Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The AVSIM Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Still using MSfS2020

Featured Replies

Just out of curiosity, has anyone ever done a "compare and contrast" of the autogen buildings in MSFS 2020 and MSFS 2024? I do not remember exactly what the Blackshark autogen buildings looked like in MSFS 2020, but I would be interested to know if they were overall better/the same/worse than the (presumably Microsoft) versions in MSFS 2024.

Christopher Low

AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D CPU / 64GB DDR5-6000 RAM / 12GB Nvidia RTX 4070 Super GPU / Gigabyte X870E Aorus Elite Wifi 7 / 1+2TB Samsung Evo Plus M2 Nvme

UK2000 Beta Tester

  • Replies 70
  • Views 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Yes, will keep 2020, runs great & looks great, if for nothing else but the simpler camera/controller setup.

  • Virtpilot
    Virtpilot

    Still on 2020, enjoying it with my full heart and got no plans moving to 2024.

  • El Diablito
    El Diablito

    How about, the changes for the average user are purely cosmetic and mostly not noticeable to someone who doesn't spend 90% of their time in a sim chasing perfect performance and just like to open the

3 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

Just out of curiosity, has anyone ever done a "compare and contrast" of the autogen buildings in MSFS 2020 and MSFS 2024? I do not remember exactly what the Blackshark autogen buildings looked like in MSFS 2020, but I would be interested to know if they were overall better/the same/worse than the (presumably Microsoft) versions in MSFS 2024.

Pretty similar in most locations, I have found. Compare the cluster of houses and a couple industrial buildings next to the runway in my 2O3 development pics

24 (autogen buildings center-right except the two custom buildings I added at further right)

36cf742286fae5a175e3b081e90fe66e75311a27

20 (center-left, pretty much same style of autogen houses and industrial buildings - some are identical)

aae6ff7871e57e43914c7fd98f1a84b97cc28a52

16 hours ago, mfahey said:

Often in 2020 forum threads people posting talk about the end of the life of 2020...

Those are the usually the people who don't know what they're are talking about in general here. They've been saying MSFS2020 would no longer receive any new addons the past two years now. Meanwhile I'm enjoying both newly released LVFR A380 and Contrail FA50 for MSFS2020 VR lately.

Edited by blueshark747

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

I'm still on 2020. At some point I imagine I'll swap to 2024, particularly as I've heard it really is something special for GA which I mostly fly, but for now my performance is good and stable, and I'm really enjoying taking the Black Square Bonanza all over. Might need to head out West to try Nandengo's fields...

Aorus Master X570 / 5800x3d w/ Arctic Freezer ii 280 / Asus TUF 3090 w/ gigabyte BIOS / 2x16GB b-die @ 3600Mhz 

I flew from KEGE to KORD last night in 2020 and it was a brilliant experience. Just butter from gate to gate with amazing weather visuals on approach.

I reckon I'll be skipping 2024 and waiting for 2028 instead. You just know this money train is gonna keep on rolling and by then I'll have an upgraded rig. 😉

B450 Tomahawk Max / Ryzen 7 5800x3D / RTX 3060ti 8G / Noctua NH-UI21S Max Cooling / 32G Patriot RAM / 1TB NVME / 450G SSD / Thrustmaster TCA & Throttle Quadrant / Xiaomi 32" Wide Curved Monitor 1440p 144hz

  • Author

I agree there will be a 2028 So i will use 2020 until then. By then will have to update my machine

17 hours ago, wan2fly99 said:

I agree there will be a 2028 So i will use 2020 until then. By then will have to update my machine

We'll defiantly have a 2028 year but I don't believe a 2028 sim, unless of course it offers something in the way of groundbreaking tech.

Win10Pro 22H2-19045.7184 IntelCorei7-3770K GigabyteGA-Z68XP-UD3 32GBGSkillCL7-8-8-24 AsusRTX2070OC8GB 1TBCrucialMX500SSD 2 TB PNY CS900 (x3)1TBRAWMushkinSSDs LGBlueRayBurner RosewillChallengerTowerBlack CorsairRM750wPSU X56HOTAS TtesportsCommanderKeyboardMousecombo TrackIR5Pro 34inUltraWideScreenLG2560x1080p TM2xMFDCougar OculusQuest2 InateckKU5211PCIe3.2 LTERIVERPCIeG2S4 TMobileHomeInternet5G

MSI Codex Series R2 B14NUC7-095US Windows 11 Home 26H2 26300.9550 - i7 14700F MSI Pro B760 VC Wifi II RTX 5060ti OC 16GB 32GB DDR5 5600mhz 2TB MSI nVME 4TB Crucial nVME 4TB SPCC SATA SSD P-3 4TB SSD  650w Gold PSU Monitor LG 2560x1080p 34in

Having MSFS 2024 ito look forward to is a good thing. 🫠

dd

Edited by Sky_Pilot071

I'm always behind the curve, I just got train sim 6 for £6 on instant gaming, I play Forza Horizon 4 still. And i use mudrunner rather than snowrunner even though i have it.

I am that annoying gamer that likes to wait till i can get stuff for cheap in steam sales etc.... the gamers that have to get stuff pre order at high prices, pay for gamers like me basically. Neither is the wrong way to do it, so long as that way makes you happy. And getting bargains makes me happy because i'm tight.

Ryzen 7 5800x / RTX 5060 ti 8GB / 32 DDR4 RAM/ Lan Li Dynamic XL case / Lan Li 8.8 screen

I buy a lot of my payware airports in sales. The main reason is because I want a lot of payware airports! I have saved a significant amount of money doing this, but it can be torture at times 🤣

Christopher Low

AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D CPU / 64GB DDR5-6000 RAM / 12GB Nvidia RTX 4070 Super GPU / Gigabyte X870E Aorus Elite Wifi 7 / 1+2TB Samsung Evo Plus M2 Nvme

UK2000 Beta Tester

What has long intrigued me is the fascination some simmers have with airports per se, to the point of their being willing to spend money on detailed hand-crafted versions. I have to wonder how much time they actually spend in flight, as opposed to exploring those airports. And are they similarly fascinated with airports in real life?

One other question, out of idle curiosity: do train-simmers spend their money on add-on train stations (assuming they exist)?

Just asking, not criticizing.

All of my flights are very short, so time spent at airports is a reasonably high percentage of the total time spent in the simulator when starting and finishing at a gate or ramp. I also rotate through all of my airports on a regular basis, so I get my money's worth from them 🙂

Christopher Low

AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D CPU / 64GB DDR5-6000 RAM / 12GB Nvidia RTX 4070 Super GPU / Gigabyte X870E Aorus Elite Wifi 7 / 1+2TB Samsung Evo Plus M2 Nvme

UK2000 Beta Tester

4 hours ago, flightyjoe said:

I'm always behind the curve, I just got train sim 6 for £6 on instant gaming, I play Forza Horizon 4 still. And i use mudrunner rather than snowrunner even though i have it.

I am that annoying gamer that likes to wait till i can get stuff for cheap in steam sales etc.... the gamers that have to get stuff pre order at high prices, pay for gamers like me basically. Neither is the wrong way to do it, so long as that way makes you happy. And getting bargains makes me happy because i'm tight.

No harm no foul but you're going to need more RAM before upgrading to MSFS2024 anyway.

Private Pilot | Windsor Flying Club | CYQG

Intel i5 14400F | Manli RTX 3090 24GB | Kingston DDR4 32GB | MSFS2020&24 | AutoFPS & Nexus Mods DLSS Enabler |

12 hours ago, cobalt said:

And are they similarly fascinated with airports in real life?

Yes! The best part of the holiday for me as a kid was the airport as opposed to the actual holiday.

I still get the same feeling now as an adult. I just love being in and around airports.

B450 Tomahawk Max / Ryzen 7 5800x3D / RTX 3060ti 8G / Noctua NH-UI21S Max Cooling / 32G Patriot RAM / 1TB NVME / 450G SSD / Thrustmaster TCA & Throttle Quadrant / Xiaomi 32" Wide Curved Monitor 1440p 144hz

45 minutes ago, El Diablito said:

Yes! The best part of the holiday for me as a kid was the airport as opposed to the actual holiday.

I still get the same feeling now as an adult. I just love being in and around airports.

Same here. In the past on business trips, I have scheduled stops instead of nonstops when able, just to check out airports I haven't been to. Gave myself unnecessary 4-hour transfers in MAD, VIE, MCT, KUL, among others 😄

Edited by Nandengo12

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.