Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

A2A Comanche has been released!

15 hours ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

But yes, Carenado are popular for a reason, their target market is people who have minimal interest in anything other than stick and rudder and navs and set and forget autopilot and want an aircraft that looks nice and is easy to fly. Nothing wrong with that, for you the Comanche was probably just a mis-match. 

I think you have misunderstood my post. I like the advance flight model and the intricacies of flying the 250, i just don't bond with the comanche as an entity. Many years ago I rocked around in the A2A C172 in flying old school VOR in P3D... loved it. I don't know what it is about the comanche, I just don't find it endering at all.

52 minutes ago, flibberflops said:

I think you have misunderstood my post. I like the advance flight model and the intricacies of flying the 250, i just don't bond with the comanche as an entity. Many years ago I rocked around in the A2A C172 in flying old school VOR in P3D... loved it. I don't know what it is about the comanche, I just don't find it endering at all.

The 172 which I have many hours in , in real life, to me now is boring compared to the Comanche. You can fly old school VFR in the Comanche just like  you can in the C 172. The Comanche is just a more in depth aircraft, that requires increased pilot skills to fly it properly. 

Edited by Bobsk8
  • Like 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

8 hours ago, Dominique_K said:

If my memory serves me well, there was a thread long ago, for the P3D version, where Scott G explained that the Comanche was naturally noisy and showing  how he added soundproofing material to the fuselage interior. 

If you have set the optional soundproofing lining  in the Maintenance page in the tablet and have the Comanche headset on, and still are annoyed by the wind noise, I would say there is something wrong  with your setup (hardware or MsFS).

It sounded great when I used my headphones instead of my sound system, it's probably some setting on my sound system that I need to adjust.

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

2 hours ago, Ixoye said:

It sounded great when I used my headphones instead of my sound system, it's probably some setting on my sound system that I need to adjust.

I use 2 80 W JBL LX44 speakers and with the in-cockpit headphones and noice cancelling, I hardly hear any wind. Without that: a LOT.  And I like it. I love  the Comanche... flight model, the dynamics, the physics, ...  feels for me something like the real-life Ikarus C42CS in which I now have lessons. It is the way it swings in the air, dances in the turbulence, etc. And then... all the system depth of course. I only had one Comanche engine-out, carb icing indeed, while practicing power off stalls.

Edited by Rene_Feijen

MS FS 2020 | I9-13900K@5.8 GHZ  | 64 GB DDR5 4800mhz |  ASUS TUF RTX 4090 O24G Gaming   | HP Reverb G2 | Navigraph | VATSIM | TPR Pedals | Virpil collective & stick | Honeycomb | 2023: Real life RPL MLA microlight trainee (Ikarus C42CS)

26 minutes ago, Rene_Feijen said:

feels for me something like the real-life Ikarus C42CS in which I now have lessons. 

There is an old pirep joke when two aircraft fly in turbulence over the same waypoint Being 737 and Cessna 172. 737 reports "light chop", while 172 "severe turbulence". LOL  In real life you would feel less bumps in Comanche than in any light sport! Thanks for MSFS turbulence model it feels like everyone flies in light sport LOL

• Like 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

5 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

There is an old pirep joke when two aircraft fly in turbulence over the same waypoint Being 737 and Cessna 172. 737 reports "light chop", while 172 "severe turbulence". LOL  In real life you would feel less bumps in Comanche than in any light sport! Thanks for MSFS turbulence model it feels like everyone flies in light sport LOL

Well, with it feels something like the Ikarus I meant not that it feels exactly the same. The Ikarus is much more prone to move in turbulence than the Comanche, but the .. how can I express it... the rythm feels alike... not the magnitude of the "swinging".  Btw I have MSFS turbulence set realistic , and the Comanche in the middle of the setting slider .

Edited by Rene_Feijen

MS FS 2020 | I9-13900K@5.8 GHZ  | 64 GB DDR5 4800mhz |  ASUS TUF RTX 4090 O24G Gaming   | HP Reverb G2 | Navigraph | VATSIM | TPR Pedals | Virpil collective & stick | Honeycomb | 2023: Real life RPL MLA microlight trainee (Ikarus C42CS)

If you want to learn all about the EDM 830 Engine Monitor, follow the link on Youtube. 6 Learning Modules.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

This plane.....  has inspired me to tackle Adobe Substance Painter....  released my first SP paint today for the Comanche

https://flightsim.to/file/59046/n7348p-for-a2a-comanche

It's not a custom reg version but I'll probably make one I suppose....  it's got some cool retro feels like the Piper logo on the fuselage which turned out really nice!

53089213473_5c1743fca9_h.jpgUntitled-6 by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr

• Like 18
  • Upvote 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Late to the party, but wow, what an amazing piece of art this plane is. Cant fly anything else unless its accusim. Just the little things like wing flex is really cool. The sounds, the feel, and the turbulence is so much better than anything else out there, cant really find any more words to praise this thing. Thank you A2A, i knew it was worth the wait:)

• Like 5

7 hours ago, ryanbatc said:

This plane.....  has inspired me to tackle Adobe Substance Painter....  released my first SP paint today for the Comanche

https://flightsim.to/file/59046/n7348p-for-a2a-comanche

It's not a custom reg version but I'll probably make one I suppose....  it's got some cool retro feels like the Piper logo on the fuselage which turned out really nice!

53089213473_5c1743fca9_h.jpgUntitled-6 by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr

A dandy!

Thanks

sp

A co-op paint with the exterior meticulously crafted by @Tim-HH and interior by yours truly

(Based off the real one)

Nearly finished

53095953763_359f93f837_h.jpgUntitled-9 by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr

53095953773_29b460fffc_h.jpgUntitled-22 by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr

Edited by ryanbatc
  • Like 9

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

13 minutes ago, ryanbatc said:

A co-op paint with the exterior meticulously crafted by @Tim-HH and interior by yours truly

(Based off the real one)

Nearly finished

Untitled-9 by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr

Untitled-22 by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr

Nice Ryan and @Tim-HH!!  Make sure you're not painting more than you're flying!   I've gotten into that mode in the past...but between testing for PMDG and other projects, not much time to paint.  Will fly this paint when she releases though...very beautiful livery!   

• Like 1

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

2 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

Nice Ryan and @Tim-HH!!  Make sure you're not painting more than you're flying!   I've gotten into that mode in the past...but between testing for PMDG and other projects, not much time to paint.  Will fly this paint when she releases though...very beautiful livery!   

I don't know about Tim for sure but I suspect we're both painting more 😂

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |