Sign in to follow this  
John Fields

UPDATE 1.33.8.0 DESTROYED ALL MY SETTINGS!

Hi,

Today's update (1.33.8.0), which I had no idea about, has destroyed all my settings.

I've been trying to restore my settings or an hour (airports and scenery installed, controls, sensitivity, size of the text, traffic and graphics settings... you name it!).

And the ATC doesn't work!

Why? Please, Asobo, don't do this any more!

Regards.

Edited by John Fields

Hmmm.. wasn't even aware of a coming update for today?

I the middle of a flight right now. 

• Like 1

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

Just now, Swe_Richard said:

Hmmm.. wasn't even aware of a coming update for today?

I the middle of a flight right now. 

Hi, Richard,

Neither was I!

It seems a major update...

Just now, John Fields said:

Hi, Richard,

Neither was I!

It seems a major update...

Sounds more like something triggered a file integrity check, verified / downloaded a lot of files which also nuked settings or something, as there's no new major update.

• Like 1

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

Happened to me before, make sure you use controls profiles other than "default", this way you can just switch back to them. With the other options, I just took photos of my existing settings so I can quickly set up everything the same again. No other solution i am aware of.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Soulflight said:

Happened to me before, make sure you use controls profiles other than "default", this way you can just switch back to them. With the other options, I just took photos of my existing settings so I can quickly set up everything the same again. No other solution i am aware of.

Thank you, Soulflight!

1 hour ago, John Fields said:

Today's update (1.33.8.0),

That's the last week's AAU2. This is the current version of the sim since last week. 

• Like 1

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

2 minutes ago, edpatino said:

That's the last week's AAU2. This is the current version of the sim since last week. 

Thank you edpatino.

I didn't know, I thought the version I was running was 1.32.7.0.

But today there was a massive update.

Even aircraft and airports that I had uninstalled (like Meigs) installed automatically!

I didn't know anything about that update.

Regards.

Horrible! 

Even your shift key is stuck 😋

• Like 11

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 hour ago, John Fields said:

Today's update (1.33.8.0), which I had no idea about, has destroyed all my settings.

v1.33.8 came out of beta and went live a week ago on the 22nd of June. Why are you just getting the update today, the 29th of June? Something else is going on here. Your settings are stored "in the cloud" and would be restored when you started MSFS.

Where (do you think) you have MSFS installed?

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

Installed this one week ago but also gets this message about mandatory update. Strange, innstalled the update one week ago. Used the sim yesterday with no problems

Weird, this has just popped up for me now too. 

Was in the sim fine this morning, had installed the update last week, so not sure why its popped up again now.

Update: Ok just looked on Flightsim forums and seems to be navdata and also files that are relating to the City Update Texas release today

Edited by ckukmale

I just got an update as well. No version change. I suspect it's navdata update. No problem with settings or anything else. 

• Upvote 2

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

3 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

I just got an update as well. No version change. I suspect it's navdata update. No problem with settings or anything else. 

Think it might be related to the new City Update for Texas as well after reading the flightsim forums.