Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

A2A Comanche has been released!

5 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

Is your cabin vent control all the way forward ? And have you sound proofed the aircraft ? 

Yes I have, it makes it better, maybe it is realistic, but I think it's over the top and would like an option to reduce the wind volume.

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

45 minutes ago, Ixoye said:

The only thing I don't like about the Comanche is the loud wind noise, the headphone option doesn't dampen it much either strangely enough.

Both headphones and the noise cancellation option?

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

It gets better that way, but then i can barley hear the engine 

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

My Commanche always wants to roll slightly to the left. I have no rudder pedals, but a joystick only. Yes it has been calibrated.

So after awhile I get tired of having to correct the LH roll, and so I turn the AP on. (Don't want to do this as I prefer to hand fly it).

And so, with AP on, the ST gives me an even flight....until the trim indication starts beeping at me 🤥

With AP on I have to pull out the tablet and click "Altitude" to level off. (Is this the only way)??

Finally the Commanche is in stable level flight.  Please educate me as I do want to learn.

1 minute ago, Beagle12 said:

My Commanche always wants to roll slightly to the left. I have no rudder pedals, but a joystick only. Yes it has been calibrated.

So after awhile I get tired of having to correct the LH roll, and so I turn the AP on. (Don't want to do this as I prefer to hand fly it).

And so, with AP on, the ST gives me an even flight....until the trim indication starts beeping at me 🤥

With AP on I have to pull out the tablet and click "Altitude" to level off. (Is this the only way)??

Finally the Commanche is in stable level flight.  Please educate me as I do want to learn.

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

14 minutes ago, Ixoye said:

It gets better that way, but then i can barley hear the engine 

If my memory serves me well, there was a thread long ago, for the P3D version, where Scott G explained that the Comanche was naturally noisy and showing  how he added soundproofing material to the fuselage interior. 

If you have set the optional soundproofing lining  in the Maintenance page in the tablet and have the Comanche headset on, and still are annoyed by the wind noise, I would say there is something wrong  with your setup (hardware or MsFS).

• Like 2

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

3 hours ago, Ixoye said:

The only thing I don't like about the Comanche is the loud wind noise, the headphone option doesn't dampen it much either strangely enough.

It happend to me as well until i figured out that the door was not well closed (not locked), after closing it better it made a wouuush sound, yes this is also modeled 👌

Edited by webstef68
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Beagle12 said:

I don't know how to work the Commanche AP, so I cannot help you there, but as a Single Engine Prop this left roll is normal.

There are 5 causes. The biggest is torque: As the propeller spins clockwise the force tries to spin the airplane counterclockwise.

There is also more propwash over the right wing than the left due the center of thrust from the prop being to the right of the cabin. There's also rotating winds from the prop which form a spiraling slipstream that has a small left roll force along with a much lager left yaw.

Another cause is that you're often alone in the aircraft, and because you're to the left the left side of the aircraft weighs more and wants to roll heavy side down.

Finally the wings are not identical; They're angled slightly differently in an effort to equal these forces during high altitude cruise speed. If you fly too fast, however, you'll have a left roll effect.

These all add up fast.

Edited by WestAir
Spelling
  • Like 2

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

Make sure that all of the cabin vents are closed as well...they add quite a bit of noise.

• Like 2

Look at the ball is it centered, if not a bit of rudder to center it. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

gvXr4.jpg

• Like 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

2 hours ago, Beagle12 said:

With AP on, to level off you gently bring the aircraft level with elevator and trim and then push the small red button on the right  on the yoke. Add some trim if beeped. 

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

47 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

With AP on, to level off you gently bring the aircraft level with elevator and trim and then push the small red button on the right  on the yoke. Add some trim if beeped. 

Red button will disconnect AP, push black button. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

3 hours ago, Beagle12 said:

Hi, I also fly with a stick... If you want to hand-fly instead of using the autopilot, you can also just dial in a bit of rudder trim to counter the roll tendency.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Red button will disconnect AP, push black button. 

True ! Never post from memory, seated on a long chair by the pool 😄 !  I was half right though it is the rightmost button but it is the black one.

Dominique