Sign in to follow this  
Glynn

New FS9 737 NG on its way

No offense, but by that logic why even model the outside of the plane? The crew can neither see the tail of the aircraft nor the landing gear while situated in the cockpit, but it would still seem a little strange to release an aircraft without them being modeled. I say if the real aircraft has wing flex, why not model it in FS? As a FA I spend more time in the cabin than most, but its still a nice touch to have in an FS model. Not to mention some of us like to replay our takeoffs or landings while watching from tower or spot view. Flexing wings as lift increases or that flex on landing just adds something special IMO.
I'd be more than happy to buy an aircraft that had nothing other than the virtual cockpit modelled. I really, really, don't understand what people do with external models and virtual cabins and all that nonsense to be honest. For me the simulator is about flying and aircraft in a realistic manner, not pretending to be a passenger or whatever. Of course that's just my opinion and choice of use for the simulator. In no way do I intend for that to sound like I'm telling the rest of you who disagree that you're wrong and using flight sim incorrectly.Anyway, back on topic. I'm pretty excited about this project. VC looks pretty good although not quite as nice as my Ariane 737. Hopefully these guys will simulate the systems properly and model the gauges and navdata in a way that makes them usable. Something that Ariane, despite the beautiful VC, have failed to achieve, ultimately ruining their product.Will be watching this one with great interest, and hoping to see a collins MCP added to that list of user configurable options! Not seen one of those in an fs9 737 yet.

That is pretty exciting.Any developer website?ThanksGhiom

That looks impressive!And about to be released!!!Ghiom
Hey Ghiom,Where did you see it was about to be released? Did I miss a date somewhere???Those night shots looks pretty sweet...-P

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Hey Ghiom,Where did you see it was about to be released? Did I miss a date somewhere???Those night shots looks pretty sweet...-P
many asked about the release but i didn't see the guys responding at all.

Jason

FAA CPL SEL MEL IR CFI-I MEI AGI

Guest Tingoose
I'd be more than happy to buy an aircraft that had nothing other than the virtual cockpit modelled. I really, really, don't understand what people do with external models and virtual cabins and all that nonsense to be honest. For me the simulator is about flying and aircraft in a realistic manner, not pretending to be a passenger or whatever. Of course that's just my opinion and choice of use for the simulator. In no way do I intend for that to sound like I'm telling the rest of you who disagree that you're wrong and using flight sim incorrectly.Anyway, back on topic. I'm pretty excited about this project. VC looks pretty good although not quite as nice as my Ariane 737. Hopefully these guys will simulate the systems properly and model the gauges and navdata in a way that makes them usable. Something that Ariane, despite the beautiful VC, have failed to achieve, ultimately ruining their product.Will be watching this one with great interest, and hoping to see a collins MCP added to that list of user configurable options! Not seen one of those in an fs9 737 yet.
I'm of the same opinion. I've often wished that I could save a few frames by dispensing with the external model and fly just ina the VC!

I don't read chinese!I said that it was near released because:1) I hope it is2) it looks like it is3) I want it to beBut really, I don't know.I wish there was some website...Ghiom

I don't read chinese!I said that it was near released because:1) I hope it is2) it looks like it is3) I want it to beBut really, I don't know.I wish there was some website...Ghiom
There is a website it has been linked in this thread numerous times and all you need is google translate to read it in whatever language you like. (Also stated in this thread!) :( What does "wanting it to be" and "hoping it is" have to do with anything? Exactly how rumors get started... :( So basically you made it up because you wanted it to be true without any facts to back it up? :( Thanks for the helpful post!!!

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Guest ancoloncourse

I never heard of these guys, can't read there site, have never boughten anything they have made and if its not distrubtued by someone like Flight 1 or Aerosoft I'll have to pass. There's no way in hell I'd give these guys my credit card information, address etc......bad idea isn't it?Jordan Coolins

I never heard of these guys, and I can't read their site. I have also never bought anything they have made, and if its not distrubtuted by someone like Flight 1 or Aerosoft, I'll have to pass. There's no way in hell I'd give these guys my credit card information, address etc......bad idea isn't it?Jordan Coolins
Fixed your post for you. I truly believe you need to relax. iFly has been around for a very long time, and has given the fs community some amazing freeware. There are several posts already that tells you how to view the website, so I'm not going to type it again (look at the post above yours.) If you don't buy it because you think it's some kind of scam, that's your paranoia...not ours. I for one will buy it if for nothing else but to show my gratitude and appreciation for what they have given me for free.

If you don't buy it because you think it's some kind of scam, that's your paranoia...not ours. I for one will buy it if for nothing else but to show my gratitude and appreciation for what they have given me for free.
He's not being paranoid. I'd have reservations about handing over my credit card details to an unknown entity too, regardless of their perceived track record. I'm sure though that like most developers, they will have an external, trusted publisher for handling their e-commerce, such as Simmarket or whatnot.

He's not being paranoid. I'd have reservations about handing over my credit card details to an unknown entity too, regardless of their perceived track record. I'm sure though that like most developers, they will have an external, trusted publisher for handling their e-commerce, such as Simmarket or whatnot.
Interesting, you have reservations about handing over your credit card to an unknown entity? Do your give it to the server at a restauraunt who takes it to who knows where? You've never purchased anything online using your credit card? There are so many different ways that your credit card info can be obtained that we are not aware of. Actually, a credit card is a safe way to purchase something as there are protection features provided by the issuer of the card.Recently I received a call from my credit card issuer asking if I attempted to make a $2500 purchase in a State where I did not live. Someone had obtained my card number somehow. The issuer refused to authorize the purchase. We are responsible for a very small amount if our card is stolen, and I have never been charged even that amount. I don't use "Bank" cards that involve a 'pin' number. Now that is dangerous as that gives a thief access to your bank account.This is all just MHO.Jim D.