Sign in to follow this  
Glynn

New FS9 737 NG on its way

after hearing that pmdg will possibly not making their new 737 for fs9.Thank you I-Fly. :(
There's no 'possibly' to it, PMDG is not making the NGX for FS9 meaning this is right on time if it's at least as good as Quality Wing's effort with their 757.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

There's no 'possibly' to it, PMDG is not making the NGX for FS9 meaning this is right on time if it's at least as good as Quality Wing's effort with their 757.
i must have missed that then, last i read (long while ago, havnt checked the pmdg site in a while) they didnt rule it out, but said something like "more than likely not going to see it in fs9" I must be out of the loop, ill have to go read up the latest happenings of PMDG. But lets not get into the PMDG thing, this thread is for I-Fly, Hoooorrrrraaayyyyy for I-FLy, Cant wait.

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

Great news, mad dog, thanks for the tip. That looks like a quality production.

John G.

HelloD/L and try the i-Fly747 if it works with that addon then this one may be the same.
That one has no way to save the panel state, unfortunately. I had it installed for a long time until I got the PMDG 747, which is simply infinitely better.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

That one has no way to save the panel state, unfortunately. I had it installed for a long time until I got the PMDG 747, which is simply infinitely better.
On the other hand, iFly 747 is infinitely cheaper

Mike Krawczyk

A2A Simulations

I'm sorry to say that, They're doing a good work, but they could model another aircraft. After those years, the 737NG PMDG still is a good aircraft for Flight Simulator and I don't see so much need for another 737NG. The PMDG is creating a new one, and I bet that a FS9 version will be done as well.Regards,Rodrigo.

Interesting news. The iFly B747 was freeware and pretty good, it would be great if they did a 737NG as well up to the same standards or even better. Thanks for letting us know.EDIT:

I'm sorry to say that, They're doing a good work, but they could model another aircraft. After those years, the 737NG PMDG still is a good aircraft for Flight Simulator and I don't see so much need for another 737NG. The PMDG is creating a new one, and I bet that a FS9 version will be done as well.Regards,Rodrigo.
As far as I'm aware PMDG will not be making any more FS9 products. I for one can't wait to see the iFly 737NG and if it will be freeware like their last impressive offering.

I bet that a FS9 version will be done as well
Don't bet too much cash, anyway.I am a bit surprised they are making the least popular -600 version instead of, say, -800. But my guess is more models will come later. All in all it is incredible to see such complex and professional stuff coming for free! :(

Who cares, we have a new 737 for FS9! :( Now I can truly forget PMDG. :(\Rafal, some of the in-game shots are in FS9. Just look more closely ;)

Danny

Don't bet too much cash, anyway.I am a bit surprised they are making the least popular -600 version instead of, say, -800. But my guess is more models will come later. All in all it is incredible to see such complex and professional stuff coming for free! :(
Hello RafalIt looks like they are doing all of the series even BBJ also with and without eyebrows and winglets

It looks like they are doing all of the series even BBJ also with and without eyebrows and winglets
Wow! :( That's gonna be a hit! Thanks for the news.Nice to have choice in any aspect of life.Especially SUCH choice...Though 737 is not my favourite airliner, I must say I'm really looking forward to this release.Their 744 was a nice addon. In my case it lost with PMDG. This time it will likely be the other way.

Interesting news. The iFly B747 was freeware and pretty good, it would be great if they did a 737NG as well up to the same standards or even better. Thanks for letting us know.
I'd actually pay (and wouldn't have a problem with it) for a decent 737NG series. It's disappointing iFly is doing the -600 first. The -700 would have been a better choice for a starting point in this series.
After those years, the 737NG PMDG still is a good aircraft for Flight Simulator and I don't see so much need for another 737NG. The PMDG is creating a new one, and I bet that a FS9 version will be done as well.Regards,Rodrigo.
The PMDG 737NG has no flexing wings which is one of the most prominent features of this aircraft in flight. A 737NG flying without flexing wings looks totally wrong in the air. The dimensions in the VC of the PMDG 737 bird is totally wrong. At this stage of the game we really do need an upgrade. The PMDG 737 was great in it's day but an updated version would really capture the bird in a much more realistic light. It's a shame PMDG dropped FS9 development before getting this last requested model out. It almost makes one hate the outstanding MD11 and whoever made the terrible choice on PMDG's team to tackle that one first. It cost us the updated 737NG... :( :(

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Tackling the 600 series first is, I agree, a bit of an odd choice, since it is not a popular aircraft in real life owing to some flight stability issues. Moreover, unlike most of the other NGs, it has a markedly different wing and fairing structure, so modeling other NGs is going to be more than a case of simply adding fuselage plugs.Then again, if it is free, I guess they don't have to worry about the relative popularity of which NG model they are making, and it's probably a good thing for hardcore simmers to have a 600, since like the real one, it often flies into bigger airports than other NGs because it has lower landing fees thanks to its lower MTOW, so that would appeal to those who like to do realistic flights into fancy payware airports. Maybe that is their reasoning.I think it looks pretty good from what we can see of it in those screenshots, one just has to hope that the flight model is going to reflect the slightly quirky handling of the 600, so that it matches the looks in terms of accuracy.On the whole this is good news for FS9ers, since it means they will be able to merge lots of FS9 737s together to get their perfect vision of one: Fifty North, POSKY, Ariane, PMDG, Wilco, and now this I-Fly one too.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Maybe you guys have better translators than I have, but I think nobody there said it would be free or that it would be -600 only.

Mike Krawczyk

A2A Simulations

Maybe you guys have better translators than I have, but I think nobody there said it would be free or that it would be -600 only.
I agree,fair bit of assuming going on here,me thinks.
Wow! :( That's gonna be a hit! Thanks for the news.Nice to have choice in any aspect of life.Especially SUCH choice...Though 737 is not my favourite airliner, I must say I'm really looking forward to this release.Their 744 was a nice addon. In my case it lost with PMDG. This time it will likely be the other way.
I'm exstatic now,really happy.I have been waiting for a no eyebrows 737 from the moment they appeared.I think it looks really good without the ancient eyebrows.I don't even care if it'll be pay or freeware,I'll get it anyway.JP.