Scenery developers have said they same....

1 minute ago, ShawnG said:

People who simulate modern airliner flight are the only real simmers.  people who want to simulate crop dusting and search and rescue are just Gamer Kidz

/s

It's not popular opinion, but I mostly agree.

Gaming rig
Intel i9 13900k - NZXT Kraken Z73 cooler - ASUS Maximus Hero Z790 
32GB Trident Z 6000MHz DDR5 - Gigabyte 4090 GAMING OC 24G
10 x 120mm Lian Li UNI fans - Lian Li OD11XL Case - Corsair HX1500i PSU

2 minutes ago, The Moose said:

The H125 is Cowansim. 

According to a post in the main forum listing a lot of 3rd party devs,  all the stuff in the trailer that looks like current third party addons has absolutely nothing to do with them, the TPD's weren't even aware of the 2024 version coming.   They appear to be as confused as the customers.  It appears that Asobo have taken all the popular third party ideas and aircraft and made their own versions.

Is it? The avionics don't seem to match up. 

• Upvote 1

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

Just now, Keirtt said:

It's not popular opinion, but I mostly agree.

with the opinion or the sarcasm?

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Zangoose said:

Is it? The avionics don't seem to match up. 

The one in the trailer isn't Cowansim.  My bad, I worded that poorly.  I just meant the H125 we have in the sim currently isn't HPG its Cowansim.  I've edited the original post to clarify.

Edited by The Moose
  • Like 1