Sign in to follow this  
Macpah

Grab your X-Plane 11 beta, guys!

Does anyone else have that issue? I can't time a VOR I can't tune the comms etc.

Same here. I'm still wondering if this is just a placeholder avionics and the "real" new G1000 that is advertised on Laminar's website will step in later...

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

It might be an intentional omission, because I think the idea now is that instead of a global setting, it's now done on a per-airport basis. See this post about it from earlier in the year:

http://developer.x-plane.com/2016/03/per-airport-flattening/

So it seems indeed from reading that post. I liked the option of having a general setting but I'll give this new approach a chance if they think it's better.

line 3315 of the X-Pref file in the Output/Preferences (near the bottom) open up with Notepad +

Make this the following:

renopt_sloped_runways 0

I did not find an X-Pref file in that folder but I found the renopt_sloped_runways lines in my settings.txt. Changed them all to 0 but no luck yet. 

• Upvote 1

Same here. I'm still wondering if this is just a placeholder avionics and the "real" new G1000 that is advertised on Laminar's website will step in later...

From the dev blog:

Question: Where is the new G1000? Is it missing from the beta?

Answer by Ben: It’s not done yet. It will ship when it is ready – that may or may not be in 11.00 or a patch. The “proxy” g1000 in the Cirrus is there as a place-holder until we have the real deal.

Yes, it was confirmed that it is a dummy and the real one will follow.

• Upvote 1

From the dev blog:

Answer by Ben: It’s not done yet. It will ship when it is ready – that may or may not be in 11.00 or a patch. The “proxy” g1000 in the Cirrus is there as a place-holder until we have the real deal.

Yes, it was confirmed that it is a dummy and the real one will follow.

Great! :D

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

Great! :D

Fantastic! I wasn't too worried since it's beta version 1 but they had me wondering hehe

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Great to know, thanks :-)

After whining 

After the lengthy install, XP11 decided to start in 1440p even though my OS monitor resolution is set for 4K. It took me a few seconds to figure out how to change the resolution, as the mouse click points were not exactly on the buttons because of the resolution mismatch. But after that initial hiccup, everything went smoothly

I had the same problem curious how did you work this out ?  thank you

Rich Sennett

I changed the device from joystick to PFC USB and calibrate it using PFC Calibration tool and it does nothing. Went back to joystick, it does recognize it but it won't calibrate.

The range on the roll axis is not enough to go from red to blue. If I ignore the axis the pitch and throttle1 even it registers movement in the joystick main menu it does nothing when in the actual airplane.

Flight controls wouldn't move. Oh well. I'll have to wait for the developers.

No idea if this will help you or not, but I thought I would throw it out there.

I had a couple issues initially with my controls not working properly. I have 3 devices: a Saitek yoke and throttle quadrant, the guts of a logitec stick inside my Saitek yoke to fix the pitch and roll null zone issue, and the guts of a logitec stick inside my old rudder pedals.  Yes, I like to hack my controls :)  I first had to go through and set ALL unused axis to "NONE" and only set the ones I needed. Initially I had three 'pitch', three 'roll', etc.

Next, I had an issue with one of my toe brakes. It was not detecting the full range and was keeping the left brake on half way at all times. No matter how many times I calibrated or played with how far I moved the pedal during calibration it wouldn't sort itself out. My solution was to go into the preferences file, find the axis responsible, and manually set the low, mid, and high values for that axis. As long as I don't go back into the joystick settings (which seems to overwrite what I fixed, even when I don't calibrate) things work great.

Here is the file and the settings I used:

X-Plane 11\Output\preferences\X-Plane.prf

_joy_lo_raw_dat1 0.500000

_joy_center1 0.750000

_joy_hi_raw_dat1 1.000000

_joy_axis_is_calibrated_override1 1

Using the calibration in the sim, the low value was set around 0. There might just be something funky with the pot on my toe break as I've had to do some contortions in the past to get it to work properly (usually all in game though).

Note the last setting. If you leave the override as 0 the sim will nag you about having an uncalibrated joystick.

Obviously this is not ideal, but maybe it will spark an idea or help someone get flying. Good luck all!

I did not find an X-Pref file in that folder but I found the renopt_sloped_runways lines in my settings.txt. Changed them all to 0 but no luck yet.

Look for x-plane.prf under \X-Plane 11\Output\preferences. The setting is at the bottom of this file.

• Upvote 1

Nathan

After the lengthy install, XP11 decided to start in 1440p even though my OS monitor resolution is set for 4K. It took me a few seconds to figure out how to change the resolution, as the mouse click points were not exactly on the buttons because of the resolution mismatch. But after that initial hiccup, everything went smoothly

I had the same problem curious how did you work this out ?  thank you

I had this problem too. If you have Windows, what I did was right click the X-Plane shortcut, select "properties" and then "compatibility."  Select "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings."  That should allow the mouse pointer to match the screen, and then you can select the proper display resolution from within XP.  

I had this problem too. If you have Windows, what I did was right click the X-Plane shortcut, select "properties" and then "compatibility."  Select "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings."  That should allow the mouse pointer to match the screen, and then you can select the proper display resolution from within XP.  

Thank you much Mark   :wink:

Rich Sennett

No idea if this will help you or not, but I thought I would throw it out there.

I had a couple issues initially with my controls not working properly. I have 3 devices: a Saitek yoke and throttle quadrant, the guts of a logitec stick inside my Saitek yoke to fix the pitch and roll null zone issue, and the guts of a logitec stick inside my old rudder pedals.  Yes, I like to hack my controls :)  I first had to go through and set ALL unused axis to "NONE" and only set the ones I needed. Initially I had three 'pitch', three 'roll', etc.

Next, I had an issue with one of my toe brakes. It was not detecting the full range and was keeping the left brake on half way at all times. No matter how many times I calibrated or played with how far I moved the pedal during calibration it wouldn't sort itself out. My solution was to go into the preferences file, find the axis responsible, and manually set the low, mid, and high values for that axis. As long as I don't go back into the joystick settings (which seems to overwrite what I fixed, even when I don't calibrate) things work great.

Here is the file and the settings I used:

X-Plane 11\Output\preferences\X-Plane.prf

_joy_lo_raw_dat1 0.500000

_joy_center1 0.750000

_joy_hi_raw_dat1 1.000000

_joy_axis_is_calibrated_override1 1

Using the calibration in the sim, the low value was set around 0. There might just be something funky with the pot on my toe break as I've had to do some contortions in the past to get it to work properly (usually all in game though).

Note the last setting. If you leave the override as 0 the sim will nag you about having an uncalibrated joystick.

Obviously this is not ideal, but maybe it will spark an idea or help someone get flying. Good luck all!

Thanks for the info V. I'll give it a try when I get back home tonight.

Quick noob question... stars? My night sky is pitch black and completely void of stars. Is that the way XP is? There doesn'the seem to be any ground illumination either. If there's no lights, it's instruments only for which way is up.

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

Still personal experiments with clouds. This is default weather engine, only tweaked datarefs and textures. Both cirri and few cumuli. There is hope to have improved clouds! :smile:

SOc205S.jpg

DxzXXvT.jpg

• Upvote 2

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]