Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

A2A Comanche has been released!

43 minutes ago, OuterMarker said:

What an absolute beauty!!!

Thanks!

It's operational btw!

https://flightsim.to/file/59209/a2a-piper-pa-24-comanche-n6494p-custom-interior-and-registration

• Like 3

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

3 hours ago, ryanbatc said:

Just took her on a short hop...nicely done!

tH5H7c.jpg

• Like 2

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

33 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

Just took her on a short hop...nicely done!

Glad you like her.  Now stop blocking the taxiway haha!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Can someone direct my attention to the cup holders?

• Like 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

@ryanbatc fantastic work...I just took her for a quick hop around virtual KSBM Sheboygan aka home as well as KOSH and she’s gorgeous.

I can’t get enough of this plane!

Classic schemes just look amazing on this aircraft.

• Like 2

Just a little note to let everyone know that we've just released the v1.2 update for the Comanche🙂

To install version 1.2, please click the "Comanche Check For Updates MSFS" shortcut in the "A2A Simulations" folder in the Windows start menu.

Thanks
Nick - A2A Simulations

• Like 9
  • Upvote 1

Nick M - A2A Simulations

I absolutely love this update process.

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

Nice list as ever, I thought the beacon light sounded quite high;

Tuned balance of beacon motor sound effect.

Nice to see another Dev actively supporting VR users, you watching Asobo?! 👀

Improved cockpit glass transparency for better clarity, particularly with high-end VR headsets

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

Well thats it folks, I've found flight sim nirvana.  I know I keep banging on about my new rig (apologies) but it's such a leap in terms of raw power.   Gone from i7 4790k + 1070 to a 7800X3D + 4090, so I've basically leap frogged about 4 or 5 generations.  Tonight I've really put the Comanche through some awesome VFR flights in and around strips near Melbourne, I'm flying to airfields which is a collection of updated grass/concrete strips from Flight.to - Jordan's Victorian Airports MEGAPACK - NOVEMBER UPDATE for Microsoft Flight Simulator | MSFS

I'm getting roughly 120-130 FPS, butter smooth using Frame Generation, it's been a few weeks now but I still can't get over how god word not allowed beautiful my sim is running.  Now, slot in the beautiful Comanche and oh my word, its Flight Sim Nirvana.  I've finally arrived!  Even flying the big irons into heavy airports now using PSXT + Real Traffic or Vatsim, it's an absolute joy!!  Chuffed as a butty I am.  🙂

• Like 2

Thomas Derbyshire

On 8/5/2023 at 6:39 PM, ryanbatc said:

Glad you like her.  Now stop blocking the taxiway haha!

Or you will have to call the tower.....😉

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Well I am very pleased for those who love this bird but there are so many vintage aircraft in MSFS2020 I just wished they had given the same treatment to an a GA aircraft you can buy today with modern avionics.  But I am clearly in the minority.

Bruce

• Like 3

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

7 hours ago, brucewtb said:

But I am clearly in the minority.

Not only you, Bruce. Maybe not G1000 modern but something like the latest steam-gauge ones. I mean, something like the Carenado C182RG or the Mooney I have, but with the A2A treatment. That would be sweet.

Somehow I see A2A moving all their FSX/P3D civilian GA catalog to MSFS. This means I think C172, C182 and the V-tail Bonanza would be the next ones.

In the meantime, I went for the JF Turbo Arrows instead: based on the reviews, they used to be excellent (until A2A showed up), and I could get it in the Marketplace at local prices (i.e., way more affordable). Now I see why they were so highly valued. I mean, I'm a tubeliner guy, but I'm liking GA more and more.

Edited by Luis Hernandez

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), ID-Cooling SE-224-XTS air cooler, Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

I was flying this weekend, doing some landing practice at St Barths.  I go to do another flight with the same plane, and when I drop the flaps, the plane starts to roll to one side.  I looked out, and only one wing had flaps down.  I must have broken them!  (probably extended way too fast). 

I learned 2 lessons - follow procedures, and don't skip the walk-around, even in the sim.  I just put the flaps back up and was able to land fine.  Such a cool detail.  As soon as I saw it I realized what I did.  Lesson learned. 

I'm enjoying flying this plane so much. 

• Like 2

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

1 hour ago, kerosene31 said:

I was flying this weekend, doing some landing practice at St Barths.  I go to do another flight with the same plane, and when I drop the flaps, the plane starts to roll to one side.  I looked out, and only one wing had flaps down.  I must have broken them!  (probably extended way too fast). 

I learned 2 lessons - follow procedures, and don't skip the walk-around, even in the sim.  I just put the flaps back up and was able to land fine.  Such a cool detail.  As soon as I saw it I realized what I did.  Lesson learned. 

I'm enjoying flying this plane so much. 

Complacency is probably flightsimmer's biggest enemy when finally getting an aircraft that simulates what happens to an airframe when you abuse it in the sim as if it was real-world.  We're all guilty and its just human nature because our minds tell us that if we crash in the sim we don't die....no matter how much we think we can overcome that thought.

Its a great lesson learned...this plane will "keep you honest" and bite you, just as in the real world as far as the simulated outcome.  You can go 200kts in the Carenado Mooney and drop the flaps, gear, etc....you'll get the simulated aerodynamic effects, but not break anything.  Not in the Comanche 🙂 

Just a great airplane to fly in the sim...shortcuts will eventually catch up with you. 😉  

• Like 2

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg