Sign in to follow this  
GSalden

MSFS 2024 …. Betrayal ?

Is the OP the You Tuber who made this video?

If so, I'm surprised that he hasn't joined in any of the conversation his over dramatised little video has caused.  

Is that the go these days, just drop in some drama and then leave?

Jase

Jaseman. Lovin it up here........

Catch us over at MassieSim32 -> https://discord.gg/B4buuHGhcr

8 minutes ago, JaseMelbo said:

If so, I'm surprised that he hasn't joined in any of the conversation his over dramatised little video has caused.  

Jase

It is not

• Like 1

Chris

Well that's a weird video

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

4 hours ago, JaseMelbo said:

Jase

He had to work …. 😁

The way I see it :

MS has committed itself to give us a Flightsimulator for at least 10 years.

They did not say that it was only one version that continuesly was going to be updated. 

It is better to redesign certain parts and add other features to it than trying to fit in redesigned parts. In this case the engine.

Unlike earlier MS Flightsimulators they stated that the current roadmap for MSFS 2020 was still going to be followed. So further development.

If almost all Addons will work in MSFS 2024 then there is nothing to worry about.

Looking forward to it…

• Like 3

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Don't be dramatic. It's the same simulator with new logo and a price tag. I don't mind paying every four years - better then some lame  yet another subscription model.

As for the trailer - it was made for the audience where it was first shown. 

• Like 7
  • Upvote 2

21 hours ago, Lord Farringdon said:

I guess those comments are aimed at me. My apologies for not wording that very well. It was for the sake of brevity. I wholeheartedly agree with you both that the cost of the sim is ludicrously cheap  considering the benefits returned. I guess my concern was more about what will and what will not, be usable from the (shall we say) "old" sim. This has happened many times before where some of us has spent thousands on hardware, computers, and add-ons only to find many of them incompatible or needing upgrade in the next version. I didn't want to explore that in my statement above because the question was that I really didn't know anything about this new product and it would of course be premature to raise this issue in detail and simply fearmongering yet again without any facts before us  But, since you called me out on it I guess I have to now reluctantly explain why it concerned me even though I have no facts to suggest this will be the case.  Again my apologies.  

Cheers

Terry        

I also didn't mean you in particular, I was just responding to the common sentiment we see on the forums, that all flight sim development should at least be free.  Clearly, really, MS should be paying us to use it.  😉.

But I get that wasn't what you meant.  I would definitely agree that if there were not add on compatibility, this would look like a blatant money grab attempt and would be pretty cheesy.  But it sounds like that's not the case, so... All good!

• Like 1

Andrew Crowley

All I can say is that youtuber who post his "expert" opinion got a lot of clicks. That why such video should be posted here. If you want promote aviation post more useful video from "missionary bush" pilot or "steveo1kinevo" or someone who else can contribute to something meaningful. 

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

17 hours ago, GSalden said:

He had to work …. 😁

The way I see it :

MS has committed itself to give us a Flightsimulator for at least 10 years.

They did not say that it was only one version that continuesly was going to be updated. 

It is better to redesign certain parts and add other features to it than trying to fit in redesigned parts. In this case the engine.

Unlike earlier MS Flightsimulators they stated that the current roadmap for MSFS 2020 was still going to be followed. So further development.

If almost all Addons will work in MSFS 2024 then there is nothing to worry about.

Looking forward to it…

Sorry mate, wasn't referring to you.  Was referring to the you tube creator.  First thought was he was the OP and just dumped his video in here without any commentary perhaps seeking clicks and likes.

All good.  Personally, I can't wait for 2024 - looking forward to it.

Jase

Jaseman. Lovin it up here........

Catch us over at MassieSim32 -> https://discord.gg/B4buuHGhcr

On 6/12/2023 at 4:49 PM, Ricardo41 said:

Not sure I understand what the point of this video is. MSFS 2020 is not a "training solution", it's an entertainment product for a "massmsf SIMULATOR.

Pardon you but, it is NOT intended to be a "game". To fund for the huge tech advances, yes...they market to a wider audience NOW in this iteration but clearly you are a newcomer and I'll have you know that without the core customers who are into nothing more than using MSFS, P3D/FSX/X-Plane (all SIMULATORS to SIMULATE/TRAIN) both IFR and VFR alike, there would not BE a "MSFS" for you to attempt to reclassify as a pickup and play "game". 

Get it right, this isn't a game for anyone aside for casual, Xbox players who are more than happy to consume unrealistic addons and renditions of aircraft both real and fake.

Edited by Coolieboy
  • Like 1

Leon Jackson

31 minutes ago, Coolieboy said:

Pardon you but, it is NOT intended to be a "game". To fund for the huge tech advances, yes...they market to a wider audience NOW in this iteration but clearly you are a newcomer and I'll have you know that without the core customers who are into nothing more than using MSFS, P3D/FSX/X-Plane (all SIMULATORS to SIMULATE/TRAIN) both IFR and VFR alike, there would not BE a "MSFS" for you to attempt to reclassify as a pickup and play "game". 

Get it right, this isn't a game for anyone aside for casual, Xbox players who are more than happy to consume unrealistic addons and renditions of aircraft both real and fake.

Oh please. Get over yourself.  I've been simming since Sublogic Flight Sim in 1982, so not a newcomer myself, and have no illusions... it's an entertainment title.  Says so right on the cover.  A GAME.  Don't let it break your heart.

Unless you're some skinflint broke pilot that can't afford FAA-approved actual training materials and decided to cut corners on training and try your luck with an entertainment title, then chances are you started out by picking it up and playing it just like the casuals you are belittling.  

This drama belongs in one of those M. Night Shamalyan movie plot twists where the audience finds out at the end that (gasp!!!!!)... it was a game ALL ALONG!!  😁

Edited by Stoopy
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 4

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

The famous 180 turn on an AVSim topic strikes again!

Game vs Entertainment vs Simulator

PS: Certainly better than “betrayal”

• Like 2

Lawrence “Laurie” Doering

Latest video at The Flight Level Ten Minutes of the F-14 Tomcat and Supercarrier - Launch - Mission - Recovery | DCS World | 4K

Hey, I see this new MSFS as a way to "stick it to the man" for spending so much effort on new content while seemingly ignoring the broken core stuff, which worked fine (well most of it, but comparatively in MSFS it's not) for years with FS#.  Perhaps a boycott is in order to show our displeasure.

• Like 1

Rod O.

i7 10700k @5.0 HT on|Asus Maximus XII Hero|G.Skill 2x16GB DDR4 4000 cas 16|evga RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra|Noctua NH-D15S|Thermaltake GF1 850W PSU|WD Black SN750 M.2 1TB SSD (x2)|Plextor M9Pe .5TB NVMe PCIe x4 SSD (MSFS dedicated)IFractal Design Focus G Case

Win 10 Pro 64|HP Reverb G2 revised VR HMD|Asus 25" IPS 2K 60Hz monitor|Saitek X52 Pro & Peddles|TIR 5 (now retired)

1 minute ago, TheFamilyMan said:

Perhaps a boycott is in order to show our displeasure.

That would never work and would be pointless.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TheFamilyMan said:

Hey, I see this new MSFS as a way to "stick it to the man" for spending so much effort on new content while seemingly ignoring the broken core stuff, which worked fine (well most of it, but comparatively in MSFS it's not) for years with FS#.  Perhaps a boycott is in order to show our displeasure.

Please enlighten us, what insider info do you have that verifies they have spent "so much effort" only on new content and ignored broken core stuff for the 2024 release? If your deduction is based purely on this initial trailer, do teach us said deduction skills.  And yes, you should go ahead with the boycott, I'm sure that's gonna hurt their bottom line real good.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

I think that there will be far more competitive game elements in 2024 than we have seen before. Medals, scores, league tables, achievements, graphs at the end of each flight etc. And that's fine. As long as they are optional and can be switched off.

• Like 2