Sign in to follow this  
lwt1971

Fenix A320 V2 Block2 features deep dive video

These guys don't exist. What a demonstration of epicness.

• Like 8

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

1 hour ago, Matt Webb said:

Wow!!!   Glad they sorted external hardware support!     Really appreciate that.

That really is the icing on the cake with all of this.  Hopefully Marcin from Skalarki won’t be long to release drivers so there’s no need for third party payware / subscription solutions any longer.

• Like 4

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Well done guys. I appreciate how much work is put into the software and how it just raises the bar and we all benefit in the end.  Looking forward to the A321.

• Like 4

So is it looking better than the FSLabs version now?

• Like 2

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

8 minutes ago, Krakin said:

Too early to say. Best to let people with previous experience of the FSLabs A320 try the Fenix Block 2 and report back. In terms of MSFS though, surely it's a given that it will become the all-round preeminent airliner?

One thing I picked-up on was regarding Block 2 performance. It's *similar* to the build we have now and the team are pretty happy overall, but "feel that there's a little bit more on the table for optimisation."

Again, we'll have to see what that means. Though, after losing about 10 FPS following SU14, I wouldn't want to be losing any more. That's the only potential negative in a thoroughly enjoyable features reveal/explainer video.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

2 hours ago, Krakin said:

It's been a long time since I used P3D but did have the FSL A320 for it back then, and already in V1 form the Fenix A320 + MSFS combo beats the FSL A320 + P3D combo handily for me (as an overall experience), despite the issues in engine simulation fidelity etc in V1. I think with V2 Block 2 it's at least safe to say hopefully FSL for their sake are working on an A330 or something other than the A32x for MSFS 🙂. I think Fenix will be the #1 go-to for high fidelity payware A32x. And I like the stated goal of Fenix to "build this into the best A320 simulation out there", they well might get there with Block 2, or consequent updates/enhancements, and especially when paired with MSFS 2024.

I'd keep a close watch on experts like V1-Simulations and 320 Sim Pilot to give their expert opinions on Fenix Block 2 and comparisons to FSL, since they're both IRL 320 captains and also experienced simmers having used the FSL and various other aircraft on various sims.

On a side note, hope Fenix quickly adopt the FM parameters to utilize the ground handling improvements if those come in SU15. Depending on the SU15 and Block 2 releases timelines, Fenix might be even able to utilize the FM parameters on initial release (same hope goes for the coming PMDG 777 hehe)

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 4

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

Nice progress.

The only things i currently need to have more fun with the Fenix:

- full support of my Honeycomb autopilot controls without further 3rd party software

- better performance (still missing 10 fps to other aircraft)

- having the MCDU on my tablet (workarounds still cost me 20 fps)

Regards, Jan Ast

Win 11 PC | Ryzen 7800 X3D | RTX 3080 Ti | LG 42 C2
Cockpit 😉 | TrackIR 5 | Octavia IFR-1 | Virpil Alpha on WarBRD, Virpil CM3 Throttle, Virpil Sharka Control Panel | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | TM TPM Rudder

Well. Fenix is superior to all other developers and with B2 they will put some distance between them and all other developers who charge money for their second-class products like PMDG or Aerosoft.

This is a good sign.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Absolutely amazing work!!! Thanks to @Aamir and the whole Fenix-team.

I don't know what to say anymore. The Fenix is already an amazing piece of simulation! And now they've just pushed the limits even further...

The only thing I could find, was that all the seat-belts were lying in the same manner, in the cabin. 😄

Thanks and congratz to the team! Can't wait to fly it.

• Like 2

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

I'm going to migrate to MSFS when "2024" comes out, but at the moment with this Airbus (even if it's only the A320) it's difficult to continue using the P3D+FSLabs platform.

I'll have to learn to live without Chaseplane and ActiveSky and deal with the fact that there's no historical weather.

Edited by Juliett Alfa Romeo
  • Like 1

12400F - 32GB DDR4 - RTX4070 - 1440p G-Sync UltraWide - Sennheiser GSX 1000 - O11 Air Mini - 1TB NVMe + 2TB SSD - Windows 11 Pro - Prepar3D 5.4 and MSFS

1 hour ago, anden145 said:

Absolutely amazing work!!! Thanks to @Aamir and the whole Fenix-team.

I don't know what to say anymore. The Fenix is already an amazing piece of simulation! And now they've just pushed the limits even further...

The only thing I could find, was that all the seat-belts were lying in the same manner, in the cabin. 😄

Thanks and congratz to the team! Can't wait to fly it.

That's the well-trained cabin crew being methodical 🙂

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Rob Jones.

Any news about the release?

Missing the PMDG DC6 in MSFS 2020 (she's here, but...).