Sign in to follow this  
altenae

White Squares

New "feature" of MSFS with AAU2, for the XBOX crowd. Has been there since the beginning of the beta, apparently they were unable or unwilling to fix this before release.

23 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

New "feature" of MSFS with AAU2, for the XBOX crowd. Has been there since the beginning of the beta, apparently they were unable or unwilling to fix this before release.

So it can take a while for this to be fixed for PC users 

MSI Tomahawk Z790, I7-13700K, DDR5 6000mhz, MSI 4090, 3x SSD 980 PRO, Corsair 360 Liguid CPU cooler, Corsair H1200V2 power.

Yeah, It's a complete joke. That and the white dot in the middle of the screen.💩

Here's what one of the Community mamagers had to say six days ago:

"A full resolution for this issue did not make it in for the AAU_02 release, but we are targeting a fix for this in a later update. Thanks, MSFS Team "

Just now he added: "We don’t have any further information to share at this time, but we will provide an update as soon as we have one. Thanks,MSFS Team"

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/white-dot-visible-since-1-33-3-0-only-partially-fixed-in-1-33-8-0-release-version/591712

And there's another thread regarding that white dot, squares and other anomalies. I doubt it helps, but voting wouldn't do any harm either:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/mouse-cursor-pointer-behaving-weird-white-dot-in-the-middle-of-the-screen-and-missed-clicks-on-interaction-with-cockpit/598218

Edited by Tom_L

Gigabyte Aorus Z390Master, i9-9900k @ 5.1 Ghz all cores, RTX 2080, 32 GB RAM

Is this just showing up in airliners, or other aircraft too? Only been flying helicopters since the AAU2 update

ASUS MAXIMUS IX CODE Z270, i7-7700K OC@4.8, EVGA GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4 RAM, VKBSim Gladiator joystick, CH Pro pedals, Razer Orbweaver Chroma Gaming Keypad, Samsung SSD 850 Pro 512GB (main drive/sim drive), WD Black 1TB HDD

4 minutes ago, CapnCrunch said:

Is this just showing up in airliners, or other aircraft too? Only been flying helicopters since the AAU2 update

I got it in the A36 Bonanza.

Bert

21 minutes ago, CapnCrunch said:

The white frames are showing up on any glass screen from what I know.

13 minutes ago, Sky_Pilot071 said:

Ive never seen white squares in the HJET.  What am I doing wrong?

sp

Nothing.  Sounds like you’re living right!

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, CapnCrunch said:

I've seen it in everything from 3rd party addons to the default TBM. It's pretty annoying. 

I haven't seen the white squares or white dot yet on the WT G1000 NXi or GNS 430/530 screens, available for free through the Marketplace. However, I haven't been flying a lot of default aircraft lately.

Where they've been showing up for me is on the third party PMS50 GTN 750.  Not all the time, the squares and dot seem to come and go. But it is very annoying when it happens.

Huh. Nothing so far for me on the Kodiak, default SR22 or TBM. Hopefully it stays that way.

I did just renew my license though for the PMS50 GTN yesterday but haven't checked that yet. Not going to be a happy camper if that's affected.

ASUS MAXIMUS IX CODE Z270, i7-7700K OC@4.8, EVGA GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4 RAM, VKBSim Gladiator joystick, CH Pro pedals, Razer Orbweaver Chroma Gaming Keypad, Samsung SSD 850 Pro 512GB (main drive/sim drive), WD Black 1TB HDD

Why fix it? MSFS is great. Absolutely fantastic. Who cares about white squares? It will be fixed in MSFS2024, and it's only a year away. 😄😉

• Like 2