Sign in to follow this  
Zangoose

Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024 - Announce Trailer

4 minutes ago, FormulaJet said:

Looks very arcadish, and probably very easy to play with an Xbox controller, not good for me.

Yes, that's the idea. Arcade game. Now players will be able to start from the outside,maybe open a door or close a baggage compartment and then "enter" the airplane. Career mode maybe scripted. Missions for sure very scripted, like in the old FSX. XBox centric game. Not for the study level crowd. 

• Like 2

Im only guessing this development does not affect core issues, such as ai or atc for example, in any way. Might be wrong tho.

Watched the trailer and guess it will draw in different kinds of flight sim enthusiasts, after one viewing.

1 minute ago, RodBorza said:

Yes, that's the idea. Arcade game. Now players will be able to start from the outside,maybe open a door or close a baggage compartment and then "enter" the airplane. 

In case you don't know! That what we do in real life LOL

• Like 8
  • Upvote 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

Yes, that's the idea. Arcade game. Now players will be able to start from the outside,maybe open a door or close a baggage compartment and then "enter" the airplane. Career mode maybe scripted. Missions for sure very scripted, like in the old FSX. XBox centric game. Not for the study level crowd. 

certainly wouldn't be.  The "study level crowd" in my experience wouldn't have any sort of manual flying skills to do any of these things competently.  😄

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

So, if one doesn’t want to buy 2024 (assuming it’s a paid upgrade), then, we wonder if MSFS will still get core updates or not. 
So many questions, so little answers. Why am I not surprised? 

Ha! Yeah, more questions than answers. Asobo threw a curve ball and nobody knows what field it was tossed from.

Edited by Sonosusto
  • Like 2

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---

@Zangoose You had the privilege of starting a party topic with all invites readily joining in! The folks at Microsoft and Asobo must be grinning big time when reading select comments! Let the cards drop in 2024 and I’m confident the majority of folks here will be pleased! 

• Like 1

Lawrence “Laurie” Doering

Latest video at The Flight Level Beautiful Sunset Flight Over Burlington, Ontario + Cool Instrumental + GoPro Aerial Cameras | 4K

Yep, I agree with you. They are not going to be free missions, but heavily scripted ones, similar we had in FSX. Go there, do that, get back. And, when you are finished, they will release a new mission DLC for only $ 19.99. The sim will become more arcade with time. The study level companies can use and will use the platform to appeal to its fan base, but serious simming is not and will never be the priority to Microsoft and company. 

🤣  More missions for 20 bucks!  I really think if serious flight simulation were a good percentage of their user base, they would have fixed a lot of problems by now.  One could argue that they did tame the overly extreme turbulence and dangerous weather, yet I would imagine the X-Box crowd and less serious gamer types would have wanted the same.  They've obviously spent a considerable amount of time on these missions, whereby they could have fixed AI anomalies, a lack of weather features (cloud types, proper radar), and included some ATC improvements in half the time.  I don't think that is asking much.  Neither is fixing ground elevation/terrain issues at KDFW or KDEN.

I spent a lot of money to get up to date with the sim after using FSX for so long.  I simply can't afford to keep shelling out money for unfinished products.  I see the time where I just drop this hobby much in the way I did amateur radio, despite spending so much on it.  I hope I'm wrong.

• Upvote 2

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

4 hours ago, Jeff Nielsen said:

Hopefully they got the bigger WX package from Mateo they've been talking about.

Interesting….what is this? Do you have a link for more info?

thx

i7 - 8700k, 4.3Ghz

Nvidia RTX 2070

Win 10

1 hour ago, Cognita said:

What I can say is that if PMDG wants to charge me again full price to upgrade to 2024, that will be the end of my relationship with PMDG.

I guarantee you they will. It’s their business model. But no the EFB won’t be ready at launch

• Like 1

Lukas Dalton

This being announced as a sequel doesn't necessarily mean it will require a repurchase or even invalidate MSFS 2020 addons and content. Of course they market it as an entirely new thing, because that's the most clever way to generate hype and raise expectations. MSFS is a platform now. Ever wondered how they could release free system and content updates for over 2 years? It's because their main revenue stream is the marketplace, not the game itself. They subsidize the consumer side to keep or even grow their installed base. As such, it is very likely that in one day in 2024 you will download an update to your flightsim as usual and it will suddenly show up as MSFS 2024 on the title screen. You head to the marketplace and you will not only find your existing addons and scenery still in tact, but you will also find the new missions/scenarios available for purchase there. As usual, general sim enhancements (seasons, flight model, UI) will be part of the base sim. I bet they could even go for an entirely free 2 play model. But we'll see.

Edited by megasus
Typo
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

So, it looks like a mission add-on. With seasons thrown in. And rebranded 2024. 

We haven't seen everything yet.

There's an extended X-Box Games Showcase on tuesday with interviews and such.

Last year that's when they had Jorg on, so it could be the same thing year. We might get more info Tuesday.

Edited by Tuskin38

41 minutes ago, FormulaJet said:

Looks very arcadish, and probably very easy to play with an Xbox controller, not good for me.

#1 type of comment on Avsim when the first trailer for FS2020 was shown.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Turpentine said:

#1 type of comment on Avsim when the first trailer for FS2020 was shown.

It was right. And still is. Xbox controllers galore. Amongst other things. This is why the other sim never dies, no matter what happens, in the dust lies the other sim 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I do not understand one thing. Why they announce new sim, when PMDG is on development of 777 for the old sim. Is it going to be compatible with the new sim, since there is no available SDK for this sim to develop planes for it? That might be a determining factor in people's decision should they purchase the new sim...?