Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The AVSIM Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Win 26H2 is here!

Featured Replies

Is everybody happy?

oh-joy.jpg

5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, one or two 1440p 32" screens, 64 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, VKB NXT EVO stick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel. Crystal Light VR.

 

So, far it hasn't broken any of my programs yet.

Pete Locascio

Intel Core Ultra 9 285K, Nvidia RTX 5090, Samsung 9100 Pro 2&4 TB Drives, 64 GB RAM, Asus Z-890 motherboard.

 

No issues here other than a few Edge settings that reset to default. For folks that regularly install the preview updates at the end of every month, this update likely won't do much of anything... it's just enabling all of the "gradual rollout" features that were introduced over the past year such as the new Start menu, ability to move the taskbar, and a bunch of file explorer improvements to name a few.

  • Author

I see that now you can put emojis on the taskbar !!

smilie-ironic-clown.jpg

5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, one or two 1440p 32" screens, 64 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, VKB NXT EVO stick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel. Crystal Light VR.

 

I have it since ten days. Together with a PC housekeeping which includes BIOS update / new and careful overclock, and new GPU drivers all is running very snappy and smooth. Better than ever

- Harry 

9800x3D (Strix x870e-E)  -  64GB RAM (DDR5 6000, CL 30)  -  RTX 5090, 34'' 1440p OLED HDR  -  Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2)  -  MSFS 2024 (MS Store, 4TB M.2).

I appreciate the offer MS but I'm not moving my toolbar for anyone. You have tried before but it's been where it is for over 30 years now, thank you. And on a 45 inch widescreen, it doesn't need to be any smaller either.

Apart from that, I don't see or feel anything new yet.

 9950X3D - X870E Aorus Master- TUF 5090 OC - 64GB DDR5 - 1500W HXi - Titan 360 RX LCD - 9100 Pro x 2  - LG 45GX950A - HOTAS Warthog with Ava Base

The xbox mode seems to work well. MSFS20 evidently loads faster than before, and my midrange system is less laggy when panning in MSFS24.

Have been on the preview for a while now and all good...

Learning to fly gliders since 1980

AMD Ryzen 5600x, 32GB DDR4, RTX 3060Ti (8GB), GIGABYTE B550 AORUS Elite AX V2 mobo, 1TB + 500GB nvme m.2 disks

5 minutes ago, Nandengo12 said:

The xbox mode seems to work well. MSFS20 evidently loads faster

What is this « Xbox mode », which eventually makes MSFS2020 load faster (or I misread your post)? Certainly, as you, developing with the scenery editor I spent enormous time loading/reloading MSFS2020 and MSFS2024 to test scenery :) and anything that can speed up the load process (of course, even with a tiny Community folder) would be appreciated :)

Edited by vbazillio

Vincent B.
Check my free MSFS sceneries : https://flightsim.to/profile/vbazillio/trending and my hardware configuration.

I doubt that any "upgrades" in Windows 11 are going to make the slightest difference to me.

Christopher Low

AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D CPU / 64GB DDR5-6000 RAM / 12GB Nvidia RTX 4070 Super GPU / Gigabyte X870E Aorus Elite Wifi 7 / 1+2TB Samsung Evo Plus M2 Nvme

UK2000 Beta Tester

3 hours ago, vbazillio said:

What is this « Xbox mode », which eventually makes MSFS2020 load faster (or I misread your post)? Certainly, as you, developing with the scenery editor I spent enormous time loading/reloading MSFS2020 and MSFS2024 to test scenery :) and anything that can speed up the load process (of course, even with a tiny Community folder) would be appreciated :)

Here you are! 😊

New Xbox Mode in Windows 11 25H2 (How to Enable)

1 hour ago, vbazillio said:

Does this Xbox mode had a real impact on loading time? Or is it coincidence or placebo ?

I don't think it's a coincidence, but I haven't officially measured, just felt a change since installing 26H2 and enabling the mode. One thing I have checked is CPU demand for MSFS20 is slightly lower than before, because I have been benchmarking for several months. According to the M$ description for the xbox mode, it should free up system resources for high-demand games.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.