Sign in to follow this  
tonibamestre

And after PMDG B777 ?

I am European - and i love your Boeings. Airbuses are just plain ugly birds.
hehe .. i luv you man

L1011 here, Boeing is nice and all, I just have very fond memories of the L10 being the first wide body I ever flew on (being a kid, it was amazing compared to the 727 and DC-9/MD-80's). All the start engine smoke + the first auto-land. Just a cool bird. As far as airbus vs. boeing, it's probably just a nationalism thing. Idk, maybe it's just part of the PR obfuscation, I can fly a boeing, but I have to make sure that the airbus is in the right mode before I fly it (at least that's the bias as I understand it). I wish McDonald Douglas, heck Lockheed and everyone else was still around though (I guess they are, but just not our aircraft wise) =/..... Great big "meh" all around tho, go L1011!!! Tim Neelan.

CRJ2/7/9! whoever said they dont fly many crj's in europe is wrong! hell lufthansa has the biggest fleet of them in the world!
Yes, besides Lufthansa and SAS (already mentioned in a post above), ALITALIA and BRIT AIR (one of Air France's regional subsidiaries) fly the CRJ - and I probably missed a few others.
As a real pilot of small aircraft a flight simulation is for me a nice way to sharpen my skills. Airbus doesn't do anything for me in this area since I will never fly FBW aircraft, I have no interest in FBW. The level of automation in Airbus makes it useless for my own selfish needs Money%20Eyes.gif . But give me a nicely modelled Dassault Falcon or TBM Socata and I will be happy, they are not american aircraft ...
This means you probably don't want a 777 either since it is also FBW.BTW, who can predict that small aircraft will never use FBW in the future (yes I know, this is pushing a bit but hey...)? Speaking about what a sim can do for you, a few weeks before a couple of real flights in an A320 last year (jumpseat only, of course, I am not an airline pilot), I bought the Wilco Airbus, FS2Crew and Mike Ray's book. I wouldn't comment on the pros and cons of a competitive sim developper on this forum but : 1- It was a great learning experience and it was fun (you bet the real flights were even funnier...)2- I think that, besides FBW, the Airbus controls (side stick, throttle with notches) add to the challenge for sim developpers although, in my opinion, Wilco did a reasonably good job at tackling the problem and PMDG would have no problem either but the hard core simmer might want to get the right hardware. Bruno

Well listening to RSR on the FS Break podcast, he stated that they wouldn't take on another 3 year project. He also said they were planning on releasing another four or five aircraft over the next couple of years based on this platform (which I assume to be the NGX development platform). It's likely that a lot of the systems, software and tools they have developed for the NGX over the last three years can be used within new aircraft which substantially reduces the amount of development time required. Whether they can be used in the development of an Airbus is anyones guess, I would think probably not. I think the remainder of the current Boeing line will probably be next on the agenda. A 747 remake, the 777 and the 787 and possibly the 767as well. Of course I could also be completely wrong.

This means you probably don't want a 777 either since it is also FBW.
Yes, but it is a different FBW, very much resembling feel/yoke forces of an ordinary aircraft.But I never care for 777 or anything like that because of its size.

Well listening to RSR on the FS Break podcast, he stated that they wouldn't take on another 3 year project. He also said they were planning on releasing another four or five aircraft over the next couple of years based on this platform (which I assume to be the NGX development platform). It's likely that a lot of the systems, software and tools they have developed for the NGX over the last three years can be used within new aircraft which substantially reduces the amount of development time required. Whether they can be used in the development of an Airbus is anyones guess, I would think probably not. I think the remainder of the current Boeing line will probably be next on the agenda. A 747 remake, the 777 and the 787 and possibly the 767as well. Of course I could also be completely wrong.
The CWS function in the NG's AFDS and in the MD-11 is quite similar in a way to augmented FBW so it's not unreasonable to think it could be done. However, having said that I don't think PMDG would end up doing and airbus due to the work they have done in the past with Boeing. But if they would so kindly prove me wrong I'd love an airbus. Im happy with the NGX for now.People need to get off the Boeing vs. Airbus argument they're both awesome in their own ways.... It's comparing apples with oranges.Regards, Luke Stevens

Not even American Airlines is American! They bought 260 A320 series (130 A320family 130 A320neo family). You know that will never happen right?
That doesn't make them less American.

Regards,
Jamaljé Bassue

People need to get off the Boeing vs. Airbus argument they're both awesome in their own ways
I agree. I've heard people say that Europeans prefer the Airbus, while Americans prefer the Boeing. Personally I think it's just more down to personal preferences than anything. I'm European, and I'm just not a big fan of the Airbus. It's just seems too "clinical " for me, whereas for me you can almost feel the history in the Boeing, even with the latest technology in it (I'm sure that sounds daft to most people but that's just the way I feel about it). It's not that's the Airbus is a bad aircraft or that the Boeing is better, it's just a personal preference. I do think the Airbus needs someone to do a "PMDG" on it though, because that would be as popular a move as the NGX was. I just don't think it will be PMDG that do it.

Hello! If PMDG offers an Airbus A320/330/340 for FSX, I would buy it 3 times (at least!). I know a lot of people who would like a great Airbus for FSX. The A320 is one of the most sold airplane ever. And probably has the most advanced computer system. I also like Boeing but I prefer Airbus for the way of flying and so one. I'm enjoying the Boeing 737 but please create an Airbus! Moreover, the computer system is the same on the A320/330 and 340. Therefore fast all the modern Airbus fleet can be developed quickly since the FMGS is simulated. You also developed excellent "FS actions" and "the service based failure" is an excellent idea. Put in the Airbus, we're ready for takeoff. And today, you are probably the only business in the world that has the technical knowledge to simulate an Airbus. I hope this dream will become real, Christopher Schilly (Sorry for bad English)

Hello! If PMDG offers an Airbus A320/330/340 for FSX, I would buy it 3 times (at least!). I know a lot of people who would like a great Airbus for FSX. The A320 is one of the most sold airplane ever. And probably has the most advanced computer system. I also like Boeing but I prefer Airbus for the way of flying and so one. I'm enjoying the Boeing 737 but please create an Airbus! Moreover, the computer system is the same on the A320/330 and 340. Therefore fast all the modern Airbus fleet can be developed quickly since the FMGS is simulated. You also developed excellent "FS actions" and "the service based failure" is an excellent idea. Put in the Airbus, we're ready for takeoff. And today, you are probably the only business in the world that has the technical knowledge to simulate an Airbus. I hope this dream will become real, Christopher Schilly (Sorry for bad English)
best selling ever is the B737 ... Boeing has built more B737 than Airbus has built aircraft.

Geez Guys, here I am sitting here just hoping for a simple paintkit for the 737NGX. Whistle.gifPraying.gifAngel.gif I really would like to see a Military variiant for the PMDG 737NGX . . . surpise, surprise. Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

best selling ever is the B737 ... Boeing has built more B737 than Airbus has built aircraft.
Yes but I said one of the most sold airplane ever. And now the 737 is available and I think a medium airplane like the A320 would be really appreciated by simmers. Have a nice day, Christopher Schilly

Gee convenient for the Americans to forget the 737 has been around for much longer than the A320 so just claim that more have sold. Now, how many NEO's have been ordered this year :-)What's Boeing's answer for this Seriously, get off your high horse and just accept that both are great

Seriously, get off your high horse and just accept that both are great
Yes, I agree perfectly. Both are serious airplanes and people who prefer one company due to its nationality are stupid. Christopher Schilly

Yes, I agree perfectly. Both are serious airplanes and people who prefer one company due to its nationality are stupid. Christopher Schilly
its not at all stupid ... its a part of humankind.