Sign in to follow this  
John Fields

UPDATE 1.33.8.0 DESTROYED ALL MY SETTINGS!

38 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

I just got an update as well. No version change. I suspect it's navdata update. No problem with settings or anything else. 

Same for me.

The installer progress slider (download/unzip) went by real fast and finished in seconds.

No problems after this second 1.33.8 update.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Have had two CTDs after this update... seems fragile..

Bert

I received the mandatory upgrade 1.33.8.0 and reached 100% download, installation is more than half an hour which is on " decompression asobo-aircraft-longitude-0.1.105.fspatch " which is the last downloaded file .

No file in previous updates stayed this long unzipped. I tried to reload FS2020 but it always returns to this "decompression asobo-aircraft-longitude-0.1.105.fspatch".

Does anyone else have this problem of mine?

Thank you.

52 minutes ago, RobPol471 said:

I received the mandatory upgrade 1.33.8.0 and reached 100% download, installation is more than half an hour which is on " decompression asobo-aircraft-longitude-0.1.105.fspatch " which is the last downloaded file .

No file in previous updates stayed this long unzipped. I tried to reload FS2020 but it always returns to this "decompression asobo-aircraft-longitude-0.1.105.fspatch".

Does anyone else have this problem of mine?

Thank you.

It installed here in less than a minute. Guess something is wrong there.

Perhaps try this:https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/update-1-17-3-0-fail-during-decompressing-asobo-airport-kmco-orlando-0-1-51-fspatch/419242/6

Edited by Alvega
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

19 minutes ago, Alvega said:

It installed here in less than a minute. Guess something is wrong there.

Perhaps try this:https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/update-1-17-3-0-fail-during-decompressing-asobo-airport-kmco-orlando-0-1-51-fspatch/419242/6

Thank you,

I deleted the file and after the download the file was installed correctly.

Thanks again for your prompt help.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, John Fields said:

Hi,

Today's update (1.33.8.0), which I had no idea about, has destroyed all my settings.

I've been trying to restore my settings or an hour (airports and scenery installed, controls, sensitivity, size of the text, traffic and graphics settings... you name it!).

And the ATC doesn't work!

Why? Please, Asobo, don't do this any more!

Regards.

Had this happen to me twice. Last time was about 2 days after the AAU 2 update. 

Previous time was quite some months ago while I was in BETA and MSFS accidentally released an update (They later pulled it down), but not before a few of us downloaded it. That error also erased my log book. (lost over 150Hrs).

After that (Loosing the log book), I have been using spad next for all control axes and taken pictures of button mappings.

Of course, I still had to go back and re set everything else including graphics and assistance preferences.

No clue why ATC no longer works for you.

Robin

I'm experiencing the same frustrating issues where my settings and keybindings reset after the last few updates, leading to crashes and other issues. I have noticed that this platform is quite unstable and fragile. I am concerned about the quality control measures that are in place. Regrettably, this software is the only one that exhibits such behavior following updates. I haven't encountered these issues on any other simulators or any other programs on my computer.
Not a desirable situation at all.
  • Like 1

I9- 13900K- CPU @ 5.0GHz, 64 GB RAM @ 6200MHz, NVIDIA RTX 4090

5 minutes ago, LRBS said:
I'm experiencing the same frustrating issues where my settings and keybindings reset after the last few updates, leading to crashes and other issues. I have noticed that this platform is quite unstable and fragile. I am concerned about the quality control measures that are in place. Regrettably, this software is the only one that exhibits such behavior following updates. I haven't encountered these issues on any other simulators or any other programs on my computer.
Not a desirable situation at all.

Yeah it's funny how a program can be fine on one machine but not on another. I had the opposite experience - I tried the XP 12 beta but had bunch of weird behavior CTDs while MSFS was totally stable. Decided to wait till XP 12 gets to the full release (very soon, I think?) and try again. 

The lord knows what combination of drivers + hardware + windows settings was causing that issue on XP but not on MSFS. I considered doing a full reinstall of Windows to see if that fixed the XP issue, but doing a full reinstall is such a pain. So I'm waiting it out. 

Hope your issue gets sorted soon. 

I had an update tonight, less than 1GB, took about 3 minutes, flying now and everything is fine. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

2 hours ago, JonathanC said:

Yeah it's funny how a program can be fine on one machine but not on another.

Hope your issue gets sorted soon. 

I fully understand your statement. It's worth noting that many users have also reported similar issues, not only myself. I personally noticed these problems after the previous update of AAU2. I have a dedicated PC for flight simulation, with P3D, XP12, DCS, and MSFS installed. Additionally, I have another computer at my house, which has different hardware architecture and the same software installed. However, the updates for the other simulators never caused any issues such as resetting to defaults or changes in key bindings. Only MSFS seems to be affected, and there may be an underlying cause that I am not aware of. I even tried reformatting and reinstalling MSFS from scratch, but the issues persisted. It's strange and very interesting that some users experience these problems while others do not.

I9- 13900K- CPU @ 5.0GHz, 64 GB RAM @ 6200MHz, NVIDIA RTX 4090

26 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I had an update tonight, less than 1GB, took about 3 minutes, flying now and everything is fine. 

Same same.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

11 minutes ago, LRBS said:
I fully understand your statement. It's worth noting that many users have also reported similar issues, not only myself. I personally noticed these problems after the previous update of AAU2. I have a dedicated PC for flight simulation, with P3D, XP12, DCS, and MSFS installed. Additionally, I have another computer at my house, which has different hardware architecture and the same software installed. However, the updates for the other simulators never caused any issues such as resetting to defaults or changes in key bindings. Only MSFS seems to be affected, and there may be an underlying cause that I am not aware of. I even tried reformatting and reinstalling MSFS from scratch, but the issues persisted. It's strange and very interesting that some users experience these problems while others do not.

Yes, MSFS is unique in its dependence on cloud services, and there are all manner of strange bugs that show up due to that. Some are MSFS/Asobo's "fault" (as in, it's a bug they need to fix) and some are just weird stuff based on things like ISP routing tables, traffic shaping and other such things that happen "on the wire". These are really impossible to diagnose - my internet connection may be routing correctly to Azure (the download servers) while your internet connection may be routing through a country halfway across the world. 

The lost settings issue is usually down to the cloud save file getting corrupted somehow, blowing away the settings.

In fact, for the longest time people complained about slow download speeds. I did too - I have symmetric gigabit fiber and everything downloads at 800-900 Mbps from Steam.. but MSFS refused to go over 200 Mbps at best! That has improved a lot though, and it's nothing to do with my connection, rather they've changed something about the download servers. 

XP and P3D don't have any of these issues as they aren't reliant on the cloud in any way (downloading live weather is about the only network thing that XP does, AFAIK). However.. there's no way for those two to have global streaming satellite imagery without setting up massive network infra and paying big $$$, so it's a tradeoff, and MSFS can fix these issues much more easily. So let's see what happens. 

Edited by JonathanC