Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The AVSIM Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

9 American things catching on in Britain.

Featured Replies

1 Avsim website.

2-9 in video below:

5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, one or two 1440p 32" screens, 64 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, VKB NXT EVO stick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel. Crystal Light VR.

 

  • Replies 51
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Paul K
    Paul K

    I don't mind, as long as we don't start saying 'I could care less'. 😡

  • JRMurray
    JRMurray

    Ugh. As a Canadian, I sometimes hear "zee," but for the most part, I think the great majority of Canadians say "zed." I sure do.

  • Mike A
    Mike A

    Sounds like a name of a farmhand on “Green Acres”.

  • Moderator

I heard a BBC Newsreader refer to “Gen Zee” when she should have said “Gen Zed”. 😡😡

Ray (Cheshire, England).

System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke, Fulcrum Throttle Quadrant.

Cheadle Hulme Weather website.

chlive.php

3 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I heard a BBC Newsreader refer to “Gen Zee” when she should have said “Gen Zed”. 😡😡

Ugh. As a Canadian, I sometimes hear "zee," but for the most part, I think the great majority of Canadians say "zed." I sure do.

Joel Murray @ CYVR (actually, somewhere about halfway between CYNJ and CZBB) 

And pronouncing Amazon as AM -A-ZON, instead of AM - a - zun.

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

I don't mind, as long as we don't start saying 'I could care less'. 😡

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

15 minutes ago, Paul K said:

I don't mind, as long as we don't start saying 'I could care less'. 😡

Agreed. This is just due to ignorance(not in an insulting way), however, and not the American version of that phrase. Same thing applies to the phrase "should of" instead of the correct "should have", which I notice people using all to frequently.

I've watched Brits routinely mangle English pretty badly as well. Many say "I were" instead of "I was", or "I was sat" instead of "I was sitting". Just a few examples.

Dave

Simulator: P3Dv6.1

System Specs: Intel i7 13700K CPU, MSI Mag Z790 Tomahawk Motherboard, 32GB DDR5 6000MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 Video Card, 3x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 SSDs, Windows 11 Home OS

My website for P3D stuff: https://sites.google.com/view/thep3dfiles/home

  • Administrators

Any of us old farts still using irregardless? DUH! And that's Zod!

General Zod (1978 film series character) - Wikipedia

Charlie Aron

AVSIM Board of Directors-ADMIN/Moderator-Registrar

Just going to run a Chromebook and not upgrade to a Windows computer. Too many problems with the new Sims! 😱
Trying to keep peace and harmony and the will of Landru on the site seems to be a full time job!

                          images (1) (1).jpeg

I use irregardless but I have no idea what Zod means. It seems I've lived past my expiration date.

Noel

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

40 minutes ago, birdguy said:

I use irregardless but I have no idea what Zod means. It seems I've lived past my expiration date.

Noel

That's General Zod, an arch enemy of Superman.

Dave

Simulator: P3Dv6.1

System Specs: Intel i7 13700K CPU, MSI Mag Z790 Tomahawk Motherboard, 32GB DDR5 6000MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 Video Card, 3x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 SSDs, Windows 11 Home OS

My website for P3D stuff: https://sites.google.com/view/thep3dfiles/home

  • Author

Incredible = is not credible, cannot be believed in, worthless.

"Hey honey, we won a million dollars"!

"Incredible! Sit down now, Dear, I have the Hamburger Helper almost finished."

5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, one or two 1440p 32" screens, 64 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, VKB NXT EVO stick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel. Crystal Light VR.

 

3 hours ago, birdguy said:

I use irregardless but I have no idea what Zod means. It seems I've lived past my expiration date.

Noel

Zod reminded me of that gawd-awful movie “Zardoz”.

KNEEL BEFORE ZOD

😆

As for Zardoz....the movie Zardoz was just weird. The ultimate in 1970's cheese.

I hope you UK-denizens don't start using too many Americanisms. Keep your own thing! That is what makes us all (and all/various places) wonderful in our own unique way. Take "Restroom" for example. Don't you use loo or WC (watercloset)? I remember in Germany they used WC. I saw that and wondered "what the heck is WC?" -- I found out pretty quickly.

But anyway, I could care less. (heh)

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 96 GB G.Skill Flare ♣ Gigabyte 4090 ♣ Crucial P5 Plus 2TB

  • Administrators
7 hours ago, birdguy said:

I use irregardless but I have no idea what Zod means. It seems I've lived past my expiration date.

Noel

And I have no idea what zed means! Z is pronounced Zee on my planet!

Charlie Aron

AVSIM Board of Directors-ADMIN/Moderator-Registrar

Just going to run a Chromebook and not upgrade to a Windows computer. Too many problems with the new Sims! 😱
Trying to keep peace and harmony and the will of Landru on the site seems to be a full time job!

                          images (1) (1).jpeg

  • Author

aye bee cee dee eee eff gee...

haitch, eye jay kay el em en oh pee

qyu are es tee you and vee

doubleyou exx why and ZED.

(It doesn't even rhyme)! :(

5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, one or two 1440p 32" screens, 64 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, VKB NXT EVO stick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel. Crystal Light VR.

 

  • Author

I have never heard of these in America.

5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, one or two 1440p 32" screens, 64 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, VKB NXT EVO stick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel. Crystal Light VR.

 

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.