Sign in to follow this  
Egbert Drenth

Blacksquare TBM 850 released

How does this bird stack up against the fidelity of the A2A Comanche as a 3rd party add on?

Thomas Derbyshire

22 minutes ago, sidfadc said:

How does this bird stack up against the fidelity of the A2A Comanche as a 3rd party add on?

Hard to compare since they are so different.. but in my opinion, they are both examples of the very best in GA aircraft available for MSFS.  Both addons are created by committed developers and show an almost fanatical dedication to getting every detail right.  I am happy that I own both.  At present I am flying the TBM pretty much all the time..

Edited by Bert Pieke
  • Like 10

Bert

59 minutes ago, sidfadc said:

Also you can download the manual and see what features there are

https://dxhb0it26is40.cloudfront.net/manuals/BKSQ_TBM850Manual.pdf

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

46 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

Hard to compare since they are so different.. but in my opinion, they are both examples of the very best in GA aircraft available for MSFS.  Both addons are created by committed developers and show an almost fanatical dedication to getting every detail right.  I am happy that I own both.  At present I am flying the TBM pretty much all the time..

Agreed. I use the Comanche to buzz around a lot of local strips. With the TBM I've been downloading a bunch of freeware/payware airports all over the PNW and hoping all over the place for the last week. Having the speed to get places quickly along with the ability to get in and out of short trips has me flying nothing but the TBM currently. I haven't had this much fun in a new aircraft release in a long time. 

• Like 1

13600K @ 5.6 | Gigabyte Windforce 4090 | LG C2 42"

1 hour ago, sidfadc said:

I think the 850 is running into the limits of MSFS's turboprop modelling which holds it back a little bit compared to the Comanche, but it's still one of the very best planes so far for MSFS.

Does the user have any control over potential failure modes with thisTBM 850? For example, are all the failure modes always active, or can you disable some or all failures either at the sim level or with an aircraft specific setting?

Thanks,

Al

Edited by ark

34 minutes ago, ark said:

Does the user have any control over potential failure modes with thisTBM 850? For example, are all the failure modes always active, or can you disable some or all failures either at the sim level or with an aircraft specific setting?

Thanks,

Al

You can turn failures off and even reset them in the air.  All Black Square aircraft allow you to customize the amount, timing, and type of failures.  This setting is within the weather radar menu in the cockpit, NOT accessible in the MSFS menus. 

TBM Failure modeling and usage

• Like 2

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

Both the TBM and Comanche are first class.

The only advantage of the TBM is it’s a sexier aircraft compared to the Comanche, it just depends on what you’re in the mood for, and as moods tend to change … you need both.

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

I know several of Steveo‘s videos have been posted here already, but I always found this to be one of his very best, where he goes into detail about everything he’s doing through each phase of flight!

I just noticed he even explains something that caught me off guard yesterday when I accidentally over-torqued the engine while pulling the RPM back for cruise.

https://youtu.be/TAcLd0h2PHk?si=iV7Lk1xlENBQDNOQ

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Redge said:

I just noticed he even explains something that caught me off guard yesterday when I accidentally over-torqued the engine while pulling the RPM back for cruise.

For me, it is nudging into 850 HP mode without backing off first - it shoots all the way up to 130%

On the verge of purchasing this aircraft but since I almost exclusively fly Flysimware´s C414 I would like to know how the TBM compares quality wise with the Cessna...

Iñigo Bildarratz

I have both the 414 and this (as well as the Comanche for reference). I've not been able to put this one down since I got it. The systems are great (and more complete I'd say, than the 414), the immersion is fantastic, and I also really like the handling (although I understand that it's about to get a big overhaul in an update later this week). The performance numbers are also really good, and are within a couple of percent of the figures calculated by ForeFlight when planning a flight.

One little thing I love about the 414 was the feeling and sounds of landing, with a beautiful touchdown sound. The 850 has an almost identical sound, and it's one of those things I find really satisfying about it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

For me, it is nudging into 850 HP mode without backing off first - it shoots all the way up to 130%

So far I've just gotten in the habit of having the inertial separator on for all takeoffs, then when I go into 850 mode it won't rocket too high. At that point I can turn off the inertial separator and slowly manage the torque as it closes.

13600K @ 5.6 | Gigabyte Windforce 4090 | LG C2 42"

Hey Guys,

I have been thinking about picking this up and have been watching quite a bit of content on the BS TBM 850 and the real one with Stevo1Kinevo. Lots of positive reviews and she does look like an awesome addon.

I downloaded the manual last night to have a read and saw that there are 2 options if you want the GTN 750, a free version and a paid version. Is the free version a good choice or is the paid version the recommended option? I would like to have the option of more modern avionics with the GTN 750 as well as the old school avionics

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png