Sign in to follow this  
MindYerBeak

flightsim commander 9.0 is out

What is and where is Plan-G .. I would like to take a look?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Thanks .. I'll go see.

Best Regards,

Can anyone see how one purchases FSC v9 at SimMarket?All I can see v8

Great news, I have been waiting for a while for this. I will have to wait till next month in order to purchase because I just bought the DCS A-10 beta.

Mike Keigley

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Great news, I have been waiting for a while for this. I will have to wait till next month in order to purchase because I just bought the DCS A-10 beta.
Speaking of which, the 2GB Beta Patch for DCS A-10C is now up at the DCS site (if you didn't know already). :(

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Can anyone see how one purchases FSC v9 at SimMarket?All I can see v8
People could not get it installed so they stopped selling until the problem is fixed.Go to the FSC fotum and read more.

Best Regards,

Just before rushing to buy V9, I thought I should do a side-by-side compare of the 8.6 and 9.0 user manuals... A rather disappointing exercise!

Just before rushing to buy V9, I thought I should do a side-by-side compare of the 8.6 and 9.0 user manuals...  A rather disappointing exercise!
at least one detail on why it was disappointing . would have been helpful.

at least one detail on why it was disappointing . would have been helpful.
Sorry my msg was a bit cryptic. The two manuals are virtually identical, except for the style in the user interface, the approach window, the Google Earth output. I may have missed a couple of other differences but nothing much.

I noticed in version 9 manuals, when you do a flight plan, you can now select an approach which is displayed on the map view.And that includes "text" boxes which explain the approach waypoints / restrictions /speeds. That is a very nice addition.I do not know if the selected approach could later be changed while enroute ... ATC does sometimes change the desired approach before you get to the end of the STAR.
Problem is however, is that you cna only choose to show STAR/SID .... OR ..... transitions. It does NOT allow you to see both, as in a FMC, where you start with the runway, then select Transistion, then finally the STAR or SID.They "claim" they will try to fix this... Hmmm, yeah right, like all the bugs we'v put up with for 5 years that STILL haven't been fixed ?

If 9.0 would look more innovative to me, I already would bought it. But apart from slight changes in the interface, you mainly have to use some key commands or Ctrl-left click and Alt-right click stuff instead of e. g. a menu popping up when right clicking somewhere on the map. This interface reminds me of the good old Norton Commander times where you could do everything, but you had to know the key combinations for this.Don't get me wrong, FSC is a good software and you can get used to the rather old interface. That's why I bought 8.x. Now, in 9.0, some major update was expected but apart from a few (surely useful but small) features and some resizable windows, there isn't much.But it's a dilemma of course. If they hat released this as a free 8.7 update, the work gone into it would have pleased the existing customers and maybe generated some few new ones. But market reality orders you to be profitable, otherwise your company will go down, and therefor, the 9.0 had to be implemented and it even has to be forced by completely dropping 8.x in their forums.So every existing customer would have to upgrade or has to stay silent if support items arise. I doubt that people will like this policy although the support on 9.0 looks ok to me.I wished they had taken the best out of those two worlds, enhance 8.6 to a real 9.0 and not 8.7 with the price of a new release. If the existing customers would have seen some innovation in 9.0 they wouldn't have to be forced to upgrade, they would just do it and feel happy about it.Currently, you will pay at least 25 Euros and get some nicer looking buttons and minor feature improvements. There's no killer feature in 9.0 and all old flaws (and the old UI is a big ony in my eyes) are still existent. So maybe a future version will show some potential here.

I'll be giving V9 a miss because I only bought 8.6 in the middle of August this year and they refuse to make any extra concession for very new customers, they can stick FSC where the sun doesn't shine, I will be getting Plan-G V2.0 when it comes out whether its payware or not.

Cheers, Andy.

I'll be giving V9 a miss because I only bought 8.6 in the middle of August this year and they refuse to make any extra concession for very new customers, they can stick FSC where the sun doesn't shine, I will be getting Plan-G V2.0 when it comes out whether its payware or not.
Well sorry to hear that but my experience is the opposite...Great support and many free updates during the cycle of version 8 :( and now an upgrade discount :smile:So running version 9 now and happy :Party:Cheers,

André