Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

"Soon" defined....

This is great and its nice to see an approximation of release but I'm going to keep this in the back of my head, "I want to be very specific in making the following clear: Our beta team is working EXTREMELY hard to find problems in the software- and if they find anything that gives us concern, the dates might shift slightly...." So if it is released on 4 Aug or sooner its a bonus. Congrats guys.
Party pooper!! :(

Nice. So can we expect some news on the Dash 8 on August 5? Just kidding. :( One serious question, though: How far will I get with this system and the NGx?AMD Athlon II X2 250Nvidia GTS 4504GB 1333MHz DDR-3 RAMI have FSX here but not installed currently, but I want to check out the 737. I don't care much for scenery, big airports, and such - just for a decent performance.
I'm flossing an archaic Athlon 3500 with a 7800GTX and I can still play FSX reasonably well. Sure, my sliders aren't maxed out and I'm not running a dozen add-ons at the same time, but I find that the 747X and the MD11 run reasonably well on my computer. In my experience, every PMDG product has had better performance than the ones that preceded it, so I expect the NGX to perform at least as well as the MD11.-jr

How much would you like to bet?I assume you know the competition, the light issue is not an issue if you know how to alter a .cfg file and the fix has been posted.As per my original post it is the arrogance of some of the posts I have seen (and continue to see) which will keep my money in my pocket.
Isn't it funny how someone having bought a mobile phone, only to find out that a far superior update is released a few days later; keep insisting that the one they have is definitely the better model....Batting%20Eyelashes.gif JJ

I assume you know the competition, the light issue is not an issue if you know how to alter a .cfg file and the fix has been posted.As per my original post it is the arrogance of some of the posts I have seen (and continue to see) which will keep my money in my pocket.
So you'll fly an inferior product rushed to release to cash in before the NGX came out, that you had to fix yourself, because you don't like "the arrogance of some of the posts" in the forums? It's your money, and you certainly are under no obligation to buy anything, especially if you already have another NG. I've been reading the forums here for quite a while and posting for the past several weeks... so yes, I've seen some of the threads here get out of hand... but "the arrogance of some of the posts" is kind of a petty "take my ball and go home" reason not to do something if you don't mind my saying so.I considered buying the "other" NG when it came out but decided to pass. Following the development of the NGX, it didn't seem to even be a comparison. Reading some of the problems people have had with it, I haven't really regretted it at all. I have numerous addons that I've had to fight with for one reason or another. I don't like arguing with the FMS... I don't like cartoony flight dynamics where a fully loaded mainline jet bounces around like a kid on a spring-mounted horse at a playground... I don't like cheaply approximated systems... and I especially don't like opening up the aircraft.CFG or the XML files in the panel and having to make alterations because the developers couldn't be bothered to give their own work a once-over before selling it to people. I have ~$300 worth of addon aircraft that I don't fly anymore for these reasons. I'm just done buying from developers that say "good enough" and throw the product out there. Some of them fix the problems, some of them don't, but for my money I expect a developer to at least try and fix the obvious stuff before release.I'm sure some issues will come up with the NGX, because you can't root out every problem... I'm quite comfortable however handing them my money and taking delivery of the NGX next week sometime knowing that they refused to take one cent of my money until they solved every problem they could find, got their product as close to perfect as possible, and will deal promptly with anything that does come up post-release.Hopefully this post isn't too arrogant...

Robert and crew your dedication and passion in this project will yield many pleasures both short and long term. Nothing great is completed overnight.Press ON!!!! and ye shall be rewarded!!!! :LOL

KROSWYND    a.k.a KILO_WHISKEY
Majestic Software Development/Support
Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip
SIMULATORS: MSFS2020/XP12/P3D v5.4 & v6:  YouTube Videos

The news i have been waiting for! Hopefully it is priced nicely too Tounge.gif

With the 737-800WL according to the specs it should be about 3115nm :(
LOL.gif
Kidding aside, if you don't load up FSX with all kinds of heavy scenery addons and HD REX cloud textures, you should be fine I guess, since PMDG stated the performance will be close to if not better than the MD-11. My previous system was less than yours and I managed the MD-11 reasonably well.Hope this helps.
I'm flossing an archaic Athlon 3500 with a 7800GTX and I can still play FSX reasonably well. Sure, my sliders aren't maxed out and I'm not running a dozen add-ons at the same time, but I find that the 747X and the MD11 run reasonably well on my computer. In my experience, every PMDG product has had better performance than the ones that preceded it, so I expect the NGX to perform at least as well as the MD11.-jr
That sounds pretty good! I thought about using FSX only with ActiveSky, some AI Traffic and the PMDG 737 NGx. If it needs to be, I'll fly in remote areas in Africa or Oceania... thankfully they are found everywhere around the globe. Looks I am going to install my FSX copy and eagerly await day X. Many thanks guys!

Congratulations to PMDG! Robert, you've given us, the customers, just the right amount of information each and every time you post an announcement thread. I'm in awe at just how you were able to keep the development between the team without spilling the beans once! I've also never heard of a team to work as hard and as long as you on something we'll take for granted. Hopefully there will be some who will appreciate the amount of detail put into product that they cant justify paying enough!A big thanks to you all, and as a pilot hoping one day to sit in one of these beauties, don't blame me if I throw the NGX on my resume for future interviews!! Applause.gif

Erik L.

As PMDG don't refund can you tell me if my computer will run it please; AMD Athlon 64x2 Dual Core Processer 3800+ 2,01GHz 2.00 GB RAM

Dave Taylor gb.png

Saw the e-mail from AOA and I nearly jizzed in my pants!Then I remembered that i'm moving house this weekend and won't have a reliable broadband connection for 2 weeks! Hope my mobile network dongle will be enough to download the NGX!How big will the download be again??ThanksNick

Robert and the rest of the PMDG Team, Fantastic news. AND also excellent timing. Starting a vacation week on the 6th. Now if I can just get out of the New Hampshire 4 day excursion. :(

I would also like to point out since PMDG announced it's release window, Avsim forums have set a new personal record of viewers online at once.

Well. NOW you can easily extend the beta until Aug 8 as now I am on vacation. Was back then not a short term vacation when started but now I am not at home when the NGX is released.Just kidding of course. Will happily wait until my return home.

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"