Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

For FSL Concorde owners...

Please, 

List the 3 best and 3 worst aspects of the addon... And what you expect from future updates...

• Upvote 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Yes please. I would love to read that myself.

• Upvote 1

Vic green

2 hours ago, jcomm said:

Please, 

List the 3 best and 3 worst aspects of the addon... And what you expect from future updates...

Three best…

1) The interaction between the virtual crew members in starting up the aircraft systems from C&D to takeoff and beyond. You don’t feel alone as the captain.

2) The HP200 computer is very clever and is your main entry point to loading a plan and everything being calculated to successfully fly it.

3) No longer necessary to load additional waypoints into the INS (max is 9) as this is now handled by your virtual FO.

Three worst…

1) It’s very resource hungry. RAM usage reaches 24Gb when the HP200 computer is loaded up and systems are initiated. But it never crashed on me with 32 Gb RAM.

2) performance is relatively poor with moderate systems. Even with my expensive PC fps can drop below 30 on approach. I do have AIG Ai though which is adding to the load. Extensive work is required to improve performance. My CPU runs hotter than with the PMDG737. You’ll need good cooling.

3) Most aspects of the aircraft systems are locked down and the user cannot currently manage fuel themselves. Allowing this has been promised but no indication of when. Consequently I have little to do once Mach 1.7 is reached and MAX CLIMB is engaged.

As for the future I would expect improvements in performance. Giving users the option to handle aspects of system control themselves.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

3 hours ago, jcomm said:

Please, 

….And what you expect from future updates...

Are there going to be updates in the short to medium term?

I was under the impression they were ramping up development of MSFS products now they’ve got Concorde out the door?

• Like 1

I hope they employ a better graphic artist for the VC in MSFS. While it is a vast improvement on the original, the VC to me still looks rather cartoonish.

• Like 1

David Porrett

If we are being honest FSL are not known for their graphical prowess

• Like 1

Ray got the point very well, I'll just add my own:

Best:

Beside HP200, the manual/doc is very nice, at least for me I don't need to find other docs to get it a going.

Worst:

It doesn't came with enough interface for Hardware binding, for example I can't use my home made DirectInput MCP to control it's FCP rotary.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DavidP said:

I hope they employ a better graphic artist for the VC in MSFS. While it is a vast improvement on the original, the VC to me still looks rather cartoonish.

Absolutely - 3D model and texturing are of very low level ( subjective ), for me hard to accept those for given price and year 2023/2024.

Edited by Beardyman
  • Like 2

Artur 

One quirk is how to view the Marilake display in the passenger cabin. Initially I used ChasePlane to move backwards from the flight deck but that just resulted in seeing a large white blob where the cabin should be.

It is actually configured as an outside view so having switched to one I moved the camera through the fuselage into the forward cabin. With some adjustments it then becomes visible. But as others have pointed out it’s not a view that will make you go “wow”. No passengers to be seen but there are cabin sounds.

I believe it’s because of a limitation of the number of objects P3D can display for inside views. It’s only recommended you configure this if your graphics card has more than 12Gb VRAM.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

2 hours ago, Beardyman said:

Absolutely - 3D model and texturing are of very low level ( subjective ), for me hard to accept those for given price and year 2023/2024.

Are you judging from the actual version as installed or from the photos on their site?

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

1 hour ago, IanHarrison said:

Are you judging from the actual version as installed or from the photos on their site?

I have that plane.

Remember years ago FSL asked how many people would buy a new version of Concorde.

They even asked for email confirmation as i remember.

I have fulfilled promise i made, so far i regret but will see how this project will develop.

( i have reported a ton of visual issues on FSL forum - got tired of those )

Edited by Beardyman

Artur 

I am an owner of. the P3D V5 Concorde,

The 3rd point as mentioned by Ray Proudfoot is the reason this plane is gathering dust in the Hangar for me. Unfortunately, locking operation of the main Concorde systems, leaving for the Virtual Flight Engineer to do the job, takes away all the fun from operating this amazing plane. It feels as if a new Sim launched with incredible features, but I am barely allowed to touch anything, and can only watch the latest gen of AI doing all the job for me. Where is the fun in that?

Edited by Alec
  • Like 3

Alexis Mefano

I’ve just heard back from Andrew and they will be issuing a fix tomorrow for the “stop, stop” call on takeoff. No mention of the accel point problem which is actually more frustrating for me.

Some progress I suppose for which we should be grateful when work has switched to the MSFS version.

• Like 3

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

On 1/22/2024 at 6:48 PM, Ray Proudfoot said:

I’ve just heard back from Andrew and they will be issuing a fix tomorrow for the “stop, stop” call on takeoff. No mention of the accel point problem which is actually more frustrating for me.

Some progress I suppose for which we should be grateful when work has switched to the MSFS version.

I read your posts on FSL forum - you push and beg for attention and fixing obvious bugs... 

I think with this FSL approach, soon group of Concorde active pilots will shrink to you, Andrew W. and couple of active testers.

Edited by Beardyman

Artur 

1 hour ago, Beardyman said:

I read your posts on FSL forum - you push and beg for attention and fixing obvious bugs... 

I think with this FSL approach, soon group of Concorde active pilots will shrink to you, Andrew W. and couple of active testers.

The amount of chatter has dropped significantly. Either people are patient and putting up with the problems or they’re not flying Concorde. I have no idea which it is and if I do post something I fear Lefteris will shut discussion down.

Are you flying it? Seeing the same issues as me?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather