Sign in to follow this  
grandfred29

Fenix block 2 delayed

2 hours ago, Vitold69 said:

Just want to clarify. Is A320 Block 2 including both CFM and IAE engines and sharklets FREE for current customers of A320 Block 1?

Yes, but without the sharklets. They'll come at another time, IIRC Aamir said they'll come around the beginning of next year and shortly after that the A319 and A321. That's the plan at least.

3 hours ago, Andrew2448 said:

And yes all free.

I really hope sharklets will be free. 

As for 319 and 321. Any guess will it be one package or two? Probably two. They can get more money in this case.

Is it 321CEO with both engine variants and sharklets?

1 hour ago, Vitold69 said:

As for 319 and 321. Any guess will it be one package or two? Probably two. They can get more money in this case.

Sharklets is free

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

1 hour ago, Vitold69 said:

The sharklets will be free. They have mentioned this many times. The sharklets are not on the forseeable future. At one point, they mentioned "early 2024" but after the Discord lost their stomachs over pushing Block 2 a month they have changed their tune. Hopoefully, after the A319 releases they all take a nice break to rest up.

The A319/321 will be one package. The price is around $50USD for the pair.

10 hours ago, Vitold69 said:

Why not simply do some reading at the source?

https://fenixsim.com/blog/entries/2023-08-05_v2_rollout/

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

As we approach 3 weeks, I must confess I haven’t really spent a lot of time on Discord. Have there been any morsels to feed our ravenous appetites for news about Fifi? Also, has there been an update to utilize the new Aviation Wx data?

Ta- C

PS- for those waiting to castigate the next inquirer, please remember that even Aamir has stopped by here regularly and I am excited about Fifi’s new wardrobe.

• Like 1

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

22 minutes ago, cavaricooper said:

Have there been any morsels to feed our ravenous appetites for news about Fifi?

Nope. Just dropped by there 10 minutes ago to report on a METAR problem that seems to be connected to some changes made on NOAA's side which renders the EFB and MCDU METAR readout useless. No news on development.

It's really not their style to give many microupdates on progress.

22 minutes ago, Farlis said:

They have learned their lesson from the last time they gave an update. I expect one day this will just drop.

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, Farlis said:

Yeah, no lengthy word salads.  Just actual updates.

One thing is for sure, they are working their @sses off.

Someone from the team mentioned the manhours booked collectively for last month and it was in the tens of thousands. It's coming, but they won't say anything until they're ready to push the upload button.

P.S. bear in mind these guys have not been paid after the initial release (which to be fair must have been extremely successful) so if you want to support the Fenix team for more add-ons in the future you have to buy the upcoming expansion packages for A319 and A321. I know it's a day one purchase for me personally.

Edited by Makinen11
  • Like 10

12 hours ago, Makinen11 said:

P.S. bear in mind these guys have not been paid after the initial release (which to be fair must have been extremely successful) so if you want to support the Fenix team for more add-ons in the future you have to buy the upcoming expansion packages for A319 and A321. I know it's a day one purchase for me personally.

These guys are paid because the initial release is for sell on their site, and it's selling quite well in my opinion. So, are we waiting for another hype waiting month?

Missing the PMDG DC6 in MSFS 2020 (she's here, but...).

19 hours ago, Makinen11 said:

bear in mind these guys have not been paid after the initial release

Umm can you elaborate on that?

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

Some exciting new information from Aamir on Discord regarding the detail of the new engine model:

ngl I am a little worried with the new engine model and people that don't read or pay attention to stuff. the amount of support tickets is gonna suck 😄

There's a _lot_ more stuff to be worried about now.

Especially if you like IAEs <:LUL:>

I'll give you two examples.

Example 1, applies to all: You start with below recommended Oil qty.

If you try to start the engines without paying attention to whether or not you have enough oil - the EEC/FADEC won't save you, because it doesn't monitor this. Instead, it will consume all the oil there is, and then basically set itself on fire as it continues dumping more fuel to get a start, while the actual internal friction is increasing.

"Why are you not starting!"

> more fuel

"Oh geez it's getting kinda hot"

So, have fun with that.

But Example 2 is my favorite, and what I expect to get a bunch of bug reports about. When it's _hot_.

When it's hot outside, and I mean _hot_ as in _bum sweat_ hot. OAT > 40.   Your IAEs won't autostart 😄

The FADEC will kill the autostart. Because it uses internal scheduling to determine if an EGT exceedance will occur. And, it _won't_ exceed the EGT limit.

But the FADEC will _think_ it's going to. So it will nuke the start. Which means you'll need to use MAN START. But good luck with that too. Because if you do it wrong you'll blow up the engine 😛 For example, if you introduce fuel too early, she's gonna give you a spicy start.

CFMs have a higher exceedence threshold. So they don't have this problem.

[...]

Icing will also break the engine. So again, have fun this winter. If you do a turnaround in somewhere ridiculously cold, you'll get ice on the engine blades. Engine Anti-Ice is only on the cowl. You'll need to monitor N1 Vib. And then do the Ice Shed proc. Otherwise, if you don't - you'll get surges. If it surges, and you leave it in high power, you'll break the engine.

All roads lead to rome.

Or broken engine. 🙂

Also, you'll get compressor stalls if you don't pay attention to your x-wind and tail-wind limits.

While this can sound worrying for people who just want to fly, @Lucky38i says: "the ECAM is relatively smart at outputting steps to resolve issues and then there's an FCOM but like Maestro said, in majority of situations you don't need to worry about much."

I suppose the great thing for anyone who damages an engine on the Block 2 Fenix will be the maintenance page in the MCDU. Just click the CLR button, then LSK next to 'Broken engine' and instantly an $11.1m replacement will appear on wing. I may become very experienced to that process! 😄

To finish, someone else said that this much info must mean the new engines are coming very soon. Aamir's reply was "No, I'm just happy with what we're producing tbh."

• Like 6

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

23 minutes ago, F737MAX said:

To finish, someone else said that this much info must mean the new engines are coming very soon. Aamir's reply was "No, I'm just happy with what we're producing tbh."

Also said that he doesn’t care about timelines anymore, so IMO they’re starting to walk back the October announcement. At this point they should probably just stop giving those timelines. They lose no matter what but at least “it’s done when it’s done” is more accurate and realistic. I’m not expecting V2 in October anymore and definitely find it difficult to believe they’ll get the 319/321 out this year.