Sign in to follow this  
tonibamestre

And after PMDG B777 ?

PMDG has already said they will do another redux of the B747, but remains to be seen what that will consist of. I can't see PMDG making an Airbus, and would surprise me if they did. Being that PMDG has very close ties and collaboration from Boeing on their projects, I'd bet that PMDG wouldn't want to upset that relationship or want Boeing to start re-thinking the parternship; or Boeing simply may not care - who knows. Remember that PMDG still has not made a, not including McDonnell Douglas, 717, 727, 757, 767, 777, or 787. Each of those projects would be multi-year projects, as well as other flight simulators coming out that will require some form of re-tweaking or re-design of the previously released aircraft to work in a new flight sim (from an airplane originally designed for FSX) - not to mention updating their planes that have already been released. It isn't like they're running out of work to do, and that doesn't even include aircraft from other OEMs than Airbus.

Why do Americans dislike the Airbus' aircrafts? I just do not get it...But I think the reason lies far more in the fact that PMDG has no access to the European aviation industry's documents. I would love to see the Boeing 737-300/400/500 series (in a rather small project like the JS41), that would finally complete the whole 737 series. Cheers, Ensar B

Americans dislike Airbus because we have our own company called BOEING and they make aircraft that are just as good, safer and they aren't subsidized by the government. The A380 would never have existed without government subsidies and the A350 wouldn't be thought of without subsidies when following the A380. Boeing gambled on the 727, 737, 747, and 707 (not in that order) and they proved to make the most popular airliner of all time, best selling trijet, best selling and most popular widebody airliner, and the first internationally commercially successful jetliner! Airbus successfully made the first glass cockpit airliner with government subsidies, made the first widebody fly-by-wire by subsidies, and the biggest airliner by subsidies...

Inactive

ooooh boy Whistle.gif (runs for cover) Neil Parris E8400 @ 3.81, 4GB Kingston DDR-1066, Gigabyte P35-DS3R, HP 2710m monitor.

Why do Americans dislike the Airbus' aircrafts? I just do not get it...
I don't have a problem with them, I just think they're ugly.

I doubt PMDG will make any Airbus in the next 10 years or so (i hope i'm wrong).Personally i'm not that interested in the upcoming 777, nor 787 or A380. Not that i won't buy them when/if PMDG brings them, but i would rather prefer to see: - 747 classic (-100, -200, -300)- L-1011 TriStar- DC-10- DC-8- IL 62 For me it's so much more interesting (romantic?) to fly old airliners... steam gauges, speed charts etc.One of the most enjoyable plane in my simming career was RFP 747-200. Truely amazing experience!It's so sad that we will propably never see any of the above done in FSX properly... Broken Heart.gif

Regards,

Radek

777A320A340ATR
B777-200LRA320-210A330-300CRJ1000

Cheers,
Todd

CXA557-2.jpg

Americans dislike Airbus because we have our own company called BOEING and they make aircraft that are just as good, safer and they aren't subsidized by the government.
Did the CEO from Airbus stole your candies when you were a kid or slept with your girlfriend ? The 536 extra orders this year for the European company show you who the airlines support. But I am agree with other posts, all Airbus are not piece of art and seems to have been design by a guy that wasn't gifted with the sense of sight. Anyway, a PMDG quality A320, A330 or A380 would be a very refreshing and interesting addition to the FS world. Benjamin PS : I would love some private jet like Dassault, Gulfstream and Embraer

Americans dislike Airbus because we have our own company called BOEING and they make aircraft that are just as good, safer and they aren't subsidized by the government.
Maybe you should do a little research before you post gibberish . Boeing is supported by the government. Their tax rate is only 8%. They got multiple breaks from the government. Im not a ###### i love any airplane that flies. I just hate it when "patriots" post fake info to try and get their opinion heard.

Maybe you should do a little research before you post gibberish . Boeing is supported by the government. Their tax rate is only 8%. They got multiple breaks from the government. Im not a ###### i love any airplane that flies. I just hate it when "patriots" post fake info to try and get their opinion heard.
To be fair, recently WTO said that Boeing received 3 Billion in illegal subsidies while Airbus received 20-25 Billion. Most of Airbus' subsidies came from R&D which allowed them to develop the A380 even with minimal customers. A year ago there were only 5 operators of the A380 (Before Air France, Lufthansa etc) If Boeing only had 5 customers lined up for the 787 how do you think there pocket books would be looking? I think its pretty obvious that Airbus makes good planes, but with the backing of European governments that allow for them to "miss" once or twice and still stay at the top tear.

Nick Running

Why do Americans dislike the Airbus' aircrafts? I just do not get it...
As a real pilot of small aircraft a flight simulation is for me a nice way to sharpen my skills. Airbus doesn't do anything for me in this area since I will never fly FBW aircraft, I have no interest in FBW. The level of automation in Airbus makes it useless for my own selfish needs Money%20Eyes.gif . But give me a nicely modelled Dassault Falcon or TBM Socata and I will be happy, they are not american aircraft ...

Well, Airbus gets government money to build planes. They got $4 Billion for R&D on the A380! The only money Boeing got to build the 747 was Pan Am's risk

Inactive

Well, Airbus gets government money to build planes. They got $4 Billion for R&D on the A380! The only money Boeing got to build the 747 was Pan Am's risk
Boeing doesn't get much money but it does get a enormous tax cut 8% out of the required 35%. And sorry, i feel like i came off harsh. I just don't understand hating something form another country. For the record i dont think what is airbus is doing is right either.

Boeing doesn't get much money but it does get a enormous tax cut 8% out of the required 35%. And sorry, i feel like i came off harsh. I just don't understand hating something form another country. For the record i dont think what is airbus is doing is right either.
I only hate the A380 with passion! Airbus offers a good-ish product at a cheap price, their A330 is very smooth, but the A320-series is horrible! I just like Boeings a lot more

Inactive