Sign in to follow this  
Mark Hyder

PMDG

Its not too hard, especially since there are 2 tutorials for the aircraft which you must do to learn the aircraft, along with reading all the manuals.

It will take time and dedication to do it right.

Thanks. Is there I ca buy the manual that came with the RAR Fire?

Not quite sure what you mean there, but the manuals and tutorials come with the NGX when you download it. Alternatively you can re download them from the PMDG website if you deleted/lost them.

I always keep one of these next to me while flying, just in case my FMC goes berserk.

sextcaptain1.jpg

:) :) :)

23.png

:huh:

-Iain Watson-

PMDG 737 NGX hands down, and then Aerosoft Airbus X Extended. Those are the 2 best commercial planes ever. Pretty soon it will be the PMDG 777 and 747 v2! Can't wait for those.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

The NGX is brilliant, but I find the plane quite boring to fly. The 747X is a little less beautiful to look at, but a dream to fly.

And the PMDG MD-11 is even better / more interesting ;)

23.png

Not quite sure what you mean there, but the manuals and tutorials come with the NGX when you download it. Alternatively you can re download them from the PMDG website if you deleted/lost them.

ok i thought you can buy the manuals.

No way. The Queen is the queen of the skies. 4 engines, ridiculously powerful, can carry much more of a load than the MD-11, and can go farther. A dream to fly with very simple systems. Very similar to the NGX. I just don't like the way the MD works.

ok i thought you can buy the manuals.

You can buy printed copies of the manuals also from the PMDG store, it's the same PDF manuals but printed and bound in a folder. Makes them easier to reference when flying but it's up to you whether its worth the cost.

edit- looks like VIPERGTSR01 just beat me to it

The runway guidance the OP refers to from the Singapore 744 is NOT localiser CDI or navigation display; it is the PVD, ParaVisual Display, and consists of a black and white barber pole that rotates to provide runway centreline and rollout guidance. Usually visible in cockpit photographs as a long narrow slot in the glare shield, adjacent the master warning and caution lights. See here: http://www.aerowinx.com/assets/pics/qfjb_pvd.jpg

Not sure any airlines bother with PVD any more as I presume you can get similar information from the localiser readout on the PFD or a HUD nowadays, but British Airways use to have them fitted on their early A320, 752, 763ER, 744 and 772ER (possibly other types too). I think they allowed for a reduction in RVR minima. I know Qantas, Singapore and Lufthansa have had some PVDs too.

Only one I've seen modelled in FS was on David Maltby's Tridents. 

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

PMDG 737 NGX hands down, and then Aerosoft Airbus X Extended. Those are the 2 best commercial planes ever.

It depends on which aircraft qualities you consider. The PMDG B737 definitely offers some of the greatest immersion (both systems complexity and visual model–wise) currently available in FSX, but the Aerosoft Airbus X is debatable, especially since it does not target maximum-realism enthusiasts. Some would argue that the Leonardo Maddog and PMDG MD-11 are also some of the most-complex FSX commercial aircraft, while some Captain Sim aircraft and the QualityWings BAe 146 should not be overlooked when reviewing the best-looking FSX commercial aircraft.

The 747X is a little less beautiful to look at, but a dream to fly.

I agree! Hopefully the PMDG B747 V2 will fully express both the external and internal beauty of the real aircraft!

Perhaps more unique, but not even better. It was definitely not as successful sales-wise as the B747 was.