Sign in to follow this  
cianpars

SU 15 postponed again?

26 minutes ago, Ojisan_alpha said:

Wouldn't surprise me - a word about your hardware and your settings if you've got the time?

Ryzen 5800x3d, rtx4090, 32gigs ram

TLOD 400, OLOD 200, DLAA Frame Gen On, Res 4k.

Using Dlss and Frame Gen 3.7.

• Upvote 1

Baber

My Youtube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/HDOnlive

1 hour ago, B777ER said:

In typical Jorg / Asobo fashion, they have utterly confused the situation and don’t understand that the DX12 bug is bleed through of tiles at airports and the other bug is the tile popping that occurs all over the world with DX11 and DX12. I give up with them.

Relax

Reworked the rendering of the world tiles to avoid graphical glitches under DX12

This is a generalized statement but the issue in question is specific to DX12. What else do you think it is?

• Like 4

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

1 hour ago, Ixoye said:

In order to get the same drawing distance with the latest Beta, I have to choose TLOD 300 instead of 200, yes I have tried going back to SU14 and found out that this is the case, my computer manages to keep the performance at a high level anyway, but everyone has not that luxury.

Why would they intentionally do this at this point in time?

• Upvote 1

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

13 minutes ago, Noel said:

Because more and more sophisticated, high poly aircraft are becoming available on Xbox through the market place.

Performance on the Xbox S is becoming more and more marginal.

They’re working hard to make the sim work across all its platforms.

In a way MSFS 2020 is becoming a victim of it’s own success. Lots of people will tell you the sim doesn’t sell like a triple A game such as GTA and FIFA soccer and that’s true but they’re either one-off transactions or after initial purchase it’s micro transactions.

Transactions on the market place are relatively large; $10 to $50 a pop and human nature being what it is, we like our new shiny things. MSFS is a commercial success. The market place keeps giving as far as Microsoft are concerned and those customers in Xbox land are a very important part of the equation.

They’ve got to be kept happy along with the rest of us.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, DD_Arthur said:

They’re working hard to make the sim work across all its platforms.

But they shouldn't....Have two builds... One build for PC and one for Xbox. PCs are getting penalized by Xbox...Of course, easier said than done but I really wish they would try to do this in the future. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Discord | YouTube | Facebook

34" Odyssey OLED G8 175Hz | 3440X1440 | AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | PNY VERTO OC GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER 16 GB | G.Skill Flare X5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F GAMING WIFI ATX AM5 | Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 | ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler | Fractal Design North XL ATX Full Tower Case

3 minutes ago, iFlySimX said:

One build for PC and one for Xbox.

they do

2 hours ago, RaptyrOne said:

"DX12 aerial pop-in" is not how I would describe ground tiles disappearing at airports. But let's hop

Comments on the official forums are reporting it fixed at airports where they've noticed it before.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, B777ER said:

In typical Jorg / Asobo fashion, they have utterly confused the situation and don’t understand that the DX12 bug is bleed through of tiles at airports and the other bug is the tile popping that occurs all over the world with DX11 and DX12. I give up with them.

No, they do specifically mention the DX12 tile issues here (fixed at last - hooray! :biggrin:). 
They seem to think they have fixed the DX11 tile popping earlier in the beta run - as we suspected it was an issue with two lots of data clashing from the server (paraphrasing their answer there). 
They seem to think the DX11 one is already fixed anyway, I can't confirm yet as I am testing DX12 now.  Of course, they thought they had fixed it once before! :unsure:

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

1 hour ago, roi1862 said:

And it seems ground texture tearing under DX12 is really gone 🙂 

Oh my!

That would be wonderful, if it's truly fixed.  I remain cautiously optimistic

What is this mention of a recent livestream about this issue?  @outermarker was their a developer livestream that visually showed Asobo this problem at airports?  When was this livestream?

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

How do you leave the BETA cycles without having to reinstall everything? Wait for the official SU15 in this case and THEN leave?

Thanks.

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

49 minutes ago, Noel said:

Who knows.

This is how it looks on my PC:

spacer.png

FSLTL aircraft, KJFK, OLOD 200, all Ultra at 4k.
FPS hardly over 35 with Frame Generation.

IN SU14 everything's fine, FPS over 45. Identical settings.

Posted (edited)

What is your perf with no FSLTL?  Strikes me that is the real culprit here. Perhaps it’s time for the author todo a little performance tweaking just like Asobo has just done. I say this never having run FSLTL but poor performance report do seem to have that application in common.

Just a personal observation, not in any way a fact.

-B

Edited by btacon

13 minutes ago, Nuno Pinto said:

How do you leave the BETA cycles without having to reinstall everything? Wait for the official SU15 in this case and THEN leave?

Thanks.

Yes.

• Like 1

Performance on this evenings latest beta build is excellent.

• Like 3