Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

PMDG MD-11 Advanced Tutorial 1 released

Yes, for real. Documentation section of the PMDG site.Markus is going to make a second advanced tutorial covering long haul/oceanic stuff. I am not even going to begin to speculate as to when this will be available. Do not ask please. Markus does these tutorials in his free time and he is not a member of the PMDG Dev team, so please don't treat this as some kind of promised product from us, it isn't. It will happen when it happens.Thank you, good night and good luck./salute

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Yes, for real. Documentation section of the PMDG site.Markus is going to make a second advanced tutorial covering long haul/oceanic stuff. I am not even going to begin to speculate as to when this will be available. Do not ask please. Markus does these tutorials in his free time and he is not a member of the PMDG Dev team, so please don't treat this as some kind of promised product from us, it isn't. It will happen when it happens.Thank you, good night and good luck./salute
I love you ryan, THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you Markus for doing these tutorials. Hope some peoples attitudes hasn't disappointed you in anyway. Many people will much appreciate your hard work.Regards,Pete Smith.

Thanks to Markus & Al. This is much appreciated. In the appendix, there is mentioned of a 3rd party configuration file for fsbuild fuel calculation. Markus, do you have the links to working config file?RegardsVincent Rouleau

Vincent Rouleau

AMD Ryzen 7950X3d / 32.0GB G.SKILL Neo DDR5 6000 / Gigabyte  GeForce® RTX 4080 16Gig / / Samsung C49RG9 49' /ASUS  PB287QQ ‑ 27" UHD / AGAMMIX 2TB / Samsung 970 PRO 1TB /  PNY SSD 1TB / Windows 11 / Gigabyte B650M Elite Motherboard

Cue the "Hallelujah Chorus"Thanks guys for all your hard work and for dealing with us impatient simmers.

Thanks to Markus & Al. This is much appreciated. In the appendix, there is mentioned of a 3rd party configuration file for fsbuild fuel calculation. Markus, do you have the links to working config file?
Here is a very good one: http://www.flightsim.com/kdl.php?fid=140487Created by Bryan Schleipen (aka Saturn V)

Thank you to all involved! This looks like just what the doctor ordered sort of speak and I'm sure even the most savvy of users will learn something. Tutorials are a great thing I think because they really do compliment the product and in most cases help define certain areas of detail/worksmanship that might have gone otherwise overlooked in just manuals. I've learned a few things just skimming over the document and can't wait to get home and fire this bad boy up! :( Great work Markus and thanks Ryan!

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Thank you very much :(

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

Indeed, thanks very much!
Thanks for your hard work on the tutorial.I'm having a strange problem when trying to open the PDF file on my Vista system, the file is corrupted.On my XP system it opens OK.Anyone else have this problem?Ron

Ron Service

Markus, despite all of the impatience on our parts, you have delivered !! Thank You :( !! I can tell that the 'whining' in some instances started to get to you. For example, in the readme file for the FSX installation, you mentioned:-=====================================================PMDG MD-11 ADVANCED TUTORIAL FSX INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS=====================================================1. Place the following six files in your FS9 Flights folder - by default this is "My Documents\Flight Simulator Files"Well, we should all know that you really meant "FSX Files folder - by default this is "My Documents\Flight Simulator X Files"But, aw shucks, to err is human and with all the heckling you have been receiving, you came through like a real trooper, and to add to that, You are noteven a member of the PMDG development team ? Whoa !!! You are GOOD Markus and I take my hat off to you. Thank you and, without any form of Anticipation on MY part, :( I look forward to your next Advanced "Long Haul" tutorial as Ryan so nicely alluded to. But, for right now, it's 'Off to Work',studying and 'sitting in the simulator' as I work through this here Advanced Tutorial, and hopefully, am not too far off from earning my "Type Rating" :( Cheers to you Markus, and also to Ryan and the rest of the team, and Best Holiday Wishes to you all B) Best Regards,GodfreyG B)

Guest Tiemen

Surprising that topics where people asked when the tutorial would be released have got more reactions than this one. If you whined about the release date, please be so kind to atleast say 'Thanks' now that it is released.Anyway, printed out the tutorial and will have a detailed look at it later but for now I just want to say: Thank You Markus and PMDG.Tiemen,

Surprising that topics where people asked when the tutorial would be released have got more reactions than this one. If you whined about the release date, please be so kind to atleast say 'Thanks' now that it is released.Anyway, printed out the tutorial and will have a detailed look at it later but for now I just want to say: Thank You Markus and PMDG.Tiemen,
I'm sure some won't but I know a lot are probably still at work and some posters are more a weekend showing. This hasn't been released for that long yet either, give it some time. I'm sure a lot of people that gave others slack about wanting this tutorial are eating it up as much as the rest of us also, but there are a couple I wouldn't hold my breathe to see proper gratitude given. I'm sure everyone that owns the MD-11 will be enjoying this tutorial many times over, and whether they say it or not, I hope all those involved know how much it's appreciated.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier