Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

PMDG BAe JetStream 4100 Product overview

Guest Tiltman
looks awesome stretched across my two 22" monitors. I'm slowly becoming a VC convert :(
Yeah, maybe so. But as my sweet wife said; Good looks ain't everything.The constant zooming in VC, to reach this or that little button, is a drag. Especially when it turns hectic. I think the VC + another monitor with 2d panels is both pretty and practical. Only VC is a step backwards.

Personally, I'm still really hoping for at least a 2D FMC/FMS. Typing all those buttons in the V/C with the less the ideal sight angles you get is really not fun. I agree that some other switches can be interesting to reach/find in the VC, but will probably live with this. The FMS I'm not sure I will live with in 2D.

Eric Szczesniak

Yeah, maybe so. But as my sweet wife said; Good looks ain't everything.The constant zooming in VC, to reach this or that little button, is a drag. Especially when it turns hectic. I think the VC + another monitor with 2d panels is both pretty and practical. Only VC is a step backwards.
Sounds like you need to invest in a 26" LCD and track IR, then you will never go back to 2d again...JB

Guest V4DIV-CVN-70

Patiently waiting. Looking forward to the 1st commercial Twin Aircraft for FSX. At least one of PMDG quality. Patiently Waiting.Patiently Waiting.Patiently Waiting. :( Patiently Waiting.did i say Patiently Waiting......Gary TrammellPro Rodeo Announcer

Sounds like you need to invest in a 26" LCD and track IR, then you will never go back to 2d again...JB
Doubt it. I did invest in track IR for the dodosim 206, and I never use it anymore. It's totally unnatural and I end up with a massive headache after using it for more than ten minutes or so at a time.Scott

Totally agree with you. Have both those those things myself and could never go back to 2D panels. Rhydian

Guest Tiltman
Totally agree with you. Have both those those things myself and could never go back to 2D panels.
You don't "go back", you have a extra monitor with 2d panels in addition...

Guest OYLSB

Any news for a release date ?? is it in a range of a month, 2 month, 3 mount etc. etc. ??? Could you please give a little hint ??

You don't "go back", you have a extra monitor with 2d panels in addition...
Exactly. These days getting an extra monitor (or monitors) is not such a huge investment, since the prices have gone down. Therefore many FS users use more than one monitor with 2D panels.

Guest JDHaynes

Will PMDG offer the option for refunds like F1 do on the J41?I ask this because I am a FS9 user and really want to fly this bird but I am concerned about the performance in FSX. I know you said that the J41 is good on performance but from personal experience, I never trust developers or reviews anymore (even PMDG) on what they say about performance/frame rates. Sorry for the stupid question :( Jack Haynes

I never trust developers or reviews anymore (even PMDG) on what they say about performance/frame rates.
And do you trust other users/simmers? Or you trust no one in which case it would even be pointless to read these forums.

Guest JDHaynes
And do you trust other users/simmers? Or you trust no one in which case it would even be pointless to read these forums.
Michael, I only asked a question and I really didn't want to start a possible argument. Of course I trust other simmers, I just don't when it comes to talking about performance in addons. I will say no more because this is just an argument waiting to happen and it would better to leave it at this.Jack

Come on, Michal. That was a silly response. It sounds to me like Jack is really interested in the Jetstream 41, but he would like to be sure that he has a "way out" if the performance on his PC isn't good enough. What's wrong with that?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Come on, Michal. That was a silly response. It sounds to me like Jack is really interested in the Jetstream 41, but he would like to be sure that he has a "way out" if the performance on his PC isn't good enough. What's wrong with that?
Sorry but what does his "way out" has to do with my reply? :( . I do not set refund policy. Since he claimed to have no trust in reviews or developers' claims it was very logical to ask him if he trusts anyone else. The last time I checked these forums are dominated not by developers but by folks like you and me who exchange impressions on products and how they perform. If he hangs around these forums he clearly must trust somebody .. He himself acknowledged it was a stupid question and I must agree ...

I think this may have been asked before - if so please don't respond, could you provide a list of what repaints you plan to include in the package, if not already there can i ask for G-ISAY the Highland Airways Jetstream 41 thats in old Eastern Airways please ?