Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

PMDG 737 NGX: The View Forward

Works the same in FSX. It is not a separate control axis, though, FSUIPC basically just transfers rudder control to the twist grip (or whatever you assign the tiller to) at low speeds. So when you do your controls check the rudder pedals won't work.
Ok I should have a look at that although I am not sure it is what I would like. Since I believe today's a/c modelers are capable of animating every single moving part in a custom manner (also flight control surfaces like the rudder) something like this might be possible: as far as the VC controls (tiller & pedals) / outside moving parts (NW & rudder) go, I think a "hidden switch" would be cool to 'direct' your rudder input to either the tiller (hence only the nosewheel moves) or the rudder (tiller does not move but the rudder and pedals do). For FSX internally it would likely make no difference, you could just use your pedals/twist grip joystick to control the rudder as well as the nosewheel. Just the movements in the 3d model would react more differentiated. So tiller and pedals and rudder would not move together. Not sure it that makes sense. Probably asked too much anyways for such a negligible detail, but was just a thought since I've been thinking about it for the past couple versions of FS. LOL.gifsig.gif

It's entirely up to PMDG whether they show preview pictures of what they are making, they are under no obligation to show anything at all, just as you are under no obligation to look at this thread. So if you find it frustrating, then there is a simple solution, don't look at this thread, just wait until the product becomes available.Seeing previews of it isn't going to alter what the finished product is like, thus what we are being shown is merely a matter of interest. When it goes on sale, look at the abundance of pictures and videos which will doubtless then be available, and make a purchasing decision based on that and of course the simulated features the product has.I really don't get why people are getting their knickers in a twist over not seeing it; it will look like a 737, and you know what a 737 looks like.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Ok I should have a look at that although I am not sure it is what I would like. Since I believe today's a/c modelers are capable of animating every single moving part in a custom manner (also flight control surfaces like the rudder) something like this might be possible: as far as the VC controls (tiller & pedals) / outside moving parts (NW & rudder) go, I think a "hidden switch" would be cool to 'direct' your rudder input to either the tiller (hence only the nosewheel moves) or the rudder (tiller does not move but the rudder and pedals do). For FSX internally it would likely make no difference, you could just use your pedals/twist grip joystick to control the rudder as well as the nosewheel. Just the movements in the 3d model would react more differentiated. So tiller and pedals and rudder would not move together. Not sure it that makes sense. Probably asked too much anyways for such a negligible detail, but was just a thought since I've been thinking about it for the past couple versions of FS. LOL.gifsig.gif
Eh...no.The rudder and the tiller are two different systems that do two different things and both are modeled by PMDG. They are cross connected so using the rudder has an affect on the nose wheel (depending on the speed you are doing) which is why you do not need to worry about them in normal FSX use. If you want 'as real as it gets' and you have a free axis on your controller and registered version of FSUIPC, you can assign that axis to the tiller. Search for 'tiller' in this forum if you are interested in finding out more.

It's entirely up to PMDG whether they show preview pictures of what they are making
not anymore! I kidnaped this bunny and I'll kill it if we don't get more pics.cutebunny.jpgyou have 72 hours for the next one.. but the sooner the better... I'm running out of carrots

Okay, here's a projection I can make that is entirely certain: It's not looking good for Bugsy.Al

Alan Bradbury

ah the pre release banter!! gotta love it!! will the 700ER + 900ER be included (sorry if this has been asked)?

that bunny is so cute LOL!!quickly pmdg, or blood will be on your hands!!! i say release it now, or the bunny gets it!!lol jokes!

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

The rabbit's plight has touched my heart, so, at great personal risk, here is an external view of what the new PMDG 737 will look like:737.jpgAl

Alan Bradbury

not anymore! I kidnaped this bunny and I'll kill it if we don't get more pics.cutebunny.jpgyou have 72 hours for the next one.. but the sooner the better... I'm running out of carrots
Hahahahaha!!! :-) ROFL!!

For the bunny's sake, PMDG release those screens or he's going to change this little innocent cute into this:3740437683_67917b9567.jpg(image edited due to some host problems...)

that guy raised 15 grands and this is all I get? geez

The rabbit's plight has touched my heart, so, at great personal risk, here is an external view of what the new PMDG 737 will look like:737.jpgAl

Oh Boy! Wabbit for dinner :(

Dan Downs KCRP

Unbeknownst to Dazz, PMDG has hired master rabbit trainers around the world to descend upon Spain and train all bunnies for our own special purposes... In all likelihood, the bunny in Dazz's possession is not as innocent as he may appear...Don't mess with the bull Dazz, you'll get the horns :(

Vin Scimone

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team_FB.jpg