Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

A2A Comanche has been released!

55 items in a patch. What on earth were the beta testers up to? 😵

Edited by Ron Attwood

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

That's an impressive list of fixes, they have been busy..

• Like 1

Wayne

i5 9600k OC @ 4.6,LIQUID COOLED, INNO3D RTX 3060Ti 8GB, 32GB RAM, 2 X 4TB HDD (MSFS & STEAM), 1 X 2TB M.2 SSD (XP12) TOMAHAWK MAG Z390 MOTHERBOARD, M.2 for OS WIN11, X52 PRO, TCA THRUSTMASTER AIRBUS CAPTAINS EDITION, TRACK-IR.    XP12    MSFS2020.   

2 minutes ago, Ron Attwood said:

What on earth were the beta testers up to? 😵

I am sure that you know this and that your remark is tongue in cheek, but no developer's beta team can hope to catch all of the things that thousands of often highly critical users with a myriad of hardware combinations and levels of expertise can.
The most extraordinary thing about this release is that no one has condemned it, as they somehow always manage to do on some personal pretext or other.
That is most likely because it is downright excellent. :smile:

• Like 10
  • Upvote 5

I know in here this is going to be a welcome as a cold-nosed dog in a nudist camp but... I dunno why but I really can't get on with the Comanche!

I have now completed about a dozen hours in the 250 and although their is little doubt that the realism, sound and attention to detail is completely off the scale, for some reason I just do not bond with it at all. It finally came to a head recently when I experienced some kind of inflight engine failure. As I slowly drifted towards the ground and whipped out the old emergancy checklist I realised I didn't give a fig about it at all. In fact I was more concerned about my virtual doggo sat next to me!

I've now migrated back to the humble C182. Yeah it not even in the same league as the 250 but for some reason I find it far more full of character... and something I actually care about keeping out of the shrubbery!

3 hours ago, Reader said:

I am sure that you know this and that your remark is tongue in cheek

Well spotted. 😄

• Like 2

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

5 hours ago, sniper31 said:

Yet another reason why I love A2A. Great customer response and service!

Amen to that. Back in the FSX days I was one of the first people to buy and install one of the addons and Scott personally called me to make sure things installed right and were working. I think I've bought every single product of theirs (at least for my platforms) since that point. These guys are the 'bar'. Period. They could literally release "word not allowed" and I would buy it.

Edited by kiwikat
  • Like 1

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

38 minutes ago, kiwikat said:

Amen to that. Back in the FSX days I was one of the first people to buy and install one of the addons and Scott personally called me to make sure things installed right and were working. I think I've bought every single product of theirs (at least for my platforms) since that point. These guys are the 'bar'. Period. They could literally release "word not allowed" and I would buy it.

You're old!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

3 hours ago, flibberflops said:

It finally came to a head recently when I experienced some kind of inflight engine failure. As I slowly drifted towards the ground and whipped out the old emergancy checklist I realised I didn't give a fig about it at all. In fact I was more concerned about my virtual doggo sat next to me!

I've now migrated back to the humble C182. Yeah it not even in the same league as the 250 but for some reason I find it far more full of character... and something I actually care about keeping out of the shrubbery!

Probably carb icing.

But yes, Carenado are popular for a reason, their target market is people who have minimal interest in anything other than stick and rudder and navs and set and forget autopilot and want an aircraft that looks nice and is easy to fly. Nothing wrong with that, for you the Comanche was probably just a mis-match. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

Probably carb icing.

But yes, Carenado are popular for a reason, their target market is people who have minimal interest in anything other than stick and rudder and navs and set and forget autopilot and want an aircraft that looks nice and is easy to fly. Nothing wrong with that, for you the Comanche was probably just a mis-match. 

yep had  this  on my last  flight, than  read  on a utube  about  turning  on  the  carb  heat 🙂

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

3 hours ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

You can do that with the A2A as well. No failures, no persistence and new plane. The difference to me is how nice the Comanche feels when you hand fly it.

• Like 2

There are indeed two schools of simming.

I bought the Carenado Skymaster and  Abaleo YMF5 in FSX and found them soulless, uninteresting. And not so well finished… Minimal after sale support too.

The  Comanche is not complicated at all to fly even if you go full monty but the aircraft - how to say it  ? - involves you in the flying. And the A2A support is excellent.

Edited by Dominique_K
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

1 hour ago, jarmstro said:

You can do that with the A2A as well. No failures, no persistence and new plane. The difference to me is how nice the Comanche feels when you hand fly it.

I love the Comanche and all the in depth stuff.

I am just saying it is like McDonalds versus the expensive Italian Restaurant down the road.  Carenado is the quick and easy but reliable "McDonalds" of flight sim addons and they have a clear target market for whom their products are a good match. If you just want something different that is a good price and you can just jump in and fly Carenado might well suit you.  For other people happy to invest more cash and more time into learning the intricacies, A2A is a better match and well worth the money time and effort.

Nothing wrong with A2A or with Carenado, they just target entirely different types of simming style.

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick
  • Like 1

The only thing I don't like about the Comanche is the loud wind noise, the headphone option doesn't dampen it much either strangely enough.

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

19 minutes ago, Ixoye said:

The only thing I don't like about the Comanche is the loud wind noise, the headphone option doesn't dampen it much either strangely enough.

Is your cabin vent control all the way forward ? And have you sound proofed the aircraft ? 

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam