Sign in to follow this  
paulyg123

Airplane Beauty Contest

I saw the A380 flying over my house at 2500' and commented to my wife that it was an ugly plane - she replied they all the same. Is it just me or some jet passenger planes look better than others? If there was a beauty contest, what plane would take the crown? What plane wouldn't be asked to the prom?For me the Concord was #1, the 747-400 is #2 and A319, A380, 737 would be home on prom night. What do you say?Paul Gugliotta

Paul Gugliotta

I dont know which topic you want us to post in seeing as there is two ;),The A380 has seriously grown on me, i have really fallen for it..for me the 777-200 in British Airways Livery, is the most beautful thing to grace the skies

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

If there was a beauty contest, what plane would take the crown? What plane wouldn't be asked to the prom?
I would have to say the 727 to win the contest. In some way her slender lines always appealed to me.For last place.... Gotta be the B-377-SG/SGT Super GuppyCheers,

I saw the A380 flying over my house at 2500' and commented to my wife that it was an ugly plane - she replied they all the same. Is it just me or some jet passenger planes look better than others? If there was a beauty contest, what plane would take the crown? What plane wouldn't be asked to the prom?For me the Concord was #1, the 747-400 is #2 and A319, A380, 737 would be home on prom night. What do you say?Paul Gugliotta
I think the most beautiful plane is the 757-200. There is just something about the 757 nose that really appeals to me. Winglets look good on her, too!I'd say my least favorite is the A320.Scott

CV990. fell in love with her when I was a kid. Now she's rusting at LEPA. cv990bx.png

727 without any doubt.. she's just sexy! :(

Regards.
Matthias Hanel

MilViz Beta Team

A340-500 is well proportioned, but it's rear fuselage dosent look right from certain angles. So I have to say B777-300ER takes the crown from me.

For me the first place for sure the Queen. . .

757 all the way... when they are on short final with the gear and flaps down they look like a bird of prey swooping in for the kill.

707 hands down. Sexiest old beast in the sky (when it was in the sky}. ugliest would have to be the 380.

Boeing 747-400 and Concorde for me, both my #1.Boeing 757-200 and MD-80 my #2I always see Delta and Continental United 757-200s with winglets and without, love it either way.

If we are talking jet airliners, I think the Boeing 727-200 is a very slender and attractive aircraft, which also has the virtue of looking like it is going fast even when parked on the ground thanks to its lovely sweeping tail design. You only have to compare it to the Hawker Siddeley Trident to see how ugly a tri-jet actually can look if the manufacturer doesn't have an eye for sleek flowing lines, and they aren't the only guilty ones, none of the Russkie aircraft with that engine configuration are as good looking as the 727 either.If we are talking prop airliners, then it's the DC-3 by a clear country mile - beautifully proportioned and with a engaging 'friendly' look to it which makes one like it all the more. You can paint that thing any colour you like or leave it bare metal and it will always look fantastic. Even the stretched Basler BT-67 turbo conversion looks mostly okay, although god knows what they were thinking with that slablike engine cowling design on such an organic rounded airframe.The A380 is certainly an ugly thing when you see it on approach, which is kind of unavoidable design-wise since they went for a double deck configuration. Again, a comparison with the next nearest thing - the 747 - shows what an eye for design can achieve, and whilst it is true that the only reason Boeing didn't go for a full-length twin deck on the 747 was because of the loading in and evacuation issues back when it was designed, I still think it makes the A380 look like a monstrosity in comparison, and Airbus certainly can make pretty aircraft when they want to, their A340 is a lovely looking aeroplane.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

757-200 *easily* for me. Sleekest airliner in the sky still I think.
Agreed. And a joy to fly in as a passenger. Always got a nice push back in the seat on takeoff roll.Triple 7 next in line for me. Just beautiful all around.

Tony