Sign in to follow this  
V1ROTA7E

SmartSky AI

• Like 2

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

It’s not that often that I feel immerse without barrier in a demo. The BeyondATC trigger my interest but they were something that bring me back to a sim. The preview video of SmartSky didn’t. Certainly because it matches my sim usage (VFR, US) 🙂

I definitely have a « radar contact » with this promising addon.

• Like 3

Vincent B.

Check my MSFS sceneries : https://flightsim.to/profile/vbazillio/uploads

A big part of it is the static and background noise with natural pauses. MSFS seemed to have (static) at release but is it me or has this also gone since some SU's ago? I don't understand why Asobo keeps removing the immersive details that made the sim what it was at release (also referring to clouds/weather) that have been dumbed down since release. Such a shame!

But yes, this looks promising.

42 minutes ago, KERNEL32 said:

MSFS seemed to have (static) at release but is it me or has this also gone since some SU's ago?

It's still there, make sure you have VHF signal degradation enabled

kac0287.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KERNEL32 said:

I don't understand why Asobo keeps removing the immersive details that made the sim what it was at release

[100% hypothesis theory] 

Because Microsoft/Asobo has decided to stop the dev (except minor fix in the next SU) on this ATC feature ATC. They prefer rebuilding everything from scratch and made it as a killing new feature in MSFS2024. Microsoft, as Chat-GPT investor, will also use extensively API, to make the ATC more realistic... Like SmartSky.AI.

Edited by vbazillio
  • Upvote 1

Vincent B.

Is this just for the US, does anyone know?

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

2 minutes ago, Alvega said:

Is this just for the US, does anyone know?

Yeah, US only. It seems dev is willing to expand to EU but doesn't know how ATC works in Europe so it would need assistance in that... Right now focused in getting a mvp out the door....

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Bond said:

It seems dev is willing to expand to EU but doesn't know how ATC works in Europe so it would need assistance in that

I did submit a Beta application as I'm a leisure VFR pilot with +1000 hours flying in US and France, and passionate by ATC communication. Wait&See.

• Like 1

Vincent B.

Sounds good, but as with all these ATC programs they give the exact wind eg 169 @15, where as in reality it would be rounded to the nearest 10 so that would be 170 @ 15, it’s only a simple thing but it’s enough to break the reality.

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

In case someone is wondering:

Any information on your business model, I suppose this will be a subscription based model?

I wish there were some other way.. But yeah.. no choice here.. between the voices and GPT-4, I don't think I've got any choice but to make it a subscription. No idea what it will cost yet. That's part of what the beta testing will help me figure out. I make plenty of money with my day-job.. just need to cover my costs.

• Like 1

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

2 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

It's still there, make sure you have VHF signal degradation enabled

kac0287.png

That option is awful, it creates a static in the headset even when someone isn’t speaking, and is just plain annoying. Like you haven’t tuned the radio properly back in the day.