Sign in to follow this  
DAD

Fenix A320 Block 2 is released

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, F737MAX said:

Just a thought, were winds aloft in MSFS the same direction and strength as per SimBrief OFP?

17 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

So at least that means that the fuel consumptions is fixed. Previously you'd have always more landing fuel than the simbrief OFP predicted, as much as 2000-3000 kg too much in the worst case. Now that seems fixed if you had less than OFP calculated. How much less was it? And was that explainable via events on your flight? (runway change with longer SID / STAR etc.)

Winds aloft were more or less the same with the normal slight deviations.

I edited my comment because I'm not sure if it was lower or higher than OFP landing fuel. I paid most attention to the FMGC predictions. I'll keep a closer eye on it next time.

Edited by threexgreen

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

17 hours ago, Treetops45 said:

Ok

I will try that as currently turbulence is on Medium.

T45

Took turbulence back to low & flew KBOS to KJFK on AP, just now.

AP held all the way until I was at 2,000' and on approach to Rwy 22R, about 20 miles out, when it quit.

Paused flight, re engaged AP, unpaused. It held for about 15 seconds, then quit again.

Did this a couple more times with same result, no AP.

Not sure why AP quit, no sudden maneuvers etc.

Hope they can fix this soon.

T45

I experienced one AP failure at TO… unable to engage… hand flew the departure, activated SEC FPLN and returned all manual. She hand files beautifully. It was a one off so I attributed it to Asobo… maybe not… I know they are reading and reviewing.. so I shall wait and see.

ZERO COMPLAINTS RE. THIS UPDATE- BZ!

• Like 3

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

16 minutes ago, cavaricooper said:

I experienced one AP failure at TO… unable to engage… hand flew the departure, activated SEC FPLN and returned all manual. She hand files beautifully. It was a one off so I attributed it to Asobo… maybe not… I know they are reading and reviewing.. so I shall wait and see.

It's a bug that Fenix is aware of and going to solve. In the meantime, see the Common Issues channel in the discord for a workaround. 

• Like 1

Thanks for that… I do my best to avoid Discord… a bit frenetic for me. So appreciate Aamir stopping by here from time to time. I am sure they are all over it.

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Had the AP not engaging. Had to put dead zone in rudder axis.

Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, chapstick said:

It's a bug that Fenix is aware of and going to solve. In the meantime, see the Common Issues channel in the discord for a workaround. 

Yes, and if moving sidestick+rudder doesn’t resolve issue, AT off then idle=>climb thrust then AT on usually does. Of course this is not ideal if on final approach.

Edited by Cpt_Piett
  • Like 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

Posted (edited)

Just wondering  if it is possible to run Block 1 and 2 at the same time same PC  ( i have both installers saved)

Block 2 is great - just miss the old cabin design and liveries

Edited by planechaser

Developer commentary on Discord:

David:

Hey all. We've spent the weekend collating and investigating various issues from the initial Block 2 release, and are working on fixing and improving several aspects of the product, including but not limited to:

- CTDs and initialisation issues

- Lower performance on some systems (especially in exterior view)

- AP disconnecting in flight/not being able to engage AP

- Livery manager on the strugglebus with 4K liveries

- Weights being incorrect when using lbs

- Auto catering/minor GSX issues

- Better response from the brakes when using a button rather than an axis (along with incremental thrust handling improvements) 

If you've experienced an issue and don't see it above, don't worry, we're tracking a whole lot more than this, but these are the highlights I felt important to share that are being actively worked on.

We hope our first patch will be out at the end of this week, or early next week.

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

BTW, if someone here is capable enough, SU15 brought new values for ground handling. Maybe someone can take look of some temporary less annoying ground frication till Fenix guys will use them officially. 

Roi Ben

33 minutes ago, planechaser said:

Just wondering  if it is possible to run Block 1 and 2 at the same time same PC  ( i have both installers saved)

Block 2 is great - just miss the old cabin design and liveries

It won't work it will just overwrite.

Posted (edited)

What does the "Incremental Thrust Handling" option do, in the EFB's settings?

I know it's probably something obvious but I've not figured it out yet, and being a naughty boy, haven't read the manual.

[EDIT]:  Found it in the KB.  Some sort of setting to help users using a gamepad, to prevent the throttles 'jumping between detents'.

Edited by JYW

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

6 minutes ago, JYW said:

What does the "Incremental Thrust Handling" option do, in the EFB's settings?

I know it's probably something obvious but I've not figured it out yet, and being a naughty boy, haven't read the manual.

It's used for some controllers so they don't just slam visually into the detents. 

For example, the Bravo profile I have with Spad, Incremental Thrust Handling allows it to have a smooth transition into full reverse.

The Bravo doesn't have reversers so it needs to get cute.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BrammyH said:

It's used for some controllers so they don't just slam visually into the detents. 

For example, the Bravo profile I have with Spad, Incremental Thrust Handling allows it to have a smooth transition into full reverse.

The Bravo doesn't have reversers so it needs to get cute.

Thanks Brammy.    I just read it in the Knowledge Base, just as you posted!

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

1 hour ago, cavaricooper said:

Thanks for that… I do my best to avoid Discord… a bit frenetic for me. So appreciate Aamir stopping by here from time to time. I am sure they are all over it.

If in case you don't already know, check out https://kb.fenixsim.com/ where issues/workarounds/etc are documented

• Like 3

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD