Sign in to follow this  
V1ROTA7E

SmartSky AI

1 hour ago, jon b said:

Sounds good, but as with all these ATC programs they give the exact wind eg 169 @15, where as in reality it would be rounded to the nearest 10 so that would be 170 @ 15, it’s only a simple thing but it’s enough to break the reality.

This seems like an issue that could be corrected VERY easily in code.

I think it seems like a good start.  Since its US only I can be real critical hehe.  There's lot of odd phraseology in the video from the AI.

"Taxi to runway" etc.  It's now "runway XX, taxi via (route)"

Going from approach to center with flight following would be more like "diamond 12345 leaving class bravo airspace, contact salt lake center on xxx.xx". 

Cold calling a tower, you'd be responsible for obtaining the ATIS prior to entry.  They'll give you the wind (rounded to the nearest 10 as someone else said haha), but it's not typical to be issued altimeter as well.  That may be a workaround for the sim though.

At the end it's possible the local controller could taxi someone in right to the ramp.  But there would be a route.  Like "diamond 12345 taxi to the ramp via A. Remain this frequency."

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

A good news that there is new competitors involved in realistic ATC programming, the bad news is that all of them using AI will go to the subscription path.

And what about different languages? AI should handle this easily I suppose, at least for the most common.

Roland

MSFS my local airport release: LFOR Chartres-Metropole

MSFS Plugins RAAS (registered FSUIPC7 required)

MSFS FX for Objects & Landmark in France (Steam and smoke) and Aerial coverage for French nuclear sites

2 hours ago, roland_lfor said:

And what about different languages? AI should handle this easily I suppose, at least for the most common.

English is the established language of ATC, so translation should not be an issue.

-B

I know English is the official ATC language however, at least in France, all VFR dialogs are in French, and also IFR when pilots are French. Maybe it's French specific?

Roland

MSFS FX for Objects & Landmark in France (Steam and smoke) and Aerial coverage for French nuclear sites

Just now, roland_lfor said:

I know English is the official ATC language however, at least in France, all VFR dialogs are in French, and also IFR when pilots are French. Maybe it's French specific?

Probably why they’ve had so many close calls in Paris the last few years. Ticking time bomb. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Probably why they’ve had so many close calls in Paris the last few years. Ticking time bomb. 

Sorry, I don't understand this. I think I should stay in French zone, as our pilots :uwe_melk:

Roland

23 minutes ago, roland_lfor said:

As I understand the french ATC will frequently speak in French to local pilots but I were to fly VFR in France, they'd legally have to speak English with me, or any other pilot speaking English.

• Upvote 2

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Interesting - I will keep an eye on this. It seems like it will be out sooner than BATC (similar subscription price model) and maybe sooner than VoxATC as well (likely not subscription?).

I heard the other traffic, but was it injected into the sim as well? I may have missed it, but I didn't see the Bonanza that was told to wait because of traffic on final when coming in to land. If it's only on the radio, that's a plus, but not seeing it as well, could be an issue.

I wonder if any of these periodically hyped new ATC addons like FSHud, VoxATC, BeyondATC and now this will see the light of day before Microsoft comes up with the announcement that they have been working on an all new ATC engine for years and that MSFS2024 will come with a "study level" ATC / AI system based on machine learning including a plethora of state of the art AI voices all out of the box...

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, RALF9636 said:

I wonder if any of these periodically hyped new ATC addons like FSHud, VoxATC, BeyondATC and now this will see the light of day before Microsoft comes up with the announcement that they have been working on an all new ATC engine for years and that MSFS2024 will come with a "study level" ATC / AI system based on machine learning including a plethora of state of the art AI voices all out of the box...

Maybe Asobo / MS has been working on a super-duper-everything-is-perfect-right-out-of-the-box default ATC for MSFS2024...
Or perhaps they haven't.

It's good to see so many options are in the pipeline as anything less than perfect from Microsobo leaves the door open for the 3PDs to give us something better.
We'll just have to see.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

1 hour ago, ryanbatc said:

As I understand the french ATC will frequently speak in French to local pilots but I were to fly VFR in France, they'd legally have to speak English with me, or any other pilot speaking English.

Thats my experience. I suppose the point is thought that if you dont speak French, your situational awareness is compromised by not understanding some of the radio calls which may be to traffic in your close vacinity.

• Upvote 2

I have listened to Brazilian ATC and they will speak Portuguese to Brazilian pilots, but to an American pilot, English.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

They should make it free for anybody whose last name starts with F 😑

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

13 hours ago, ryanbatc said:

I think it seems like a good start.  Since its US only I can be real critical hehe.  There's lot of odd phraseology in the video from the AI.

I HOPE you’ve signed up for the beta! Would love to have a real controller’s input. 

Eddie
KABQ