Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

"Soon" defined....

As PMDG don't refund can you tell me if my computer will run it please; AMD Athlon 64x2 Dual Core Processer 3800+ 2,01GHz 2.00 GB RAM
Dave,Quite honestly, that system is extremely old - I had an Athlon 64x2 4200+ in 2005... Expecting a 6 year old CPU to run cutting edge new stuff may be a bit much. 2GB of RAM is below what I'd consider the minimum, we're recommending 4GB+ and Windows 7 x64. You didn't list your GPU either...Will it run? Probably yes, but FSX's setting will have to be lowered, you won't be running high detail scenery, traffic etc... ie, not optimally. I'm just not sure how you could expect it to on such an old machine is all. Do you have the 400X or MD-11? How do those run for you?

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

The working days around PMDG have been 18-20hrs...The beta testers are starting to get twitchy, because their reports are no longer answered cheerfully.Some of us (not me!) haven't showered or shaved in days...[/color]]
Well this NGX is the reason I've been loosing sleep also, and I'm not even working on it. I got three hours sleep last night because I stayed awake thinking about this 737. I just went and bought an $800 737 throttle quadrant from Throttletek, just for this NGX (my wife rolled her eyes).This 737 is going to make me neurotic if you don't let me get my hands on it Nail%20Biting.gifTalk about loosing sleep!

Well this NGX is the reason I've been loosing sleep also, and I'm not even working on it. I got three hours sleep last night because I stayed awake thinking about this 737. I just went and bought an $800 737 throttle quadrant from Throttletek, just for this NGX (my wife rolled her eyes).This 737 is going to make me neurotic if you don't let me get my hands on it Nail%20Biting.gifTalk about loosing sleep!
LOL Just%20Kidding.gifMark Fosseth

we're recommending 4GB+ and Windows 7 x64.
That's something I'd like to know: how have been your testings with the NGX on Windows XP?

Matheus Mafra

That's something I'd like to know: how have been your testings with the NGX on Windows XP?
The only reason we're saying that is because of the propensity for OOM errors in FSX on the 32bit OSes.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Oh i should be alright with mine then although i could do with a new hard drive at some point...

This is great news. I have been following this thread since early this morning. I hope the download servers are able to cope with the large traffic they will dealing with.On a side note, I remember someone mentioning that the NG's trim wheels have a white marking on each wheel which are on opposite sides in relation to each other. I noticed that the ones in Angle of Attack's latest video are still on the same side in relation to each other. I have always disliked posts which try to find bugs in the NGX, but I am just curious as to whether this has been fixed (or whether there are some NG's which have the marks on the same side like the NGX). It is a very minor thing, and I really wouldn't care if it was wrong. I am just curious.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpgsig_TheBusIveBeenWaitingFor.jpg

Alfredo Terrero

The only reason we're saying that is because of the propensity for OOM errors in FSX on the 32bit OSes.
Ok, then. Thanks.

Matheus Mafra

To Robert and all at PMDG:We are all understandably thrilled that the release of this amazing add on is just days away. While I won't speak for the community, I think all will agree that we are extremely thankful for the hard work that you and your team have put in to bring this aircraft to market. It is my belief that it will set the standard for years to come in our "world" and it is my hope that you will have the financial success that comes along with the kind of quality product that PMDG has produced.I wish you all Godspeed and Good Luck in your release.Kind regards,David L. LambPMDG Supporter andFAA Licensed Aircraft Dispatcher.

I have always disliked posts which try to find bugs in the NGX, but I am just curious as to whether this has been fixed (or whether there are some NG's which have the marks on the same side like the NGX). It is a very minor thing, and I really wouldn't care if it was wrong. I am just curious.
Nick's videos were done with the first beta version - this was fixed subsequent to that version. They're not exactly opposite either actually, the trim wheel is installed on the shaft with the handle 90 +/- 15 degrees apart from the handle on the other wheel.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

Nick's videos were done with the first beta version - this was fixed subsequent to that version. They're not exactly opposite either actually, the trim wheel is installed on the shaft with the handle 90 +/- 15 degrees apart from the handle on the other wheel.
Excellent. Thanks for the response, Ryan. The attention this plane is being paid is amazing.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpgsig_TheBusIveBeenWaitingFor.jpg

Alfredo Terrero

But if all goes well over the next few days- we anticipate releasing the PMDG 737NGX on or before 04AUG11. (My birthday- if anyone cares! :( )
Awesome! What would you like for you birthday? Would purchasing the NGX be enough? :)Happy early birthday RSR!